HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2009, 01:22 AM
Israel, Ness Ziona
Joined Sep 2004
4,704 Posts
Discussion
TWO Wings..Two Airfoils..What do you think?

HI
AS i am close to complete the new wing for my Busted( will be as new) Slow Stick
The wing is Clark Y airfoil..
The new wing:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1069330

Came out Not Thin ..with airfoils. flat with 0 angle!
Dose the Clark Y handle Ailerons..OK?
my plan is to put for every aileron a servo for better handle and diferential
Down aileron is 1/3 move then Up aileron.
I have at home in a great shape a EZ* wing as i plan to cut / mount ailerons in both wings

As i can think..the Y clark wing will fly Slower and will land shorter

EZ* probebly will float better but will fly faster and more landing distence.
I will probebly build both wings.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??

TX .... GUY
guyg is online now Find More Posts by guyg
Last edited by guyg; Jun 29, 2009 at 01:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2009, 01:55 AM
De-Brushed user
Midland, Tx / W. Lafayette, Ind.
Joined Dec 2002
2,949 Posts
Clark-Y will handle ailerons just fine. I would predict that the EZ-Star wing, being higher aspect ratio with less area, will fly faster but with a better glide ratio than you scratchbuilt Clark-Y wing. I'm not sure what all you are asking other than that.

Good luck, your scratchbuilt wing looks fine to me. The only thing I am not sure of is the strength, it looks like it was built out of foamboard? That will probably be good enough, that carbon rod will be in tension at the bottom surface there so as long as the top foam surface does not buckle you will have a strong wing. But any crease in it, possibly caused by rubber bands from securing to the fuselage, could cause it to fold easily. Something to watch out for.

Jonathan
CAFplanekid is offline Find More Posts by CAFplanekid