HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:01 PM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Discussion
Difference between Hyperion Duo v1,v2, and v3

What are the differences between these three Duo chargers? If I upgrade the firmware of a v1 what is the difference between that and the v3?

Thanks.
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:13 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
7,936 Posts
You started a thread for this? Ever heard the phrase RTFM?
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:22 PM
Go ahead... Build it to crash!
Conroe, TX
Joined Apr 2007
2,630 Posts
Wow, what a helpful post. Why even bother typing it jfetter? Perhaps he got a used one that didn't come with the manual. I don't know the answer, but as this person is new to rcgroups, you might try asking if they already used the search feature and didn't find what they are looking for. Or you might just not respond at all and let someone else have a crack at it. Ever heard the phrase STFU? If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all. blbills, don't let this type of response deter you from asking questions on RCgroups. That is what these boards are for. Sorry but I'm not familiar with that charger. Someone with less attitude will be around shortly to help you out.
Fuegodeth is offline Find More Posts by Fuegodeth
Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:29 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
7,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuegodeth
Wow, what a helpful post. Why even bother typing it jfetter? Perhaps he got a used one that didn't come with the manual. I don't know the answer, but as this person is new to rcgroups, you might try asking if they already used the search feature and didn't find what they are looking for. Or you might just not respond at all and let someone else have a crack at it. Ever heard the phrase STFU? If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all. blbills, don't let this type of response deter you from asking questions on RCgroups. That is what these boards are for. Sorry but I'm not familiar with that charger. Someone with less attitude will be around shortly to help you out.
Really Fuego?

The question doesn't warrant a thread, sorry for being short but c'mon. The diffrerences are minimal between them and quite frankly yes, READ THE MANUAL! Besides, post in the Hyperion support thread, the Hyperion Duo forum, good lord there are at least 3 existing resources to support this charger...

Jack
Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:29 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,364 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=960657
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:30 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
7,936 Posts
Quote:
...Sorry but I'm not familiar with that charger.
Well, that was equally helpful now wasn't it?

Jack
Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:59 PM
Go ahead... Build it to crash!
Conroe, TX
Joined Apr 2007
2,630 Posts
I'm just trying to defend the guy you know. He's got 7 posts on rcgroups and probably isn't too eager to come back for more after your response. Why not try to help the new users? And having 7 posts he might not know that there are those threads out there. You could have just posted a link to them instead of being nasty about it. You know you are not obligated to respond to every thread in batteries and chargers fetter. RTFM is not helpful in anyway.
Fuegodeth is offline Find More Posts by Fuegodeth
Old Jun 28, 2009, 05:26 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
3,721 Posts
This page will help:

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/eos/

It actually lists the differences between the DUO2 and DUO3

Quote:
DUO3 Changes vs. Previous DUO2:
* 12-Bit Balance Circuit Resolution for superb accuracy
* Built-In USB DataPort and supplied USB cable
* Hardware support for PC Control & Logging Software
(Bi-Direction release before Dec 2009. Logging available now.)
* 20 Memory slots for batteries per port (40 total)
* CYCLE mode for LiFePO4 and LiPo
* Max Current per port raised from 10A to 15A
I have two DUO1 running firmware v2.1 and they are still doing the job for me.
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Jun 28, 2009, 08:44 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
If you are looking to buy new, the v.3 is the way to go IMHO. For the extra $30 over the V.2, you get a lot more. Twice the memory, can charge up to 15 amps on 1 side, 50 watt discharge, ect.... spend the extra $30 for the V.3 if you can.
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32
Old Jun 28, 2009, 08:54 PM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,581 Posts
Both the 610 V1 and V2 are now out of production, replaced by the 615 Duo V3. Info about all Hyperion products is now available on their new web site at
www.hyperion-world.com .
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut
Old Jun 28, 2009, 09:59 PM
SoCal
Joined Jul 2003
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider32
If you are looking to buy new, the v.3 is the way to go IMHO. For the extra $30 over the V.2, you get a lot more. Twice the memory, can charge up to 15 amps on 1 side, 50 watt discharge, ect.... spend the extra $30 for the V.3 if you can.
On top of that, you don't need to buy the $20 USB adapter and cable for future firmware update as it is already built-in with the V3.
Dondon is offline Find More Posts by Dondon
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:04 PM
New Jersey, USA
Joined Mar 2008
298 Posts
Quote:
I'm just trying to defend the guy you know. He's got 7 posts on rcgroups and probably isn't too eager to come back for more after your response. Why not try to help the new users? And having 7 posts he might not know that there are those threads out there. You could have just posted a link to them instead of being nasty about it. You know you are not obligated to respond to every thread in batteries and chargers fetter. RTFM is not helpful in anyway.

Well said. There's something perversely redundant about answering a "useless" question with an even more useless answer...
gmohr is offline Find More Posts by gmohr
Old Jun 29, 2009, 03:05 AM
Joined Mar 2007
210 Posts
I have 2 duo 1 and for me the main difference is the price .. it get more expensive every time
baykah is offline Find More Posts by baykah