HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:41 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Moonbeam...Thanks so much for going through the hassle to do that for me. It helps me a lot. Very much appreciated friend.

Soooo...obviously it is not the same as the Corsair/Trojan mount. At least not in it's basic shape. Do you happen to know if just the round part of the face where you actually bolt the motor to it is the same hole spacing and size of the Corsair/Trojan mount? Must be if it's got the same motor on it. Duh. Just trying to figure out my options for mounting an E-Flite park 480 to it. Earlier Nickbm3 suggested this mount/adapter P-51 mount for E-Flite Park 480 and I may just go with that. That one is a bit different than most mounts that I'm used to in that it's just a plate with some stand off's. Hey, if it works I have no problem with that, especially for only $13.00. Just want to shop for all my options before the Stang gets here and be ready. So I'm just seeing what all other folks have used. Thanks again.

Bryan
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:19 PM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
Mines holding up fine and im not even using the included aluminum standoffs, i had to ditch those and use some 1/8th inch nylon spacers (different spinner, had to move motor back). it is a bit tricky though, youll need some super thin needlenose pliers to get the nuts on between the plate and motor though, or if you have a tap set, tap the holes in the plate for a slightly larger bolt and just ditch the nuts.
Nickbm3 is offline Find More Posts by Nickbm3
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:45 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Sounds good. Thanks Nick. Oh ya, before I forget...what tail wheel set are folks using? Brand, size, part# would be great. Thanks
Last edited by Olias; Aug 28, 2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 07:04 AM
Joined Aug 2009
10 Posts
Retracts

Hey! Anyone fitted retracts on the gunfighter? Pics? What parts did you use?
Ron69 is offline Find More Posts by Ron69
Old Aug 28, 2009, 08:10 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron69
Hey! Anyone fitted retracts on the gunfighter? Pics? What parts did you use?

Search my postings and go to The Gunfighter mod forum.
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:41 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,212 Posts
My good friend Joe Noah (Founder of the Preddy Memorial Foundation, and nephew to Maj. George Preddy, TOP Mustang ACE), sent this AWESOME video I thought you guys might like:
http://www.flyingmachinestv.co.uk/horsemenatlegends.wmv
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Aug 28, 2009, 02:49 PM
Soon to be CrashMasterPhil
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
754 Posts
OK, my second P-51D from a Air Frame kit only got a different paint scheme and a 2200mah pack mod. Stock motor and Turnigy Plush 25a ESC. HXT900 servo in the wings and a Spektrum for the elevator (future Rudder Also), AR6100 RX. Kept the stock prop for the Howling effect in a dive. Kit, Motor Mount and Motor $120, had all the other parts on hand. I'm also running a Mix from Aileron to Gear so I could individual sub trim on the ailerons and not need a "Y" cable. Used 6" Extension on ailerons. I used low temp hot melt to glue down all the servo's, battery holder and receiver.
divemasterphil is offline Find More Posts by divemasterphil
Last edited by divemasterphil; Aug 28, 2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 03:03 PM
Western New York
Joined Mar 2009
92 Posts
I HATE how PZ couldn't manage to come up with some Gray Tape for the wings in the Air Frame kit!! I looked all over for something and ended up using Duct-Tape instead of that white decal. It looks a little better anyway (IMO)- at least it's Gray
AirDale is offline Find More Posts by AirDale
Old Aug 28, 2009, 04:19 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,744 Posts
Here are a few shots of Mike Simi's custom painted P51, maidened this morning.

I gave her the first toss and the smiling gent holding it in the photo is Frank, also the lucky maiden pilot!

It flew great!
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best in the West 2014
Old Aug 28, 2009, 06:49 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous! Yours to divemasterphil. Looks like a Reno Racer Stang! Great job guys...I'm jealous.

B
Old Aug 28, 2009, 06:52 PM
Danville, CA.
Joined Feb 2006
106 Posts
HOLY SH!!*&^$!T Folks
Those pictures were from only two hours ago!! That JB really gets it done!
Thanks to Frank for the maiden. With all stock config. it was WAY outta' elevator trim. Gotta get some adjusting done.
Thanks Jon for bringing the lens.
mike simi is offline Find More Posts by mike simi
Old Aug 28, 2009, 06:53 PM
Brandon
Meridian, Idaho
Joined Dec 2006
494 Posts
Those are some good looking planes guys, this plane just looks so good in the air!
hoverflyhehe is online now Find More Posts by hoverflyhehe
Old Aug 28, 2009, 07:11 PM
Northern Virginia
Joined Mar 2009
9 Posts
I just picked up mine tonight! I asked for a spare prop and when I got home it looks like the prop is for the older parkzone P-51. Is this prop too large for the stock ESC on the BL model?
NOVAflyer is offline Find More Posts by NOVAflyer
Old Aug 28, 2009, 07:35 PM
Danville, CA.
Joined Feb 2006
106 Posts
BTW, Did anyone notice in the aerial photos the "warp" between the fuse and the canopy/hatch? Happened when the hatch was left in the sun waiting for the paint to dry. I'm guessing that heating it up again will bring it back to straight? Anyone?
mike simi is offline Find More Posts by mike simi
Old Aug 28, 2009, 08:50 PM
Western New York
Joined Mar 2009
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAflyer
I just picked up mine tonight! I asked for a spare prop and when I got home it looks like the prop is for the older parkzone P-51. Is this prop too large for the stock ESC on the BL model?
I'm not sure about it being too much prop but, I think you'd have to do some SERIOUS reaming to get it to fit on the stock P-51D BL collet.
AirDale is offline Find More Posts by AirDale