Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 03, 2003, 09:06 AM
Dont roffle my waffle
USA, CA, Tustin
Joined Mar 2003
798 Posts
Slow Stick Fun

Have any of you guys attatched stuff to your planes for a load of fun. IE gliders parachutists or even pop-its. If you have can you give some tips to someone who wants to do that too. Also What other fun things have you done. What would be a cool looking yet efficient way to see it in the dark.

Thanks,
Trevor
NoMercy is offline Find More Posts by NoMercy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2003, 12:22 PM
Qaz
AR
Joined Oct 2002
22 Posts
Well its pretty simple to rig stuff. One of the more entertaining things I've done was to make bombs out of basal wood. Just took a 12 inch basal stick the same width as the fuse and taped some little cardboard fins to the back, stuck a foam earplug on the front with double sticky and I was done. Held the bomb against the bottom of the fuse with a 3rd servo. Works well but almost lost my SS a couple times watching the little basal bomb fall from 80 or so feet up.

I started to rig up a parasite glider but never got that airborne. I just couldn't get it secured in a good fashon.

And the trusty Aiptek Camera. Make sure the motor mount is secured with a screw/glue/something or the motor will pull itself off trying to haul the load. Had that happen twice...

If you wan't some quickie (but not cheap) lights get three of those little diamond shaped LED key fobs and just velcro them to the wing tips and under the battery. You can see those WAY off (2-3 hundred feet no problem)... Will be upgrading to the curtek lighting when that finally gets in.
Qaz is offline Find More Posts by Qaz
Old Apr 03, 2003, 01:28 PM
Dont roffle my waffle
USA, CA, Tustin
Joined Mar 2003
798 Posts
Sounds liek fun cosndiring my mom and brther got those key chains
Old Apr 03, 2003, 02:02 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
10,871 Posts
Check This Out

Here's something that looks like fun!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=107301
Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Apr 04, 2003, 10:39 AM
United States, AR, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2003
880 Posts
Here is another:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=drop+box

bugleboy
bugleboy is offline Find More Posts by bugleboy
Old Apr 04, 2003, 12:46 PM
Dont roffle my waffle
USA, CA, Tustin
Joined Mar 2003
798 Posts
I want to drop Pop-Its. What would be the best way. I would prefer for them to drop 1 by 1. Would a funnel work with the control arm covering it up and letting them loose. Tips Ideas???
Old Apr 04, 2003, 01:15 PM
Pocono Mountains, PA
Joined Jan 2002
197 Posts
Slow Stick on the way

I ordered a Slow Stick with an extra servo yesterday I was thinking of dropping a bunch of those nerf darts with the little suction cups in the end. They would stick all over the car. Maybe put a loop on the end of the dart and mount them on a rod kinda like the pingpong ball system.

I can't wait till it gets here this is going to be fun! My son is going through all of his toys to find things to drop.

Chris
Rivethead is offline Find More Posts by Rivethead
Old Apr 04, 2003, 03:45 PM
Dont roffle my waffle
USA, CA, Tustin
Joined Mar 2003
798 Posts
I figured it out. I am going to have two large straws. At a diangle so they would fall out. At the very bottom of these stars would be 1 servo so when I hit the switch one goes up and the other goes down leaving the end of the straw open so they can fall. Gonna see if I can hook it up to my landing gear... 5th channel thing lol.
Old Apr 04, 2003, 06:50 PM
Who Says Penguins Can't Fly?
Bay Area, California
Joined Jan 2003
2,713 Posts
some guy was releesing a paper airplane via. servo, sitting on wing.
aeropenguin is offline Find More Posts by aeropenguin