HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:48 PM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
Discussion
TL-2000 from Sapac

Anyone have one of these? Bought mine from Luke's RC Planes. Luke is a member of our club. He had sold a number of these from when he was down at
Joe Nall I think.
Anywhoo....The foam is smooth and shiny. They give you glue for assembly but I never trust glue from manufacturer. I used epoxy to join wings and horizontal stab. Then reinforced the joint on the bottom via fiber filament tape.
Okay, I was somewhat skeptical about a 119 dollar plane that included 25 amp speeder, 10C 1200 mah 3S lipo, lipo charger, 4 servos...everything but your rx.
Ran this with the included power setup and 3 blade 8x6 prop. But, the stinkin thing flew great!!!! Even on 1/2 throttle, it cruised around pretty good.
I did do away with the landing gear, the wheels were too small to fly off of grass field. Put on 2 inch foam wheels. Also included is a set of foam floats to fly off of a pond or even snow!
Other mod I'm gonna do is to put magnets on cowl. This I hope beats the heck out of using masking tape to hold cowl on.

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2009, 08:15 PM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
An update to this plane. I added a pair of round magnets to the cowl. Flew the plane today. Cowl stayed on!!! I also added a piece of velcro to the front and back of the canopy. And it stays on. The magnets on the canopy aren't that strong.
The 3 blade 8x6 prop pulls 14.5 amps full throttle with the included 10C 3S 1200 lipo. If you fly the model full, the battery will become toast. I got a couple of 20C 1200 packs for it. These batts are barely warm coming off the plane.
Love the plane on how it flies. It seems to lose a bit of altitude on banked turns but that may be due the wing shape. The leading edge of the wings from the far left to the far right aren't straight in that it looks forward swept a little.
Not sure if the real aircraft is like this or not. I believe the model is patterned from an Australian experimental aircraft.

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit
Old Jul 06, 2009, 01:14 AM
Sarawak, Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
7 Posts
Yup... a beautiful plane indeed. Wish all SAPAC ep products using the same epp foam. My setup powered with Flightmax 2200mah 25C lipo, SuperSimple 30A ESC, APEX 1500Kv Outrunner BL, Bluebird 7x6 prop I got 15mins flight duration...
jantz369 is offline Find More Posts by jantz369