HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2009, 09:31 PM
wormburner
Minneapolis
Joined May 2009
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping
On the bench a 9x9E APC draws 22 amps with the stock motor. 10x7 only pulled 17 amps which might be OK for the stock ESC. The 10x7 flies really nice, good speed and easy hand launches.
thanks for the numbers.
grimace308 is offline Find More Posts by grimace308
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2009, 09:44 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4J Denny
Just got mine today, nice plane. One question, maybe Dave or someone from Horizon can answer. With the twin servo's for the ailerons and a computer tx does this plane need any differential added (like on the Corsair) for smoother response or are they set to the same throw. Thanks
Nope, we haven't been flying with any differential at all.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:08 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,390 Posts
Dave do you have any idea when we will see this plane in Australia?

I'm still interested in getting one to add to my Park Zone War Bird Fleet

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:24 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker

cheers chuck
Chuck, I'm sorry I don't know when O'Reilly is going to have it. You might want to give them a call and ask.

David
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:33 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Chuck, I'm sorry I don't know when O'Reilly is going to have it. You might want to give them a call and ask.

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker

cheers chuck

I sent them off an email yesterday, this was their reply....

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Reilly's Model Flight
Hi Mike

These are still a few months off I have no ETA. Keep an eye on our web site.

Regards
Matthew
Model Flight

Considering I waited over 4 months for a replacment Corsair cowl, we will be lucky to see them before Christmas

Mike.
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:36 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,390 Posts
thanks Dave, might give that a miss and just wait till another store gets them in, thats if he imports them? i like many others in Adelaide won't deal with his shop, even though he's the importer, pity there wasn't another importer, so as not to give them the monopoly and hence attitude they have

thanks for your quick answer Dave
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:44 PM
Joined Dec 2007
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRendezvous

Considering I waited over 4 months for a replacment Corsair cowl, we will be lucky to see them before Christmas

Mike.
yes i too only just got my Corsair cowl

i hate the way you have trouble getting parts from your local hobby store, when his web site says they have them parts instock, forces us to have to go to there store some times as the small local shops can't seem to get the parts in

oh well it's only the price of postage that stops me buying my PZ planes from the USA

lets hope the P-51 arrives before Christmas, i was hoping to be buying this years "New" war bird then and i also want to upgrade my T-28 to the new T-28D as my original was what i learnt on and is not looking as good as it did hahaha

cheers chuck
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:19 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,372 Posts
What’s more when you do finally get parts through them, the quality leaves a lot to be desired. I just unpacked a new canopy today only to find the fit with the fuselage to be quite poor. Then there were the replacement cowls that had dents in them, these were difficult to photograph, but are quite obvious when viewed in person. (Not transport damage either) It's like all the factory seconds are packaged up and shipped out as spare parts... [/RANT]
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:40 PM
wormburner
Minneapolis
Joined May 2009
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRendezvous
What’s more when you do finally get parts through them, the quality leaves a lot to be desired. I just unpacked a new canopy today only to find the fit with the fuselage to be quite poor. Then there were the replacement cowls that had dents in them, these were difficult to photograph, but are quite obvious when viewed in person. (Not transport damage either) It's like all the factory seconds are packaged up and shipped out as spare parts... [/RANT]
the parts fitting like crap might not be all his fault. i got a replacement part from a local shop and the replacement canopy for the f4u fit so badly, i thought it might have been for another plane. anyway, dude at the shop said you win some and you lose some, which might sound flippant, but hes cool, helps me out with my most dumb dumb questions and i he would have replaced it had i asked...and not already modified it to fit.

mine had a huge gap in the back just like yours, was off center and the front was at least a1/4" off.
grimace308 is offline Find More Posts by grimace308
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:48 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,372 Posts
Yeah I just need a shoulder to cry on.... sucks it up... I'll survive. It's such a great day outside I might just go for a fly, batteries are on charge!
Last edited by LunaRendezvous; Jun 30, 2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old Jul 01, 2009, 03:15 AM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,058 Posts
For your viewing pleasure. The REAL one!!!

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=ee876715
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Jul 01, 2009, 05:40 AM
Blythewood, SC
Joined Dec 2003
218 Posts
Thanks a lot Ping, I'll give the 10x7 a try.
Chipped Rotor is offline Find More Posts by Chipped Rotor
Old Jul 01, 2009, 07:44 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
USA, FL, Green Cove Springs
Joined Jul 2008
1,583 Posts
After a beautiful personal attack on another thread, my enthusiasm for writing my review has seriously waned. Maybe later, maybe tomorrow...
ugly john is offline Find More Posts by ugly john
Old Jul 01, 2009, 07:52 AM
Joined Jun 2006
158 Posts
PZ Mustang BL

Managed to get my new Mustang yesterday and get to the field. This plane tracks so much better than any of my other PZ warbirds, its wonderfull! I flew 5 packs in the stock configuration (added rudder when i got home) and it was the talk of the field. Climbs right out after a gentle underhand toss with no bad tendencys I could find. Considered mod'ing for larger packs but I think i'll leave this one just like it is. I could find only a single concern when I added the functional rudder in that the hinge area seems very thin. I'll add some hinge tape before I get to the field this afternoon. Thanks PZ, a great job!
garlonbs is offline Find More Posts by garlonbs
Old Jul 01, 2009, 08:41 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,184 Posts
Well yesterday I was in the LHS looking for some servo's and there it was...both versions. I was drawn to the "B N F" like a magnet and took it home...never got the servo's.

I put it together last night, installed rudder, binded and tested all control services. As I still fly (my upgraded) Frankie on a regular basis I wanted to compare the flight differences between of the two.

I maidened Gunfighter this morning at a local school yard, hand launch was much more controlled then a stock Frankie....no dipping towards the ground and no roll to the left. I agree the aileron rate could be increased a bit from the out of the box setting. All basic areobatics and inverted flight were as all of you have described. No surprises there !! I personally didn't notice any big difference between the old single aileron servo vs the two individual servo's. It was an easy and fun bird to fly.

Since I never flew or saw either the T-28 or Corsair fly, I was just anticipating the speed and power over a stock Frankie...It was definately an improvement over the old, but not as much as I thought it would be. I will probably upgrade the motor or swap out the the ESC for a prop with more pitch in Gunfighter as I like the way my upgraded Frankie flies with it's gearbox driven 400+ watts.

Now that I have flown both...did I need to buy a new PZ Mustang ?? compaired to a stock Frankie....yes I did, but compaired to an upgraded Frankie...maybe not. Repairs and improvements aside.
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by LICobra; Jul 01, 2009 at 09:07 AM.