HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by kobkobico, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:59 PM
Lucid Dreamer
USA, CA, Temecula
Joined Jul 2005
646 Posts
Discussion
More of my first scratchbuild/kit

I really like this plane for the obvious reason that I made it. I got another video of it, in which my little brother played camera man. Yep, that's him narrating the scene! I found my plane actually has a lot more power I initially realized. If I try to go vertical, it slowly tail slides and the torque rolls it, but I am unable to recover. Since I was coming in for close flybys for better shots (we only got one and it was a little far), and the park was small, I pushed the plane to the limit in some turns and gave too much elevator, which is basically how I found out how difficult it is to get out of the vertical hover. This led to a couple crashes and minor repairs, but it's a tough bird and was mostly unharmed. I really enjoy flying it; being the not perfect builder I am it has a couple kinks (nothing major), but in my mind it gives the plane a bit of personality, like the unique "feel" of a car. Feedback appreciated.

Plane Flight II (1 min 10 sec)
kobkobico is offline Find More Posts by kobkobico
Last edited by kobkobico; Jun 25, 2009 at 09:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts