HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2009, 05:50 PM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,191 Posts
Gallery
UK AP/AV Meeting - 4th and 5th July 2009 - Photos and post-meeting discussion!

Hi all!

Further to the posts which have already been shared at the end of the sticky thread, I thought I'd get the ball rolling with a group shot from the Saturday at Ashorne House - seems a fitting way to start the photos/discussion thread!

(click to enlarge)

I will be posting more soon once I've edited them .....

Thanks to everyone who came along, regardless how long they were able to stay, and thanks to all the people who organised things behind the scenes (like finding the venues, getting permissions etc) and helped the event to run smoothly - I had a really fantastic time, and I reckon it was the best UKAP meet to date! I can't wait for the next one!

Cheers!

David

Edit: I have put together this video which I think paints a good picture of what this weekend was like!

UKAP/AV Meeting - 4th/5th July 2009 (8 min 52 sec)
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Last edited by Hogster; Jul 13, 2009 at 04:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2009, 03:09 AM
Kite flying SCRAPS member
Hampshire, UK
Joined Apr 2004
977 Posts
An excellent way to start the thread David, and echoing everyone else's comments a huge thank you to everyone for the organisation especially Gray for organising the whole thing and Gary Mortimer for organising the Saturday location. I will post up some pictures later today hopefully

Cheers
DaveB...>
GliderGuideMan is online now Find More Posts by GliderGuideMan
Old Jul 06, 2009, 07:55 AM
Hornchurch, Essex, UK
Joined Jul 2006
320 Posts
HI all,

can anyone that has photos and especially videos of my rocket zagi please e-mail them to me at pete@hartrockets.co.uk

thanks

Pete
hartrockets is offline Find More Posts by hartrockets
Old Jul 06, 2009, 12:37 PM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,777 Posts
Heres a video grab, I quickly flew a motor glider at the first location and just popped and Aiptek on, then it was trying to total the new airframe for the rest of the time.

Lovely shot to start us off there Dave, Adam and Pete why don't you put your other posts here as well be nice to have it all together.

Anyhow just to show I was there....
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Old Jul 06, 2009, 02:37 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Apr 2005
897 Posts
I still have to look at my photos.
I am holding off the disappointment for as long as possible

I had a wonderful time over the weekend. It even beat the inaugural meet in Wales. I got home very happy, slightly sun burnt (though not as much as Canada Goose) and very tired (I must buy an air bed next time and not sleep on a foam mat). My thanks go to all who attended and got along so well. I did not hear a cross word or raised voice, except in laughter, all weekend. Olivier is the only Frenchman that I have met who appears to have learnt English from Monty Python Films! Thanks for the Wine, Cheese and Saucisson Olivier.

It may take me until next weekend to get my shots sorted so don't hold your breath.

Richard
Bearded Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
Old Jul 06, 2009, 03:39 PM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
ENGLAND
Joined Jul 2001
2,439 Posts
Bearded Flyer
Wonderfull opener LOL
I'm sure there'll be a couple of nice ones really?!
GeeW is offline Find More Posts by GeeW
Old Jul 06, 2009, 04:01 PM
Hornchurch, Essex, UK
Joined Jul 2006
320 Posts
HI Guys,

thanks again for a great day.

my ground photos are at
http://picasaweb.google.com/hartrock...hyMeeting2009#

Zagi rocket onboard video flight 001
Zagi Flight 020 - 04/07/09 with flycamone onboard carmera at AP Meeting (0 min 32 sec)

Zagi rocket onboard video flight 002
Zagi flight 021 - 04/07/09 with flycamone onboard carmera at AP Meeting (0 min 27 sec)

Buzz flying wing onboard video.
Buzz Flight 007 with onboard video from flycamone2 (3 min 47 sec)

Happy flying

Pete
www.hartrockets.co.uk
hartrockets is offline Find More Posts by hartrockets
Old Jul 06, 2009, 04:22 PM
I fly with my little eye
Lancashire, England
Joined Jul 2005
1,834 Posts
This was something really special.

What a ride Pete!

Those flights were just fantastic! How you missed all the obstacles astonished me! Glad you could join us for our annual Jamboree...

Sifting through all my images may take some time, though the first run through shows a couple I might be persuaded to share.

Richard is right, it surpassed the first Welsh trip and had an international flavour too. A glimpse of an optimistic future with folks enjoying sharing the fruits of technology without aggression or conflict. I am honoured to have been part of it.

Cheers all,

Andrew
Swanlander is offline Find More Posts by Swanlander
Old Jul 06, 2009, 04:36 PM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,433 Posts
What a wonderful weekend it was. I have a few pictures to include from our home for two nights.
Holt farm campsite, this was without doubt an extraordinary camping ground. The owners gave us a flying field so we could fly some AP sessions for them.

Many thanks to all who attended making this weekend so very enjoyable!
Gray is offline Find More Posts by Gray
Last edited by Gray; Jul 06, 2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2009, 04:57 PM
I fly with my little eye
Lancashire, England
Joined Jul 2005
1,834 Posts
Well done Gray!

I will follow your lead and post some from early in the weekend, with subsequent photoshoot material saved for later posts.

Somehow I completely missed the canal (except for a blurred narrowboat )

This one captures the farm, complete with antique tractor at the gate. The eclectic mix of rusty vehicles was fascinating..What about that 1959 Saladin!

One of the campsite wardens came across before we left .....

Oh oh, I thought, now we are going to get an earful for chatting late into the night. But instead he just wanted to say how much they had enjoyed our displays, both with the AP models and with the evening entertainment (which included Terry's mystery UFO MK, a couple of glow lanterns and micro RC models....Great company, great memories.

Cheers

Andrew
Swanlander is offline Find More Posts by Swanlander
Last edited by Swanlander; Jul 06, 2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2009, 05:13 PM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,433 Posts
Thanks Andrew, probably one of the most memorable moments of the evening was Olivier flying Terry’s micro model and whistling the theme to the Dam Busters Film (the campers were joining in too) then shouting mayday, mayday as the batteries ran out!

SO MANY MEMORIES!

Gray.
Old Jul 06, 2009, 05:47 PM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,191 Posts
Great photos all! I loved the part where Olivier got out his recorder / flute and started playing fiddle/dance music on it! What an atmosphere!

I know these aren't strictly AP photos from the meet, but these are the photos which gave me a 92% reduction in the price I paid for 2 nights accommodation at the B&B!

More to come from the meet itself once I've processed them!

Cheers

David
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Old Jul 06, 2009, 06:15 PM
Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2004
3,917 Posts
Looks like you guys had wonderful weather and a wonderful time !!! Keep the pics coming !

But Hogster, could you maybe put in a smaller watermark for posting in the forum? Just reduce the size of the pics and they're less attractive for nicking....
Arthur P. is offline Find More Posts by Arthur P.
Old Jul 07, 2009, 01:04 AM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,433 Posts
David, what a lovely place to stay! You struck a good deal with those pictures, you only ended up paying for breakfast.

Cheers mate.

Gray
Old Jul 07, 2009, 01:27 AM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,777 Posts
Great images David, you made it look so simple.

All of Terry and Daves aircraft on display Sunday morning was quite a thing.

The night sky and moon as well on Sat night. Goodness knows what time Mike and Olivier finally went to sleep I had to give up!

Oh yes mobbing that pub in Ashorne, I think they wondered what on earth was happening and all of us sat there discussing the important stuff of life with the feint noise of David still trying to get the shot in the background.

The mass ranks of quadrocopters, that was cool.

So many things!
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer