SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:50 AM
simi valley ca
Joined May 2009
39 Posts
Whoops!
big mistake

hey pete i purchased the arttech yak 54 from you and the plane is so under powered that it will barely take off .ive checked the battery and have even tryed different battery same affect .now i talked to one of your online girls yesterday and she told that she has never heard of this before so she cant help what kind of customer service is that now ive seen all the bad reviews on your company on theese sites ,but i decided to give you a chance i hope i didnt make a mistake
redwoodace is offline Find More Posts by redwoodace
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:02 AM
simi valley ca
Joined May 2009
39 Posts
pete its me again the whole reason why i purchased the yak from you is that your flight review was what impressed me on how the plane flew well this one you sold me wont even pull vertical
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:14 AM
Registered "e" Flyer
Monterey Park, CA
Joined Dec 2007
496 Posts
Well we wait maybe some of us can help.

Have you fully charged and not over charged the LiPo Batteries?

Was the other battery you tryed in the same class as the 1300mah 11.1 Volt Li-Po Battery Pack they supplied to you?

Does the 950Kv Motor run continuesly or does it die out rather quickly?

Have you adjusted the throtle trim on your Transmitter to a lower setting?
CGReload is offline Find More Posts by CGReload
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:19 AM
simi valley ca
Joined May 2009
39 Posts
yes i fully charged the battery with the supplied charger and the other battery was also a 1300 mah the 950kv motor doesnt cut out it just doesnt have the power im using the supplied 2.4 tx that came withit it
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:52 AM
Registered "e" Flyer
Monterey Park, CA
Joined Dec 2007
496 Posts
So your throttle trim is not at its lowest position right? And you havenít switched the trim buttons for the simulation correct?

My only guess is that its either a faulty motor or speed controller that may have been programmed incorrectly or just plain broke.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 03:12 PM
simi valley ca
Joined May 2009
39 Posts
thats what i was thinking that to im just waiting to see what pete says
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:28 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
CGreload thanks for the help. My associate told me yesterday about your situation and I was sitting just to her left. You told her you flew the Yak54 for ONE flight until the Yak ran out of power and started to drop altitude. After that flight, the Yak has then lost power and would not lift. This is exactly what my associate asked you and you replied to her. I really appreciate you and your support for our company, however, my associate said specifically you can NOT fly a Lipo powered aircraft to the point the propeller stops turning. The manufacturer of this Yak54 is Art Tech and thousands of them have been sold from different retailers with the exact same power plant and lipo. I am doing the best I can to help you, however, the Lipo being OVER discharged is the reason why the Yak will have enough power to fly again. I bend over backwards to help all my customers, but I have about had it to see threads titled like this one when we here did nothing wrong. Over discharging the lipo on your first flight is the cause of this. Not faulty equipment. There are other ways to contact me IE this board. I just don't think it is at all fair to title them with such disrespect for a company. PM your order number and I will ship you a BRAND NEW LIPO.

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:06 PM
Registered "e" Flyer
Monterey Park, CA
Joined Dec 2007
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
CGreload thanks for the help. My associate told me yesterday about your situation and I was sitting just to her left. You told her you flew the Yak54 for ONE flight until the Yak ran out of power and started to drop altitude. After that flight, the Yak has then lost power and would not lift. This is exactly what my associate asked you and you replied to her. I really appreciate you and your support for our company, however, my associate said specifically you can NOT fly a Lipo powered aircraft to the point the propeller stops turning. The manufacturer of this Yak54 is Art Tech and thousands of them have been sold from different retailers with the exact same power plant and lipo. I am doing the best I can to help you, however, the Lipo being OVER discharged is the reason why the Yak will have enough power to fly again. I bend over backwards to help all my customers, but I have about had it to see threads titled like this one when we here did nothing wrong. Over discharging the lipo on your first flight is the cause of this. Not faulty equipment. There are other ways to contact me IE this board. I just don't think it is at all fair to title them with such disrespect for a company. PM your order number and I will ship you a BRAND NEW LIPO.

Pete
Ouch! Good to hear the truth and cause of this.

Redwoodace, you definitely do not want to fly any type of RC airplane till it cant fly or function anymore. To be honest with you, your really lucky you have your plane in one piece still.

Good luck next time and remember to time your flights or youíll be running into the same problem.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:43 PM
simi valley ca
Joined May 2009
39 Posts
hey pete i didn't fly it to the point that the battery went dead the plane didn't have enough power from the gate so i landed it in fear of crashing it because there was not enough power look pete i'm trying to tell you i am not a rookie i know that you cannot fly to the point that you lipo dies this isn't my first electric plane i own four. so either i misunderstood the question or she misunderstood my answer and i never said i flew till it ran out of power i said it didnt have any power to begin with, look pete i really appreciate you replying back to me and offering me a new lipo if that was the problem i would take your battery but that not the probolem. let me explain one more time what happened i got the plane via ups took it out of the box put the battery on the charger and put the plane together ,battery fully charged headed off to the field got to the field put battery in everything initialized ,all control surfaces working properly, i powered up to take off and the plane got off the gound very slow i tried to gain alltitude it wouldn't it was acting like it was going to stall so i banked it and brought it in yes i checked the cg and this all happened with full throttle on
Last edited by redwoodace; Jun 24, 2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 05:41 AM
Fight or Flight
Joined Apr 2006
421 Posts
Really, embarrassed you should be!

Sheesh Pete, just help him out for (wait forit) petes sake! Regardless wheather he flew it till the battery discharged or not, the ESC should have a low voltage cutoff that protects the lipo from over discharge. The batteries supplyed are of questionable quality and the electronics are shite, I was given one here in AUS by the importer who refused to get them in after the sample. Mate these things are cheap as chips whole sale and marked up to cover issues like this and not to mention it is branded by a company that supplies warranty, and you havent gone to the lengths to rebrand it i.e BLITZ-RC. Honestly what are you trying to do save yourself $20 at the cost of a deminishing reputation, If you can't handle simple cases like these you should question your viability as a retailer, and the whole over worked and under staffed excuse just goes to amplifie this fact. I would quit flying before I even purchased a clevis from B-hobby. And Yes the esc in mine has a Low Voltage Cuttoff, so don't forget if you advertise it as an awesome flyer capable of verticle 3D moves and it can't you are legally obligated to refund the customer in full.. Woops did that slip out?

Oh and he tryed a different battery as well so bump, over to you blue leader.
statesy is offline Find More Posts by statesy
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:36 AM
Cool before it was cool
Chelsea,MI
Joined Jul 2008
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGReload
Ouch! Good to hear the truth and cause of this.

Redwoodace, you definitely do not want to fly any type of RC airplane till it cant fly or function anymore. To be honest with you, your really lucky you have your plane in one piece still.

Good luck next time and remember to time your flights or youíll be running into the same problem.
A great way to prevent overdischarging a battery is to set a stopwatch to lets say 5 or 6 minutes. Then when It starts beeping, you it's time to take it back down. Let the battery cool off, then charge it and fly it an hour or so later.
Dtrimas is offline Find More Posts by Dtrimas
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:38 AM
Cool before it was cool
Chelsea,MI
Joined Jul 2008
681 Posts
That to anyone, not rewood he probably already knows that.
Dtrimas is offline Find More Posts by Dtrimas
Old Jun 25, 2009, 01:17 PM
simi valley ca
Joined May 2009
39 Posts
hey guys thanks for replying i want to make something clear i am not here to bash banana hobby i am just letting you know my experince with them so far i only paid 179+tax and shipping but thats not the point i expected to have a plain that flys and handels like the one that pete shows on the review. i think ive figured out whats going on with it i think its the esc because when you plug the battery in and put the throttle to max with the tx on nothing happens and if im not mistaken the motor should be engaged now ive been talking to annie via live chat on there site and she has been as help full as she can but pete wasn't in so she asked me to try back , call me whatever you want i know that shite happens when pete makes this right i would not have a problem buying from them again
Last edited by redwoodace; Jun 25, 2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:05 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoodace
hey guys thanks for replying i want to make something clear i am not here to bash banana hobby i am just letting you know my experince with them so far i only paid 179+tax and shipping but thats not the point i expected to have a plain that flys and handels like the one that pete shows on the review. i think ive figured out whats going on with it i think its the esc because when you plug the battery in and put the throttle to max with the tx on nothing happens and if im not mistaken the motor should be engaged now ive been talking to annie via live chat on there site and she has been as help full as she can but pete wasn't in so she asked me to try back , call me whatever you want i know that shite happens when pete makes this right i would not have a problem buying from them again
No problem. It is a misunderstanding from my side it seems as well. PM me your order number and I will ship you a new ESC and a new lipo so you can start fresh. Thanks for your patience.

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Jun 26, 2009, 04:54 AM
Fight or Flight
Joined Apr 2006
421 Posts
Good on you Pete!
statesy is offline Find More Posts by statesy