HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:03 AM
Portchester Nr Portsmouth, Hampshire UK
Joined Nov 2006
1,377 Posts
Discussion
Charger -Graupner Ultra Duo 30 Plus

HELP
Can anyons assist in making sense of this charger.
I have just bought it new, I can get it to charge Li-Pos BUT not in the sequencing advised nor by the quick user guide offered by the supplier.
The manual shows what ic can do BUT to me not clear how you sequence and some of the stepps do not happen.
Like giving a read out of the r/h out put after l/h output is finished.

I only need it for Li-Pos l/h output and ni-mh (radio) on r/h output.
Thanks
Heritic
Heritic is offline Find More Posts by Heritic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:28 PM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,801 Posts
I had both the ultra duo 12 and ultra duo 30 and now ihave the ultra duo 14 which i havent got around to using yet

If my memory is correct as all my equipment is in storage as i change countrys yet another move the screen will tell you the status of the L/H pack on the two lines of info but when you insert the second pack the info for the R/H is a bit basic

I think it is insert the pack into L/H and then scroll to lipos
when it is on lipos it will say something like 3s X.XX voltage
if it is wrong and your on say 4s you change the counter to suit
then if the pack is for example 3200mha you scroll the charge rate to 3200 if the pack is charge rate 1s and then press start

I never did it myself but i presume if you want a 2 s rate for example on a 2000 mha pack then you do 4000MHA to get 2s rate

The R/Hside is basic it assumes pack is Nicad or Nimh less than 7 cells and no menu except charge rate max 1 amp so you scroll to what is suitable and press start and of it goes

The ultra duo 30 was a lot easier than the 12 to do as the 12 needed some sort of exact time pressing to flip modes which I cant recall the 30 needing

Hoiwever it is late here so will see how you got oin tommorow night

good luck

Ralf
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog
Old Jun 26, 2009, 08:29 AM
Joined Nov 2006
1,377 Posts
Right this makes sense, got it working ojk, but you agree with me the R/H gives limiting info, also if either L/H or R/H are finished I get a buzzer sounding BUT the data panel does not flip repeating l/h then r/h data.

For Li-pos, and L/H charge skts I understand now, .
I wish they woukld make it simpler, as if I do as the manual says, in some cases pressing the mode OR start button does nothing at all.

I am now happy that I cannot overcharge my Li-pos and was a good buy at 60.
Many thanks for this
Heritic
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:04 AM
Bothell, WA
Joined May 2006
8 Posts
I bought the 30 a couple years ago, took alot of tinkering around with it to work right. since i only charge li-po's and the same size I am sure i forgot how to program it. their manual is not very clear. I would just monkey with it til you get the right settings. dont charge anything with the wrong setting though unless you are a fan or 4th of july.
Snow*Wolf* is offline Find More Posts by Snow*Wolf*
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:37 AM
Joined Nov 2006
1,377 Posts
A belated thanks for this, is functioning fine, but a bit eccentric in trying to change any defaults.
Nice that it does the radio at same time.
Thanks both
Heritic