HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:48 AM
Brandon
Meridian, Idaho
Joined Dec 2006
491 Posts
No problem, you are going to have to do a whole squadron! BTW Moonbeam, I think a picture thread would be really sweet and give a lot of guys here ideas on schemes they could do on their planes. It would be nice to have photos of the real planes and any PZ replicas guys have painted with it.
hoverflyhehe is offline Find More Posts by hoverflyhehe
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2009, 01:39 AM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
3,958 Posts
Cool. As long as it will help folks, I'll do it. Might be tomorrow evening before I get around to posting it all though.

On another note, after some testing, the cmera pic is fine through the PFP aftermarket canopy. I just had the line of sight too close to the point where the windscreen meets the upper frame. At that point there's a difference in thickness and the view distorts. I just lowered the cam a little and it was fine. Which fortunately gives me an excuse to do some more flying with the cam on board!!!
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Aug 23, 2009, 01:52 AM
Excuse me , I speak Jive...
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Jun 2008
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFly.
I finally got my Mustang together!
I haven't decided on a paint theme yet, thinking maybe "Bluenose", maybe one of Chuck Yeagers birds, or even an RAF Mustang.
Dave.

A RAF Mustang IV would be really neat because it could be in the gray and green camo even though most of the later Mustangs used by the RAF wee in natural metal finish. Chuck Yeager's Glamorous Glenn III would be a great scheme and you can easily get that from Callie. Some other cool schemes came from the Pacific theater. You could do the 118th TRS with the lightning bolt down the sides or some of the squadrons that were based on Iwo Jima.
carguy671 is offline Find More Posts by carguy671
Last edited by carguy671; Aug 24, 2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 02:19 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy671
I think that it would be pretty cool if Parkzone or the aftermarket ( parkflyerplastics ) would bring out a canopy hatch cover to make the Gunfighter into a B or C model Mustang. It wold also need some foam to raise the spine of the fuselage to meet the back of the cockpit. This would give us so many more Mustangs to do like Princess Elizabeth , Shangri-La and The West By Gawd Virginian.
That would be a killer idea.. I'd have to have a B/C model..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Aug 23, 2009, 04:22 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,249 Posts
I had my P-51 BL out today, close to the ground 15-20'. It was attacked by a hawk. I was not aware of his stalking the plane as he attacked from behind. He hit it and it went straight down. He did not appear to be carrying much momentum but physics doesn't lie. No damage to the plane other than a small tear. I've done much worse damage to this thing than that bird did. I think it was attracted to the color of the Gunslinger.
MrEWorm is offline Find More Posts by MrEWorm
Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:58 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
It was great to see my brother reaction when he seen how fast my plane was today!!!! It was great(he has the corsair with the park 480 1020kv and a 10x8 prop) I can say with my little 9x9 and Omega 1030kv motor I smoked him. Just left it in the dust. Ahhh what a feeling. That poor corsair didnt stand a chance. The Omega put out alot more power than the park!!
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:02 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
It was great to see my brother reaction when he seen how fast my plane was today!!!! It was great(he has the corsair with the park 480 1020kv and a 10x8 prop) I can say with my little 9x9 and Omega 1030kv motor I smoked him. Just left it in the dust. Ahhh what a feeling. That poor corsair didnt stand a chance. The Omega put out alot more power than the park!!

I am interested in running the 9x9 but the LHS didnt have any. Last night I installed a 480 plus 1100kv from Headsuprc.com. I use this motor in my Corsair with stock prop(dont have any 9x9's) I put a 10x8 on the Stang and registered 32amps wide open and had a hard time holding onto it. Gonna try for a flight with it tomorrow. My Corsair really cooks with stock prop on this motor so 9x9 should really be the sweet spot. Advertised amps on 9x9 for this motor is 32. I am also running a DonsRC 40 amp sw.mode esc. adn 1800 or 2200 packs.
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GWS Formosa 2
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:11 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
I am interested in running the 9x9 but the LHS didnt have any. Last night I installed a 480 plus 1100kv from Headsuprc.com. I use this motor in my Corsair with stock prop(dont have any 9x9's) I put a 10x8 on the Stang and registered 32amps wide open and had a hard time holding onto it. Gonna try for a flight with it tomorrow. My Corsair really cooks with stock prop on this motor so 9x9 should really be the sweet spot. Advertised amps on 9x9 for this motor is 32. I am also running a DonsRC 40 amp sw.mode esc. adn 1800 or 2200 packs.
Let me know how it works out for you with the 9x9 prop. I am putting the stock motor back in mine for right now as I need the Omega motor for the plane I bought it for. So Would love to see how the 480+ works out
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:18 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,408 Posts
Definately. THe 480 from HeadsupRC is only 32$ shipped to your door in about 2 days so for 480 compatible electrics its a no brainer. I am going to get some pics/video tomorrow night. Gonna move the stock 480 from the Stang to upgrade my Park450 powered HZ Cub.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2009, 09:45 PM
Park Flyer
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
636 Posts
Got eight 2200mah packs through this plane today, on the seven pack and 21 landing the rudder fall off. It was my hardest landing of the day, she ran long and was getting close to the ditch and I stalled it. I did remember an old trick from the balsa days and put toothpicks through the hinges on both the Elevator and Rudder.

I have put 15 pack through it now and did at least 45 landings. To date, I destroyed a Spinner and Collect/prop adapter learning to land (I Stalled it then also).

So far, this plane has been the most enjoyable of all the planes I've own. Good Bye Multiplex!
divemasterphil is online now Find More Posts by divemasterphil
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:23 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
carguy671,
Thanks for the post, I haven't made up my mind yet, but now you've got me thinking, after I finish the Twin Mustang I'm building, maybe I'll have to build a B or a C model out of mine.
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:34 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy

Yeah the APC9x9E on an 1100Kv should be a sweet ride, but please do keep in mind at those speeds with heavier batteries, the h-stab and elevator will be screaming for mercy! Do consider making something more up to the task... Link
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:39 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRendezvous
Yeah the APC9x9E on an 1100Kv should be a sweet ride, but please do keep in mind at those speeds with heavier batteries, the h-stab and elevator will be screaming for mercy! Do consider making something more up to the task... Link
Right on... I taped my hinges right out of the box. I embedded/glued in a piece of thin lexan as a spar in the Horizontal Stab. I didnt have any trouble but I did feel like the Elevator didnt have enough authority. After that I installed T-28 prop 30 amp Eflite ESC. I just noticed that I have the elevator on the farthest hole on the control horn. Definately gonna move it in and experiment. The lexan spar makes the whole stab VERY rigid.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:44 AM
Joined Jun 2008
626 Posts
Dogfly,
We have a old Gunny fuse and a few Cub wings that I'm going to try a few things with after we get our airframe kits finished. I just want to see how hard it would be to make a B/C. Do you have any info on the hotwire that you just got for the P-82. I looked on Hobbycentral's site and didn't see much.
Last edited by carguy671; Aug 24, 2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 02:39 AM
Joined Jun 2008
626 Posts
I just found a great site with pictures of some of the 20 + mustangs flying as bluenosers right now. There is also a link to great GML pics.

http://mysite.verizon.net/sannabill/id11.html