HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:15 AM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
544 Posts
The 1100Kv works great with the Trojan prop.

I use the 810Kv in my PZ Corsair with a 4 blade prop.
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:33 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
Mine goes 70-80mph and 4 rectangles of heavy duty clear 3M packing tape (instead of the provided tape) have worked perfectly...
+1 and that is what I now use on all the Parkzone planes. Here is a picture of what the Corsair looked like the day after the maiden flight. Good thing my pre-flight check caught it. The glue on the stock tape had completely let go after less than 24 hours, and an in-flight disaster was narrowly avoided. I didn't just slap that tape on there, but applied it carefully and pressed it down.

nageotte
To answer your question about the popularity of the P51 and if there was ever anything as popular...the answer is yes. One is the Radian (not Pro) and another is the Corsair.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:09 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbitten View Post
The 1100Kv works great with the Trojan prop.

I use the 810Kv in my PZ Corsair with a 4 blade prop.
Thanks to all that posted, with the great info

Think I am gonna get the 1100kv

cheers and Happy Landings!

Just Fly is offline Find More Posts by Just Fly
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:15 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster1000 View Post
Thanks for this important data. Do you have the data for using a 4 cell 2200? Thank
Buster....No data on 4S...I like to use a 10X9 4 blade prop and 4S would put the amp draw way over the motors capabilities.
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:57 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,373 Posts
What prop is that?
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:56 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
What prop is that?
It's an 11X9 apc 4 blade glo prop, that I cut the diameter down to 10". I cut it down to lessen the amp draw and raise the rpms a bit....

If I had to do it all over again, I would probably use the Durafly P-51 4 blade from hobbyking....it's the right size and looks so much better...just not as durable.
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:28 AM
Fanboy
Joined Apr 2006
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
I was awakened by the title of your post "My 2 cents", and was struck by this thought. Today is the day that Canada made the penny obsolete, and has told all businesses to round to the nearest nickel.

May I suggest a 9.5 x 7.5 prop more commonly known as a T28 prop. It is awesome with either the stock motor or the Power 10. The 9x6 pales in comparison.
Pennies mean nothing when using electronic payment.
hootowl is offline Find More Posts by hootowl
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:13 AM
Fly, be free! (splat)
United States, CA, Danville
Joined Jan 2008
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Do any of you guys own a Wildcat too? If so, how do the mustang and the Wildcat compare?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19000rpm View Post
The Mustang is a tad quicker and more maneuverable than the Wildcat if you added rudder. Rolls in particular are nicer with the P-51.

Both planes are great candidates for upgrades. I have power 10's in both model types. Flaps and retracts on one P-51.
+1. I've got both and I alternate between them. My mustang is souped up for speed and unlimited vertical while my Wildcat is stock except for a T28 prop and higher-C batteries. The mustang is fast an maneuverable while the wildcat is more relaxing and floaty on landing. Both are really well behaved have a gentle stall.
jdwolters is offline Find More Posts by jdwolters
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:34 PM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
It's an 11X9 apc 4 blade glo prop, that I cut the diameter down to 10". I cut it down to lessen the amp draw and raise the rpms a bit....

If I had to do it all over again, I would probably use the Durafly P-51 4 blade from hobbyking....it's the right size and looks so much better...just not as durable.
You can get the prop decals from Callie. They make that APC prop really acceptable. I have it.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:02 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
The Mustang is a tad quicker and more maneuverable than the Wildcat if you added rudder. Rolls in particular are nicer with the P-51.

Both planes are great candidates for upgrades. I have power 10's in both model types. Flaps and retracts on one P-51.

how did you do the retracts on your P51 ?
foamyflyerr is online now Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:36 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,373 Posts
Read the Gunfighter Mod forum.

This was my first one. Since then I use servoless retracts. Cheap Chinese ones that will fit better.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1091109&page=5

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...RUqa9EMvM&ns=1
Last edited by nageotte; Feb 19, 2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:46 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,373 Posts
Double post. I have to figure out out to delete these!!
Last edited by nageotte; Feb 19, 2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:07 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
how did you do the retracts on your P51 ?
I use the Eflite 10-15 retracts. I installed them right where the panel lines are for the retracts on the bottom of the wing. I cut the foam out for the retract mechanism to within 1/16" of the top surface to make them almost flush when retracted. I epoxied the inside with ply mounting pieces. On the top of the wing I place a plastic panel over the retract to reinforce the surface. The wheel cutouts are right about 2" and I use foam wheels off of the HZ Super Cub. The cutout of the wheels touch on the fiberglass wing spar. I added a CF spar in the wing.

I also added flaps and a Power 10. It's been repainted in a Korean war tribute scheme. I've enjoyed flying the plane since 2010.
19000rpm is online now Find More Posts by 19000rpm
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:18 AM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,781 Posts
Quote:
I use the Eflite 10-15 retracts. I installed them right where the panel lines are for the retracts on the bottom of the wing. I cut the foam out for the retract mechanism to within 1/16" of the top surface to make them almost flush when retracted. I epoxied the inside with ply mounting pieces. On the top of the wing I place a plastic panel over the retract to reinforce the surface. The wheel cutouts are right about 2" and I use foam wheels off of the HZ Super Cub. The cutout of the wheels touch on the fiberglass wing spar. I added a CF spar in the wing.

I also added flaps and a Power 10. It's been repainted in a Korean war tribute scheme. I've enjoyed flying the plane since 2010.
How does it fly with the added weight of those retracts? I want to put retracts on mine as well. I'm just worried about too much weight and it making the plane "fly heavy".
Hit N Run is offline Find More Posts by Hit N Run
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:03 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit N Run View Post
How does it fly with the added weight of those retracts? I want to put retracts on mine as well. I'm just worried about too much weight and it making the plane "fly heavy".
Actually, the added wing loading makes it fly more like a full size with a Power 10.

I highly recommend adding the flaps also since, being heavier, the model has a higher landing speed with out flaps. With flaps the plane will easily do 3 pointers with practice and a smidge of headwind.

Here's a link to the whole wing mod.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/a...51%203/001.jpg
19000rpm is online now Find More Posts by 19000rpm