SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 03, 2009, 10:16 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,341 Posts
Fitted 30 amp esc. My buddy did not and so far his has remained very cool with T-25 prop and 35C packs.

I am using 1300. 1800 and 2100 mAh with very good vertical - Straight up and almost out of sight on fresh packs.

Eric.
Eric Henderson is offline Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mental hang-nails
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2009, 10:20 PM
Birmingham, AL
Joined Mar 2009
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
I would suggest using an Eflite S60 or S75....or a Hitec HS-55. Any of these three will work great and add very little weight. The rudder servo you have would work but not be as weight efficient as the forementioned 3. I use nothing but those three in all my parkflyer applications cept the occassional Hobico HS-12 for a little extra grunt and speed. Or sometimes various metal gear micro servos. Eflite S75 is my favorite micro though.
I dropped a spare S75 in for my rudder mod. It works fine, but it's a much slower responding servo that the stock PZ servos installed in the plane.

Someday I will replace it with something faster, but right now I am not doing anything to warrant a better servo, so I'll just fly it and Njoy
Pheralcat is offline Find More Posts by Pheralcat
Old Jul 03, 2009, 10:22 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,341 Posts
Formation flying is a bit of a passion of mine lately. (See last edition of MA) A great day today flying with a Sea Fury, a Corsair and two PZ Mustangs.

Eric.
Eric Henderson is offline Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eric Henderson; Jul 04, 2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old Jul 03, 2009, 10:32 PM
Birmingham, AL
Joined Mar 2009
40 Posts
[QUOTE= Needs a lot of down when inverted but still stable. Looks great flying by low fast or slow. Simple to land.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this tonight too and though it was just me.

I have already moved all clevis' in from furthest hole (5th) on CS horns to in one (4th on control surface horn, not servo horn) for a little more snap. I am going to try the next hole in (3rd hole) for a little more elevator. Then maybe it will actually climb inverted. I dunno, we'll see tomorrow :P
Pheralcat is offline Find More Posts by Pheralcat
Last edited by Pheralcat; Jul 03, 2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jul 03, 2009, 10:39 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,124 Posts
Love the formation shots!! That's my favorite thing to do too!! Just hard to find guys who communicate what they're doing. You'll be right with em then they suddenly bank turn and ruin the whole formation. It's better if the guys flying stand together and the leader calls the moves, "gentle turn right, shallow climb, low pass and break for landing".

Anyway, here's some Gunfighter inspiration for ya'll:
http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/vi...231&issearch=1
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Jul 03, 2009, 11:09 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,479 Posts
[QUOTE=GiusedtoBe]Does this plane have the same ESC/ 27 Mhrz Rx single unit that the older PZ stuff has? I haven't seen it but they list an 18A brushless ESC on their parts list and the Rx/ESC brick is the same part number as the old stuff. Is this setup w/ the old electronic brick with a brushless ESC that plugs into it?

Thanks,
Alan[/QUOTE

Little help here?

Thanks,
Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Jul 03, 2009, 11:09 PM
NY Slope Dog
Syracuse, NY
Joined Sep 2003
813 Posts
Looks awesome Eric! Wish I lived closer to you guys to mix it up.

Dave sent you some pretty good pics of him, Jack Cooper and myself for your article.

Joe
Wind Junkie is offline Find More Posts by Wind Junkie
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2009, 01:32 AM
Indianapolis
Joined Aug 2004
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam
Love the formation shots!! That's my favorite thing to do too!! Just hard to find guys who communicate what they're doing. You'll be right with em then they suddenly bank turn and ruin the whole formation. It's better if the guys flying stand together and the leader calls the moves, "gentle turn right, shallow climb, low pass and break for landing".

The nose art is just as ugly on the fullscale lol.
Ping is offline Find More Posts by Ping
Old Jul 04, 2009, 07:39 AM
Going broke, dam this hobby
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
Just maidened my new stang this morning, ive been training on my 4 ch cessna 182 from parkzone so i was really shaky,
Wind was 12-15 mph if i was smart i would have waited for less wind but had to try her out, this was the first low wing plane ive ever flew.
Hand tossed her,she went toward the ground but i got her back up, she flew great , shes totaly stock ex i put in a 2.4 gh tx and rx , i did to rolls and 1 loop then i said that was enough for the maiden because it was to windy for me, she landed perfect.
The only question i got is why is this bird so nose heavy , i had every level but just wanted to nose down even when i trimed it in flight ?
Thanks for any input
ED
xlrDALLAS is offline Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
Old Jul 04, 2009, 08:05 AM
Electric since 1990
East Central Ohio, United States
Joined Jun 2004
3,735 Posts
Mine is on the nose heavy side too but it makes it very stable so I don't mind.
Foamaholic is offline Find More Posts by Foamaholic
Old Jul 04, 2009, 08:08 AM
Joined May 2009
103 Posts
I also have a spare corsair ESC can I put that in there as well so I can use the a 1800 or 2200 bat in the model?

thanks for all your help guys
sbeirs is offline Find More Posts by sbeirs
Old Jul 04, 2009, 08:28 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
USA, FL, Green Cove Springs
Joined Jul 2008
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeirs
I also have a spare corsair ESC can I put that in there as well so I can use the a 1800 or 2200 bat in the model?

thanks for all your help guys
You will have to do a bit of trimming to the fuse to get the bigger battery packs in there. Are you looking for longer flight times or higher performance?

Putting the Corsair ESC in is a piece of cake - they are visually identical. Well, except for the sticker on them.

The bigger battery is going to make her even more nose heavy, so watch out for that.
ugly john is offline Find More Posts by ugly john
Old Jul 04, 2009, 08:29 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
USA, FL, Green Cove Springs
Joined Jul 2008
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS
Just maidened my new stang this morning, ive been training on my 4 ch cessna 182 from parkzone so i was really shaky,
Wind was 12-15 mph if i was smart i would have waited for less wind but had to try her out, this was the first low wing plane ive ever flew.
Hand tossed her,she went toward the ground but i got her back up, she flew great , shes totaly stock ex i put in a 2.4 gh tx and rx , i did to rolls and 1 loop then i said that was enough for the maiden because it was to windy for me, she landed perfect.
The only question i got is why is this bird so nose heavy , i had every level but just wanted to nose down even when i trimed it in flight ?
Thanks for any input
ED

Glad to hear you got her down safe. That is pretty dang windy for a maiden! Nose heavy seems to be a common ailment.
ugly john is offline Find More Posts by ugly john
Old Jul 04, 2009, 08:43 AM
Western New York
Joined Dec 2007
1,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam

Great vid love the sound track too
eli5539 is offline Find More Posts by eli5539