Originally Posted by anti-gravity
im not sure, i got that with the controller, maybe somone eles would know
Driggs is offline Find More Posts by Driggs
Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:05 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,408 Posts
I have real flight G4 and clearview flight sims. The sims are good to get orentation and learn how to fly but so far I have not been happy b/c the planes on the sims dont fly like real rc planes. Its somewhat close but not true to life by no means. There isnt even any torque rolling to counter react when hovering or nothing????? If you are new at flying they are a great tool but for me to practice my 3d flying they are a bit disappointing. The planes dont stall right, they are very snappy, the rudder inputs dont do what it does to a plane in real life and so on. Sorry for the rant but after spanding the money on the sims I dont get much use out of them. I am going to teach my som with it though.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:57 PM
Registered "e" Flyer
Monterey Park, CA
Joined Dec 2007
496 Posts
Hey guys, Ive decided to put mine up for sale to purchase a new kit.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1101161

Here a few pics.
CGReload is offline Find More Posts by CGReload
Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:16 PM
Western New York
Joined Mar 2009
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEWorm
Thank you. With the spinner can you toss away the stock base as well?
Yep
AirDale is online now Find More Posts by AirDale
Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:40 PM
Joined Apr 2009
268 Posts
Public Thank You!!!

A few months back I bought one of the first P-51BL's. On one of the first few flights with my new plane it went dead stick hitting the ground. For the most part it was destroyed. After my own testing I determined that the likely problem was a faulty AR500 receiver.

I sent the receiver to Horizon and after some testing of their own they did in fact verify a faulty receiver. Today, when I got home, what did I find?

A brand new receiver and replacement frame courtesy of Horizon.

I would like to publicly thank Matt, Nathan, Jeff and Daniel of Horizon. The never once tired of answering my emails, were always professional and courteous and always treated my concern as if it was of great importance.

I recently got back into flying planes and Horizon's excellent customer service has made me feel very lucky indeed to be back at it.

I now own six Parkzone planes and as soon as the E-flite P-40 is out it will be seven!

THANKS HORIZON!!!!!!!!
jake48 is offline Find More Posts by jake48
Last edited by jake48; Aug 25, 2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:00 PM
In the 20' glider range
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jul 2009
4,503 Posts
i think of them the same as you jake48
i havent had anything fail (yet) but they are just so nice!
anti-gravity is offline Find More Posts by anti-gravity
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:03 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-gravity
i know someone has already posted this but
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ3680
would you guys recommend this as a aileron trainer?
I wouldn't. I pretty new to and I have a new Sukhoi. The problem with the P51 micro is it's a micro. Its small, looks decent fast and the tendency is to fly it close to the ground...remember its small. Close to the ground is no place while learning. I had a Phase 3 spitfire(mini) that was a handfull. The sukhio is a handfull however on low rates its not to bad. But on low rates its not the same plane. IE when I roll it inverted on low rates(when I forget to hit the switch), I FREAK, it takes forever. On high rates its done in a blink. T-28 was my first 4 channel and it was nice, little fast on that landing. I think the P-51bl is as good or maybe even better. No gear IMO is a good thing for a beginner. You can land it anywhere in a grass field, high grass or low cut. And we all know landing and hitting the "runway" can be a challange.

I learned orientation on a $15 E-sky sim. Then went to a plane. Most of my crashes in the beginning were trying to be cool and fly inverted. NEver pull up...close to the ground.

Good Luck!
Rob
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:12 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
Was that on a full charge for each battery? I got alot more power than you 100% stock and you see what I got with the 1350s. Wonder why I am putting out so much more power

EDIT: forgot to ask what does the map stand for?
Yes, it was full charge. The numbers are really pretty useless until I can get them right after a 3 minute flight.

MAP stands for milliamp. (spell?)

Nickbm3,
I totally agree then if you're talking about tighter small fields. Makes since. I personally like bigger fields so I can get those nice full throttle, 1 foot alt passes.
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:13 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake48
Sky - I have three P-51bl's and two Corsairs. All in different battery motor configurations. I have read all of the posts on RCGroups regarding the P-51BL and the Corsair. Well over a thousand pages. It is safe to say that you are not alone in belivieving the Corsair is easier to fly and if the criteria was how quickly the plane slows down, the Corsiar would win, hands down - however...

My take is that I give the P-51 a nudge when it comes to determining which plane is easier to fly. The reason being is that thier are many factors. Easier to me means less stress and less stress means less crashes.

Many people have tried to explain this in their posts, so here is my version:

The floaty nature of the Corsair actually makes it harder to fly than the some what speedier flight of the P-51. On an absolute perfect, calm day, I might be tempted to call the planes even, but factor in the slightest wind and the P-51 wins hands down.

The floaty nature of the Corsair makes it prone to bouncing around a lot or side slipping and drifting in the wind. No problem in a very experienced fliers hands with his TX dialed in perfect, but put the plane on a stock DX5e with someone that has little experience and the constant moving around the plane does is hard to manage and very stressfull to fly.

