I did receive an update finally from Art-Tech about my problems....
Good day to you.
Thanks for your purchasing our product. For the glitching problem you mentioned, I consulted with our engineer. After checking the tested record of the radio before, we also found some cases similar to your problem. It seems that there is something wrong with the PCB after the long time using. For the first dispatch of the shipment, the trial production just finished and product is not so perfect. After the non-stopping improvement, now this product has been improved a lot. And our engineer told me that this problem is gone in our new version of ETC62-2.4G radio.
Let me know if any other questions.
I did inquire as to how I could get mine fixed, but they did not respond. However, I think I may have fixed the problem for now. I used a syringe to inject rubbing alcohol into each of the potentiometers and wiggled the sticks around to clean them.
The same thing happened on my Walkera transmitter for my 4#3b helicopter and this fixed that one also. Furthermore, there was a recall for some JR radios that had a problem with bad potentiometers so the problem is not limited to inexpensive radios either.
In any case I received my new Turnigy 9x yesterday and I like it so far! Maybe I can use this art-tech radio as a trainer to teach people to fly with a trainer cable. I haven't tested this out yet though.