HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:21 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,654 Posts
I have an airframe on the way, graphics from Callie ordered, thinking about adding Sparkyks canopy mod and I plan on joining this party by going with a 4S power system in mine.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:21 AM
Soon to be CrashMasterPhil
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
730 Posts
I could not tell if the aileron were doing that, the Radio and ESC went with the nose of the plane and the wing went it own way and servo became unpluged.

Should I trust this RX to another flight?
divemasterphil is online now Find More Posts by divemasterphil
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:23 AM
Brandon
Meridian, Idaho
Joined Dec 2006
491 Posts
I would test, test, test it to make sure. What TX are you using?
hoverflyhehe is offline Find More Posts by hoverflyhehe
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:24 AM
Brandon
Meridian, Idaho
Joined Dec 2006
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR
I have an airframe on the way, graphics from Callie ordered, thinking about adding Sparkyks canopy mod and I plan on joining this party by going with a 4S power system in mine.
Awesome, should rip on 4S! The sparks canopy is a must... and for only $10 you can't beat it!
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:26 AM
Soon to be CrashMasterPhil
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverflyhehe
I would test, test, test it to make sure. What TX are you using?
Post Recall DX6i
divemasterphil is online now Find More Posts by divemasterphil
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:29 AM
Brandon
Meridian, Idaho
Joined Dec 2006
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by divemasterphil
Post Recall DX6i
Same here, I would wire everything up and check it multiple times via power cycling and rebinding. That is the only way I could get mine to reproduce the errors.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:44 AM
Danville, CA.
Joined Feb 2006
106 Posts
OK, Been through 103 pages of this thread. Finally decided to stick my nose in.
A recurring theme seems to be novice electric pilots jumping into warbirds. And questions about abilities and costs... Well for a twist here is "my" story.
I was a hard core nitro guy that discovered "leccies". Done it all (pretty much), BIG $2,000 twins, 60 and 90 size heli's, turbines. I even co-founded an AMA flying site. Really got deep into it. Couldn't stand the thought of a "plastic", noiseless, non-smelly toy. Then I bought a PKZ Corsair! Are you kiddin' me??!! How could anyone not like what Redman and the troops at Horizon have produced? And at what cost? A couple o' hundred bucks and yer' flying. And flying. And flying...
I now have added a Trojan, "Gunfighter" (Re-done from scratch as a Bluenoser), a Pitts 12, a Mini Pulse, and finishing a H9 B-25 electric convert (not cheap, but that's another story).
For all those that have doubts about learning to fly the Mustang, Corsair, T-28, etc. Just do it. Fly em', fix em', fly em' again. You can't find a more enjoyable, inexpensive way to be an RC flyer. I'm hooked!
Rambling now complete, Thanks.
mike simi is offline Find More Posts by mike simi
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:20 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,654 Posts
Hey there Mike! Jon here ... We chatted at Skypark a Few Fridays ago. (I was the one flying the big Reactor bipe)

Cool to see you checking in here. So are you adding a P51 to your already impressive fleet then?!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:38 AM
Danville, CA.
Joined Feb 2006
106 Posts
Hey Jon,
Didn't know that was you. Yep. Added the P-51 but stripped it down and re-did it as "EX-LAX Shht n' Git" blue nose right outta' the box.
Everyone, Jon is the antithesis of my claim that electrics are inexpensive. That Reactor Bipe didn't come cheap!!
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:45 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,654 Posts
Can't wait to see that P51 Mike. You didn't have it with you that day, right?

I will be redoing mine right outta the box as well. Callies decals are REALLY nice!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2009, 01:01 PM
Danville, CA.
Joined Feb 2006
106 Posts
Just got the "gunfighter" Saturday. Will get Callie's nose art soon.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 01:26 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2007
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by divemasterphil
Crashed my P-51D
Any Ideas?
I was thinking it the receiver and I might change it out for an AR6100.
I assume You got 2,4Ghz so my experience with FM (35Mhz) may not
count but it is usually something with the antennas most likely a bad
connection some where..

But of cause it might be something entirely different.

H.
FLOEY is offline Find More Posts by FLOEY
Old Aug 26, 2009, 02:00 PM
More jets than a carburetor
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,809 Posts
Does anyone know the exact specs of the stock motor? I know its something like 960KV there is some confusion?:

I have an e-flite park 480 motor, and it runs on 3s with a 12X6 prop and it totally hauls. This motor is running a 9x6 prop... Its also a lot bigger and heavier. The e-flite motor is like 1020KV.

Will it handle a 12X6 like the e-flite motor? My extra 260 is much faster than the mustang and its embarrasing!
skydve76 is offline Find More Posts by skydve76
Old Aug 26, 2009, 05:08 PM
Joined May 2009
103 Posts
So I tried replacing my motor shaft today, and the problem is apparently with the motor, because it sounds no different than before and is much louder than my corsair motor still. I will be looking for a replacement one are there any motors out there that will fit the stock motor mount that will give increased power?
sbeirs is offline Find More Posts by sbeirs
Old Aug 26, 2009, 05:26 PM
Where's the rewind button?!
San Jose, CA (Silicon Valley)
Joined Jul 2009
25 Posts
Thanks Guys!

Thanks Guys for all the help and reccomendations, I think I will add ailerons to my Cub and then transition to the Mustang. I'll soon hopefully have my hands on a TX only DX5E and buy the bind "n" fly version of the Mustang. I'll be back after I'm finished with ailerons.

Once again Thanks!!

-Bragatheesh
firstimeflyyer is offline Find More Posts by firstimeflyyer