HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2009, 05:55 PM
Joined Jul 2009
699 Posts
I have a bunch of the single antenna E-sky receivers by Art-Tech and would like to get a better transmitter, but from reading this the single antenna (that comes with the Art-Tech F18, Wingtiger, etc) will not bind with this tx.
I contacted SN and they said their other Art-Tech tx that looks similar would be what I need, yet it is out of stock. Anybody used that one before?
AirChime is offline Find More Posts by AirChime
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2009, 05:56 PM
Joined Jul 2009
699 Posts
Here's a link to the upgrade tx that is said to work with the single antenna rx:
http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=407
Old Nov 27, 2009, 06:41 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirChime View Post
Here's a link to the upgrade tx that is said to work with the single antenna rx:
http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=407
That one will work withe the single antenna transmitters, however it only has one model memory (with similar model types) and less features. It's okay if you don't mind binding and don't need extra mixing features etc.
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Nov 27, 2009, 06:54 PM
Joined Jul 2009
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
That one will work withe the single antenna transmitters, however it only has one model memory (with similar model types) and less features. It's okay if you don't mind binding and don't need extra mixing features etc.
Hey thanks for the quick comment. I've been flying for less than a year and am still pretty new to all of this. I'd hate to see the receivers I already have sit in a drawer, but before I decide on which TX to get, what would you say I need to know about the more advanced TX with the 5 model memory?

Currently I have to bind the TX to RX each time I fly a different plane, which isn't a huge deal. Takes less than a minute. Everything I'm flying is currently 4ch with standard elevator, rudder and ailerons. I will be getting my first jet with retracts soon, hence the need for another channel for the landing gear.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:55 AM
Low rates are for wimps
Joined May 2008
3,403 Posts
Quote:
I'd hate to see the receivers I already have sit in a drawer, but before I decide on which TX to get, what would you say I need to know about the more advanced TX with the 5 model memory?
You get more options with the 5 model radio like expo, extra mixing options (for example if you wanted to mix some rudder with your aileron, or a bit of up elevator for when you drop the landing gear), more complete helicopter options. The single model is designed to provide the basics for whatever model you have. Works fine, but more twiddling when switching models and less options available.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 06:17 PM
Joined Jul 2009
699 Posts
Quote:
You get more options with the 5 model radio like expo, extra mixing options (for example if you wanted to mix some rudder with your aileron, or a bit of up elevator for when you drop the landing gear), more complete helicopter options. The single model is designed to provide the basics for whatever model you have. Works fine, but more twiddling when switching models and less options available.
Thanks again for the handy info. One more question: Would I be able to fly a plane like the F117 EDF that operates on a mix of elevator and aileron with that cheaper TX? I've never flown anything but standard setups. Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 08:15 PM
Low rates are for wimps
Joined May 2008
3,403 Posts
Quote:
Thanks again for the handy info. One more question: Would I be able to fly a plane like the F117 EDF that operates on a mix of elevator and aileron with that cheaper TX? I've never flown anything but standard setups. Thanks.
I recall it had a V-tail model option. You could check the manual on Art-Tech's site to be sure.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 08:48 PM
Joined Jul 2009
803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoltri View Post
It should be a couple weeks. That's how long the helicopter I bought from hobbycity took.
how many model memory is that turnigy radio?
TheTrashMan is offline Find More Posts by TheTrashMan
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:18 PM
Joined Jul 2009
699 Posts
Quote:
I recall it had a V-tail model option. You could check the manual on Art-Tech's site to be sure.
Thanks, neighbor to the north!
Old Nov 29, 2009, 01:47 AM
aka Anthony
Edmonton, Alberta
Joined Jul 2002
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeflyer94 View Post
how many model memory is that turnigy radio?
8 model memory, not a huge improvement over the Art-Tech.
Xoltri is offline Find More Posts by Xoltri
Old Nov 29, 2009, 07:27 AM
Joined Jul 2009
803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoltri View Post
8 model memory, not a huge improvement over the Art-Tech.
thats still better,does it have a lot of features?
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:18 AM
aka Anthony
Edmonton, Alberta
Joined Jul 2002
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeflyer94 View Post
thats still better,does it have a lot of features?
Check http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035575 for more details.
Old Dec 03, 2009, 01:54 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1 Posts
Please does anyone know the output power and the anttena gain and the Eirp of the Art-Tech E-Fly ETC61-2.4ghz R/C system????????????
blackshark50 is offline Find More Posts by blackshark50
Old Dec 03, 2009, 03:57 PM
aka Anthony
Edmonton, Alberta
Joined Jul 2002
1,008 Posts
I did receive an update finally from Art-Tech about my problems....

Quote:
Dear Anthony,

Good day to you.

Thanks for your purchasing our product. For the glitching problem you mentioned, I consulted with our engineer. After checking the tested record of the radio before, we also found some cases similar to your problem. It seems that there is something wrong with the PCB after the long time using. For the first dispatch of the shipment, the trial production just finished and product is not so perfect. After the non-stopping improvement, now this product has been improved a lot. And our engineer told me that this problem is gone in our new version of ETC62-2.4G radio.

Let me know if any other questions.

Best regards,

Gary
I did inquire as to how I could get mine fixed, but they did not respond. However, I think I may have fixed the problem for now. I used a syringe to inject rubbing alcohol into each of the potentiometers and wiggled the sticks around to clean them.

The same thing happened on my Walkera transmitter for my 4#3b helicopter and this fixed that one also. Furthermore, there was a recall for some JR radios that had a problem with bad potentiometers so the problem is not limited to inexpensive radios either.

In any case I received my new Turnigy 9x yesterday and I like it so far! Maybe I can use this art-tech radio as a trainer to teach people to fly with a trainer cable. I haven't tested this out yet though.
Old Jan 03, 2010, 12:37 PM
Joined Jul 2009
803 Posts
I finaly got this radio and i have a question,What should the radio voltage be?