HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2009, 09:32 AM
Joined May 2007
119 Posts
New Product
Futaba offers new wireless trainer system

Futaba will release new wireless trainer system. They showed the view sample at Shizuoka R/C fair in this May in Japan. The model name is "WTR-7". All condition to be met is that the student's transmitter must be FASST. The instructor's transmitter can be any type of Futaba including conventional PPM, PCM1024, PCM-G3, or FASST. I can not find the pics of this for now. I'll upload them when I found. The exact release date is not yet announced....
RadiMani is offline Find More Posts by RadiMani
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2009, 09:14 PM
Joined May 2007
119 Posts
I found the pics from my PC at last. The pics are from Shizuoka R/C show.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:12 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
I hope this will not require a second Rx inside the model, just like the other wireless trainer discussed somewhere. If so, then this will the one worth looking into. Of course, the price also matters.

^R^
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Jun 27, 2009, 07:37 AM
Joined May 2007
119 Posts
According to Futaba's explanation, it's substitute for the legacy cable method. Any second receiver is not required like the other system. The WTR7 just listens to the RF from the student and sends the student's stick data into the instructor's transmitter via short wire. The instructor can select which transmitter control the plane by the lever.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 07:24 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7 Posts
Is there any chance that this would work on the port of a GP simulator controller to allow for wireless input to the simulator? Something like the FS One wireless input. Seems this should be plug in but I'm surprised Futaba has not listed this as a possible application.
ghentjohn is offline Find More Posts by ghentjohn
Old Nov 15, 2009, 08:55 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,000 Posts
So what I'm seeing is a FASST RX that connects to the master radio via the trainer port. You bind the student radio to the device, then plug the device into the master radio...

Frankly I think this is brilliant. Why doesn't anyone else do this for trainers? PPM signal from the RX directly into the trainer port on the radio.

-Jay
CyberJay is online now Find More Posts by CyberJay
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone 51" Sport Cub
Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:29 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
The same as trainer is a simulator link.
And I think that instructor Tx needs not to be Futaba, just pupil has to, of course.
But it is already doable using Jeti RSAT.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1122584
Why not?
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro