HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2009, 02:16 PM
Brandon
Meridian, Idaho
Joined Dec 2006
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76
Do you know if adding a f4u prop and bigger ESC makes much difference? From what I can tell since I have both, the mustang is already faster in stock form.
It adds a slight increase in speed and climb from what I experienced with mine, but I prefer the MAS electric 10x8 the best so far... not a huge increase in speed but a nice pulling power.
hoverflyhehe is offline Find More Posts by hoverflyhehe
Last edited by hoverflyhehe; Aug 24, 2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2009, 02:41 PM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo60
Anyone try landing with FLAPERONS yet???

I skipped the "Y" Harness and left the Ailerons on 2 seperate channels and am wondering if a little flaperon would allow for slower/shorter landings.

Am a bit concerned with tip stalling though, since the ailerons are on the wingtips.

Kilo-
Have you tried this yet? Im interested also.
Nickbm3 is offline Find More Posts by Nickbm3
Old Aug 24, 2009, 03:51 PM
It's just a new plane honey!!!
Joined Oct 2008
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76
Got one of these. I also have the corsiar. I imemdiately flew it with an 1800 mAh lipo.

I noticed it has an 18 A esc, but the corsiar has a 30 A. Does the corsiar and mustang have the same motor?

Yes they have the sam motor. Prop is smaller on P-51. do not prop up the P-51 without up grading ESC.
Shuedog is offline Find More Posts by Shuedog
Old Aug 24, 2009, 04:01 PM
Dyess AFB
Joined Apr 2009
697 Posts
Finally got my motor mount so my Petie 2nd is ready for her maiden whenever the winds calm down around here.
Matt Howard is offline Find More Posts by Matt Howard
Old Aug 24, 2009, 05:15 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Finally got my motor mount so my Petie 2nd is ready for her maiden whenever the winds calm down around here.
I see some people are using my MAS prop suggestion....or maybe not.
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Old Aug 24, 2009, 05:19 PM
Dyess AFB
Joined Apr 2009
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bomb
I see some people are using my MAS prop suggestion....or maybe not.
It's a 10x7, ran it up in the garage and it'll have plenty of power on the park 480
Matt Howard is offline Find More Posts by Matt Howard
Old Aug 24, 2009, 05:59 PM
Soon to be CrashMasterPhil
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
718 Posts
Good Cheap Motor Servo ESC Combo

I got a Exceed Monsterpower 10 motor ($18) and Volanco 40a ESC ($23) from Hobbypartz.com with some $3.50 TP 9g servos. Total cost shipped was $60. They also sell 3S2200 lipos for under $20 when their in stock.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/monsterpow...ess-motor.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/volcano-40...oller-esc.html

http://www.hobbypartz.com/topromisesg9.html

Got the Air Frame Kit PKZ1870, motor mount PKZ1825, T-28D prop PKZ1012 and adapter PKZ1011 and Motor Mount from MyAtomic shipped for $78.

I did have to drill two holes in the motor mount and press the shaft to the other end with a brass hammer. I could of used the Monsterpower 10 prop adapter with some washer and save my self the hassle of pressing the shaft and saved $3.

Total cost so far is $138. I'm using a existing AR6100 Rx, 3S2200mah Lipo and Charger.

Using the T-28D Prop it pulled over 300w. If it wasn't so windy I'd be flying right now!

Hope this help someone...
divemasterphil is offline Find More Posts by divemasterphil
Last edited by divemasterphil; Aug 24, 2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 06:30 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie Graphics
No problem Tram! I can do that one too! Give me a couple of days and I'll get it added.
Awesome!
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Aug 24, 2009, 09:07 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,372 Posts
Just about ready shoot some enamel onto the fuse and wings the new cowl alread has a second coat of the primary colour
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old Aug 24, 2009, 09:43 PM
Joined Sep 2007
211 Posts
That prop is a nice upgrade.
SubEd is offline Find More Posts by SubEd
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:20 PM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
For anyone with heavier p-51's who may be interested...

Tried Flaperons today (ended up being spoilerons i guess). At first i had them set to pop the ailerons down, which caused it to nose down a little and start dropping altitude, thought that was odd so i set them to pop up and it works beautiful! Comes in nice and slow and controlable, id guess it cut maybe a third off the landing length.

I know she lands fine in stock form, but im using 2200 25C battery which adds alot of weight, and the E-flite motor has almost no resistance to freewheeling.

Can someone explain why it worked better as spoilerons? it did slow it down alot, but also really seemed to float.
Nickbm3 is offline Find More Posts by Nickbm3
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:35 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,863 Posts
Motor Swap Report

I put my Gunfighter up this evening with the Headuprc.com 480 Plus and DonsRC pentium 40 amp esc/MAS 10x8 prop on Flightmax 20c 1800. I wanted to get pics and video but two of my children went with me and it was too hectic. The plane flew great with LOTS of speed with the hammer down gettin low and fast. I thought my Corsair was fast with same motor and Stock Prop, but after the Stang it feels like more of a floater. Only prob I had with the Stang was the spinner vibrated too much. I confirmed this by taking the spinner off and running up the throttle. FLew great but made an aweful buzz. I will replace spinner with a better unit. I need to be more maticulous about balanceing my props too. It wont get flown again for a few months as I am going on a 4 month business trip soon, but when I return it will get the APC 9x9. Aside from the Stang, my 5yr old son and I were doing the buddy box thing with DX6i and DX5e on my BRushless/aileron HZ cub and when I was looking down at his transmitter to adjust his throttle setting he did a crazy dive and pitch up that broke the strut hooks and folded the wing. Put it straight into the ground. Minor scrapes and it will rise again eventually with some new parts.
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Aug 25, 2009, 01:08 AM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Excellent!!!!!!! Great job Matt!!!

Since everyone's talking about prop changes and handling, I did some today. I took my Stang out with the Corsair prop and ran it on a Dualsky 2200map 25C lipo, and a Super Tigre 1500map 15C.

Definitely LOVE the 2200map 25C set up!!!! Lots of power, more speed, great verts, and longer fly time. Best set up yet. Still gotta hook up the watt meter and check the numbers. The 1500 was good but I still think the stock prop and battery are better in comparison. If the numbers are good, and in the "safe zone", I'm going to stick with the Corsasir prop and 2200 lipo. Although I haven't tried the 1500 with the stock prop. Hmmmmm.

Do you guys think the MAS 10x8 gives a better performance than the Corsair prop & 2200? I'll try it if it's going to be better. But if it's only marginal, it ain't gonna be worth the trip to the LHS.

Also did a video with each, but not sure if I'll post them. Just a bunch of loops, inverted flight, rolls, and probably the lowest pass I can do without a high speed belly landing (8 inches!! The prop tips were litterally 3" off the grass!! Scared the crap outta me, I didn't mean to get THAT low!!), from the cockpit view. Oh, I did buzz a dog on the field who tried jumping on me! Glad I use a Tx strap or the lil punk woulda knocked the Tx outta my hands. He ran out to see if he could catch my plane, so I buzzed him & forced him to duck and go running off the field. (How's that for a dogfight?!) LOL

All I can say is...... I LOVE THIS BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moonbeam is online now Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Aug 25, 2009, 01:25 AM
Brandon
Meridian, Idaho
Joined Dec 2006
491 Posts
Honestly Moonbeam, if it is a PITA for you to get one I wouldn't worry about it. The two props are close in performance IMHO, I just didn't like the way the stock spinner sat on the adapter and the lack of "purchase" of the nut on the threads of the T-28 adapter when I installed it. For some reason mine was only catching a few threads and I was not cool with that!

And 2200s are the only way to go... if you have them or are looking to buy batteries.
hoverflyhehe is offline Find More Posts by hoverflyhehe
Old Aug 25, 2009, 02:08 AM
Excuse me , I speak Jive...
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Jun 2008
626 Posts
I am finally going to pull the trigger and order the Moonbeam McSwine graphics from Callie in the morning.
carguy671 is offline Find More Posts by carguy671