On the other hand, the P-51BL flys like it is on rails. Throw in a little wind and no worries, still flies like it is on rails. Do a low pass 15 ft off the ground and it holds. Line up the runway and it holds a straight line. Throw a snap roll and it comes out straight as an arrow Try to do those things with the Corsair (especially at slow speeds) and you better be on top of those sticks. The Corsair is constantly moving and jumping around.

Additionally, I am not saying the P-51 won't fly slow. If you stay with the stock set up, it won't float like the Corsair, but it comes darn close.

My solution: GET BOTH!
I TOTALLY agree. I think the P51 flys better slower then my 3 T-28's. My only better slow flyer is a Mini Pulse Xt. And it does slow inverted or right side up. My P-51 also seems to fly on rails to, even slow. I actually like slow fly-bys just to look at it! The only 2 bad habits with my P-51 is inverted flight, It flys ok straight(it is nose heavy at 2.5" cg, I have mine at 3" from the LE). But turning it wants to fall out. The other is if I chop the power with neutral controls, it tends to go into a shallow dive. Both not a big problem because I keep my P-51 to mostly scale flying. HAven't even made the rudder change(servo is installed), and I might NOT ever make that mod. And as I posted a while back, last week we flew in confirmed 18+ winds with gusts of 24. The P-51 flew VERY well, I was impressed. My lighter balsa planes stayed in the car!
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:17 PM
352nd FG Association
Joined Mar 2004
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake48
A few months back I bought one of the first P-51BL's. On one of the first few flights with my new plane went dead stick hitting the ground. For the most part it was destroyed. After my own testing I determined that the likely problem was a faulty AR500 receiver.

I sent the receiver to Horizon and after some testing of their own they did in fact verify a faulty receiver. Today, when I got home, what did I find?

A brand new receiver and replacement frame courtesy of Horizon.

I would like to publicly thank Matt, Nathan, Jeff and Daniel of Horizon. The never once tired of answering my emails, were always professional and courteous and always treated my concern as if it was of great importance.

I recently got back into flying planes and Horizon's excellent customer service has made me feel very lucky indeed to be back at it.

I now own six Parkzone planes and as soon as the E-flite P-40 is out it will be seven!

THANKS HORIZON!!!!!!!!
Ditto on the awesome customer service. A story I don't think I shared, was with the old P-51. I wrecked the first two because the battery charger (that comes with the plane), said it was done. It wasn't. The plane crashed on launch.... both of them. Horizon replaced them after I found the needed info online in a forum. Charge til the batt is warm! Now I use lipos. I sent one back on a Monday, they got it on Wednesday, and my new one arrived that Friday!!! All in the same week!!! Now THAT's customer service. I've been a HUGE fan & supporter of Horizon every since. AND, they are the nicest people you'll ever meet at SEFF. They are a role model for all companies in my honest opinion. (I coulda just said IMHO..... couldn't I? ).
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:26 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGReload
Hey guys, Ive decided to put mine up for sale to purchase a new kit.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1101161

Here a few pics.

Are you selling this P-51 to get another P-51 (kit)??
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:32 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam
Ditto on the awesome customer service. A story I don't think I shared, was with the old P-51. I wrecked the first two because the battery charger (that comes with the plane), said it was done. It wasn't. The plane crashed on launch.... both of them. Horizon replaced them after I found the needed info online in a forum. Charge til the batt is warm! Now I use lipos. I sent one back on a Monday, they got it on Wednesday, and my new one arrived that Friday!!! All in the same week!!! Now THAT's customer service. I've been a HUGE fan & supporter of Horizon every since. AND, they are the nicest people you'll ever meet at SEFF. They are a role model for all companies in my honest opinion. (I coulda just said IMHO..... couldn't I? ).
I forgot to add my recent and first HH problem(besides the DX6i recall). Bought an AR500, didn't work right out of the box. Tried to take it back to LHS but was 15 minutes late. Call HH the next day, guy said instead of a warranty thing I'll send you out a new one today. Didn't ask for the old one but I offered to mail it for them to check. Cost me 2 bucks, big deal.

Interesting thing is I asked what would the LHS have said. He chuckled and said they would probably give them his phone number. So yeah, support your LHS, but if you need service...call HH. Think I'll just order it next time from HH.

Also asked him about the AR6100 and the range. He stated that the AR6100 was designed for a helo, but had tested its range in flight and found it to be fine on planes. I have one I'm afraid to use! Got it with the DX6i repair.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:53 PM
352nd FG Association
Joined Mar 2004
4,093 Posts
I use an AR6100 in my Slow Stick, and always fly VERY high and far without any problems. Have had that Rx for 1 1/2 years now. Go for it. All my birds have AR6100s except for my new Mustang.

If you don't wanna use it, sell it to me!!!! PM me. I'll buy it!!
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:17 AM
Joined Jun 2009
252 Posts
Moonbeam-
I usually do go for the larger fields, which around here are multiple soccer field/football field areas... aaaand since the weather is now below 100 everyone is out playing soccer or football! So i pretty much roll with what i find available now, lol. But yah nothin beats a full speed run across an entire field at a few feet! Someday, itll be inverted passes!
Nickbm3 is offline Find More Posts by Nickbm3