HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2010, 01:44 PM
RC-Kraut
Joined Feb 2006
1,858 Posts
Finally - I managed to make a video of my HET-Squall! The crushing sound of the winds prevents a doppler, Bummer. But thats some speed

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post15177356

Enjoy
markus
relaxr is offline Find More Posts by relaxr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2010, 11:17 PM
Camperdown, Sydney
Joined May 2009
375 Posts
Mine is finally done ! Painted and glassed, it's very heavy at 28.7oz with a 4s pack, it's seem really hard to balance on the CG I got it on 60mm as suggested in the manual. Will have photos coming up soon!
icy_wind500 is offline Find More Posts by icy_wind500
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:23 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,438 Posts
Quote:
28.7oz
Thats still pretty light at just under 2# The 60mm is good for a start with a stock frame but you may need to go more nose weight for the maiden by a few mm.
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:36 AM
Camperdown, Sydney
Joined May 2009
375 Posts
I had my first flight today ! It wasnt as fast as the F-16 (I've used the electronics off my crashed F-16) but the roll rate is scary...it rolls like a drill...and I'm only using 50% dual rate.

One problem I have while doing the glassing is that the glass dont like to go around corners, I get a few air bubbles trapped at the wingtip

nevertheless its one the best jet I've ever flown
icy_wind500 is offline Find More Posts by icy_wind500
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:45 PM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,386 Posts
hey Squallers!

I am using a Hoffman motor in a 6904 and I notice when I spin the motor by hand I get some resistance when it reaches a certain point. Is this normal? Or do I have a bum motor. Nothing appears to be touching as far as the fan in the shroud
DiabloKid is online now Find More Posts by DiabloKid
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:10 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloKid View Post
hey Squallers!

I am using a Hoffman motor in a 6904 and I notice when I spin the motor by hand I get some resistance when it reaches a certain point. Is this normal? Or do I have a bum motor. Nothing appears to be touching as far as the fan in the shroud
Check the end of the motor and see if the wire is discolored. Also do you have the right programming on the esc?

Pete
hole digger is online now Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2010, 08:11 PM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hole digger View Post
Check the end of the motor and see if the wire is discolored. Also do you have the right programming on the esc?

Pete
Pete

this is a NIB motor that I just mounted and have not even soldered the bullet connectors too!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 08:31 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,199 Posts
Any debris inside the can it may have picked up off the bench DK ?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:32 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,278 Posts
If it is new it can't be burned. Check the inside as best you can to see if the magnets picked anything up.
hole digger is online now Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:16 PM
Joined Jan 2010
83 Posts
Hi hole digger,

I like your avatar! Is that the hobby lobby F4d? Can't wait to get back home and finish putting together my second ford. (a dead elevon servo put an end to the first) I ordered a Don's wicked motor 4800Kv and the EDO fan to put in this one. My son has one too and I really enjoy flying together. It really looks good without the gear, but I like to take off and land too much to remove mine.
Fly safe!
Dan
daneflyer is offline Find More Posts by daneflyer
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:02 PM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
Any debris inside the can it may have picked up off the bench DK ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hole digger View Post
If it is new it can't be burned. Check the inside as best you can to see if the magnets picked anything up.
just double checked, all clear but I noticed the click/rubbing sound as I torque down the bolt on the spinner. I attached some pics to show what I believe it is
Old Jun 12, 2010, 01:19 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,199 Posts
If you remove those screws and turn the motor by itself does it still do it?
Or only when you mount the impeller shaft - which means you are pushing it too far onto the motor shaft and it is hitting the screws/motor mount.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jun 12, 2010, 01:04 PM
CAP 232-aholic
Centreville, VA
Joined Jan 2003
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
If you remove those screws and turn the motor by itself does it still do it?
Or only when you mount the impeller shaft - which means you are pushing it too far onto the motor shaft and it is hitting the screws/motor mount.
there is no rubbing with the motor out, I am pretty sure I am tightening it down too much but I dont know how much torque/tension these screws need to make it secure enough to mount?
Old Jun 12, 2010, 02:30 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Hey guys sorry about the off topic can anyone tell me how to get dents or a little crushed part of a wing corner out of foam please ?????????
giddyuperic is offline Find More Posts by giddyuperic
Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:10 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloKid View Post
there is no rubbing with the motor out, I am pretty sure I am tightening it down too much but I dont know how much torque/tension these screws need to make it secure enough to mount?
The screws are either too long and hitting the internal rotor....try shorter screws or use a couple of washers. you want the screws tight and use loctight if possible. It is also possible the rotor is down on the shaft and hitting the screws also....

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyuperic View Post
Hey guys sorry about the off topic can anyone tell me how to get dents or a little crushed part of a wing corner out of foam please ?????????
Many say you can get dings and stuff out by dipping it in hot water....
mjdee14 is online now Find More Posts by mjdee14