HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:32 AM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
3,957 Posts
YES!! Still building up the nerves for an inverted low pass.

Knife Edge is what I'm working on now, but I think I need more rudder throw. Anybody here getting good KE's? And what is the amount of deflection you're getting? Mine just kinda started dropping once in a knife edge. Of course now that I think about it, I was using a Dualsky 2200map 25C which isn't the lightest of batteries. Maybe the weight caused the drop.
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:52 AM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
LOL early-on i accidentally hovered my trojan. hand launched it too steep, but luckily after a scary 2 seconds i pulled out of it. Knife edge the mustang? Geez im a long way off from that!
Nickbm3 is offline Find More Posts by Nickbm3
Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:26 AM
Where's the rewind button?!
San Jose, CA (Silicon Valley)
Joined Jul 2009
25 Posts
Hi

Hi guys, I'm new to the Parkzone Mustang and was wondering if this is a good second plane after the Hobbyzone Super Cub? Another thing I wanted to know is, is this plane fixable with just hot glue?

Thanks and sorry for interrupting your ongoing discussion.

-Bragatheesh
firstimeflyyer is offline Find More Posts by firstimeflyyer
Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:48 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstimeflyyer
Hi guys, I'm new to the Parkzone Mustang and was wondering if this is a good second plane after the Hobbyzone Super Cub? Another thing I wanted to know is, is this plane fixable with just hot glue?

-Bragatheesh
I think the best thing to do if the CUB was your first RC plane ever is add ailerons to the cub get comfortable with that and then move to the Stang. The Trojan and Corsair are a little more forgiving IMO though.
No such thing as interupting in a Parkzone forum. Welcome to the fleet.
You can use hotglue, but depending on the melt temp you may distort the foam. Not the best choice but will work.
CA with an activator or "kicker" is better
Epoxy works too.
Gorilla Glue works but expect it to expand.
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GWS Formosa 2
Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:25 AM
Western New York
Joined Mar 2009
92 Posts
I think the best thing to do if the CUB was your first RC plane ever is add ailerons to the cub get comfortable with that

I agree 100% with that! I bought the SC flew it until I felt comfortable (bored) with it then added ailerons, brushless motor and straightened the wing. I STILL love my SC and take it out every time I go to the field. The Mustang was my 2nd plane because, at over $180.00 a crack, I didn't have the money to keep buying more planes. It is a VERY repairable plane. I have 1 fuselage (my "practice" plane)that has been cracked in two at least 5 times and it still flies straight and true (although, I should probably get a beefier motor with all the extra epoxy weight) After the 4th repair on it I went and bought the Airframe
AirDale is offline Find More Posts by AirDale
Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:00 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
So far hot glue is holding up better than anything I have tried so far!!!! Its holding the fuse together right now. I broke it into 3 peices!!!! My brother broke his wing atleast7 or 8 times and it was all becktogether with hot glue. It stronger than the foam and just as flexable, Oh and dont let me forget its cheap and very easy to obtain
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:41 AM
Joined May 2009
103 Posts
Quote:

-Bragatheesh
I went to the pz corsair as my second plane after the SC with the mustang being my 3rd plane I did not think it was a big transition to the corsair from the SC, but I made sure I was comfortable with the SC first
sbeirs is offline Find More Posts by sbeirs
Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:01 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
My brother flew the supercub for 2 days then bought the corsair and can fly the crap out of it. I couldnt belive he was flying a 4 channal warbird on his 3rd attempt at flying and did very well. 4 months later he is now beating me in dog fighting. He is also learning 3d too. He is a natural. Not a biggy to go from a supercub to a PZ warbird like the mustang,corsair,or trojan. All tyou need to know is HOW ailerons affect the plane as it rolls it instead of the rudder turning it like the SC does. Once you have that your good to go. These plane have no bad tendancies
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:25 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,048 Posts
Quote:

-Bragatheesh
I believe it is. Start out with low rates, belly land it whereever it's safe in the field.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:46 AM
Park Flyer
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
636 Posts
Use the low temp hot melt found here:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKT89&P=ML

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=WOOST1445

Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
So far hot glue is holding up better than anything I have tried so far!!!! Its holding the fuse together right now. I broke it into 3 peices!!!! My brother broke his wing atleast7 or 8 times and it was all becktogether with hot glue. It stronger than the foam and just as flexable, Oh and dont let me forget its cheap and very easy to obtain
divemasterphil is online now Find More Posts by divemasterphil
Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:48 AM
Park Flyer
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
636 Posts
Anyone know what the white glue is that they use on the planes servo's?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:53 AM
Park Flyer
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
636 Posts
Crashed my P-51D last night. It was about a 50 yards out and stopped responding. When I got to the crash cite the receiver was making a beeping sound and not responding to command from TX. Motor and ESC and receiver tested out fine on the work bench later last night.

Any Ideas? I was thinking it the receiver and I might change it out for an AR6100.

Lots of damage but I have already glued it back together. Now I'm waiting a cowling cover and spinner.

Note: This plane went in nose first about 40-50 feet up and the T-28D prop survived. Hit so hard the Pilot broke free of the seat, fuselage broke off at the wing. Cowling and Spinner were in 30 pieces. Nice Prop
Last edited by divemasterphil; Aug 26, 2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:00 AM
Brandon
Meridian, Idaho
Joined Dec 2006
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by divemasterphil
Anyone know what the white glue is that they use on the planes servo's?
White silicone.

Quote:
Crashed my P-51D last night. It was about a 50 yards out and stopped responding. When I got to the crash cite the receiver was making a beeping sound and not responding to command from TX. Motor and ESC and reciever tested out fine on the work bench later last night.

Any Ideas? I was thinking it the receiver and I might change it out for a AR6100.

Lots of damage but I have already glued it back together. Now I'm waiting a crowling cover and spinner.
Some guys have had problems with the RX loosing bind, did it do this... (crappy cell phone vid)

hoverflyhehe is offline Find More Posts by hoverflyhehe
Last edited by hoverflyhehe; Aug 26, 2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:02 AM
Park Flyer
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
636 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoverflyhehe
White silicone.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:09 AM
Brandon
Meridian, Idaho
Joined Dec 2006
491 Posts
Quote:
Thanks
No problem, I used silicone (Permatex Ultra Black) when I built my second gunfighter. Check your RX, mine would loose bind and flash and beep at me then it progressed to the aileron freak out mode. If it turns out being the RX get a hold of Horizon support ASAP and they will take care of you.

EDIT: Sorry to hear about your crash!
hoverflyhehe is offline Find More Posts by hoverflyhehe
Last edited by hoverflyhehe; Aug 26, 2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: added stuff