ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:05 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles2 View Post
I cut all the clear platic out and just glued the frame down.I have 2 cockpits,one with a pilot and one with the camera.The photos are of "Passion Wagon"with the piloted cockpit.Its a parkflyer upgrade with a new pilots and a few extras i put in
Cutting the clear out of the PZ canopy is a pain as the plastic is very soft but gives a much better view with the camera.
You have some sharp looking Mustangs there!!

Ridgewalker
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:08 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Was up flying my Mustang "Passion Wagon"yesterday and did a battery with the cockpit cam on.Was flying patrol with my wingman with his Corsair.Good job hes on my side as i would have been claiming atleast one maybe two kills
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xlzFE_JTus
Great looking instrument panel and gun site biggles! It looks very real

Quote:
I cut all the clear platic out and just glued the frame down.I have 2 cockpits,one with a pilot and one with the camera.The photos are of "Passion Wagon"with the piloted cockpit.Its a parkflyer upgrade with a new pilots and a few extras i put in
Cutting the clear out of the PZ canopy is a pain as the plastic is very soft but gives a much better view with the camera.
Hey, that looks like my planned Moonbeam McSwine in the back How did you get such a smooth finish on Passion Wagon? That looks incredible! Did you glass it over or something?
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:39 PM
O'Fallon, Mo.
Joined Apr 2010
541 Posts
BluIIs uses a right-handed launch which is an underhanded toss, holding the fuselage just behind the canopy/hatch. I'm currently flying a GeForce 450 (35-36C 1100Kv), 30 Amp ESC, and Trogan 9.5*7.5 prop. I throttle up before the toss to about 60-75% and heave her upward at 30-45 above level. I find I'm less likely to induce a roll (left or right) with the underhanded toss. Without a roll, she's climbing away smartly while I get my thumbs on the sticks.
BluIIs is online now Find More Posts by BluIIs
Old Jul 26, 2011, 02:00 PM
Dark lord of the Sith
Joined Feb 2011
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
Great looking instrument panel and gun site biggles! It looks very real

Hey, that looks like my planned Moonbeam McSwine in the back How did you get such a smooth finish on Passion Wagon? That looks incredible! Did you glass it over or something?
Spent ages sanding Passion Wagon for a smoother finish.Sadly not long after that photo was taken Moonbeam McSwine had rudder failure on a high speed flyby and disintegrated at around 70mphWas an impressive crash though!
I love the Mustang it flies like it on rails and is a good solid plane.
Thanks for all your comment guys,its appreciated.
biggles2 is offline Find More Posts by biggles2
Old Jul 26, 2011, 05:01 PM
addicted rc'er
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Dec 2009
874 Posts
Hi Guys any advice on the following?
i have a hyperion hp-z3019-12 lying around and am wondering how it would go in the mustang? (with a 10x6 prop)
specs here - http://aircraft-world.com/prod_datas.../z3019spec.htm

im after more speed than my current set up stock motor, 40amp esc and t28 prop
acky is online now Find More Posts by acky
Old Jul 26, 2011, 05:36 PM
Fly, be free! (splat)
United States, CA, Danville
Joined Jan 2008
1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Where do you set the throttle at?

Ridgewalker
Stock: about 75%. Power 10: about 50%. I give it a pretty good shove and it goes fairly straight.
jdwolters is offline Find More Posts by jdwolters
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:43 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters View Post
Stock: about 75%. Power 10: about 50%. I give it a pretty good shove and it goes fairly straight.
Thanks.
It's all stock so i'll try 75% next time.

Ridgewalker
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:46 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Thanks.
It's all stock so i'll try 75% next time.

Ridgewalker
And don't toss down wind...I'm pretty experienced at hand launching all sorts of planes but the 2 times I've dorked this Mustang was from tossing downwind
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:10 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Spent ages sanding Passion Wagon for a smoother finish.Sadly not long after that photo was taken Moonbeam McSwine had rudder failure on a high speed flyby and disintegrated at around 70mphWas an impressive crash though!
I love the Mustang it flies like it on rails and is a good solid plane.
Thanks for all your comment guys,its appreciated.
Amazing on the sanding... Was there a sequential grit process, or did you just go at it with a single grit?

Bummer on the McSwine, but at least you flew it until the control surfaces flew off! She went down doing what you loved What was that set up or your current set up to fly +70 MPH?

Thanks!

Thinking about it some more and looking at my project thus far.... I think I'll finish my Moonbeam McSwine as is, and paint up the spare airframe as a scheme with D-Day Stripes! Yah, that's the plan, so nobody go talking me out of it
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:55 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Mann... I'll be surprized if these decals stay on the plane.. As I'm putting them on, they're lifting off and taking paint with them when I take the backing tape off. And I'm trying to be very gental and careful. I'm going to have to out line many of these decals with CA just to hold them down

I have no idea how the kill stickers are going to go on. I'm going to have to put them on one by one.. GRRRR!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:20 PM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,373 Posts
Did you read the instructions? You can put water with a bit of dish detergent in it on the plane first. This lets you slip slide the decals in place. It will also prevent them from lifting the paint. The down side is when doing a checkerboard or such the squares don't stay in place very well. Until the detergent drys.
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:54 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
Did you read the instructions? You can put water with a bit of dish detergent in it on the plane first. This lets you slip slide the decals in place. It will also prevent them from lifting the paint. The down side is when doing a checkerboard or such the squares don't stay in place very well. Until the detergent drys.
Yeah, I read that, however I didn't want to be messing with non sticking decals... The foam paint is fussy enough. That technique is more designed for glass smooth sufaces when the surface is really sticky and does not allow you to place the decal. This wasn't the problem here, rather the paint lifts of with the carrier tape. Even after I detacked it as much as I could. Rolling back the tape worked the best, but some decals just tended to lift anyway

Well, she's basically done, with the exception of I have to glue down the canopy, and tie in the blue in that area. I did not put on the red no step bars as they seemed a odd shape that did not quite fit...

I would n't be surprized if I'm having to repaint this plane again in a short time as the paint wears off
Last edited by ViperZ; Jul 26, 2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:01 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Here are some shots...

This will be my thumper plane
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:46 PM
352nd FGA
USA, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2006