HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:47 AM
So broke I can't pay attention
Naples FL USA
Joined Mar 2009
489 Posts
You did a great job on this build, looks fantastic.
caymin last is offline Find More Posts by caymin last
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2010, 01:57 PM
Southern Calif
Joined Dec 2005
1,804 Posts
Frankg,

Since you are going to the museum could you get a measurement and some pictures of the gas tank vent on the Miss Behave? I can't tell how many holes are in the vent. And that is the only piece I have left to make.

I think I will have to go with Miss Behave for the name. I wanted to go with a different name. The only pictures I have of the real boats are Miss Behave and Miss Chief which has different caulking and staining from what I am doing.

I have just started working on the cockpit, but you will probably be finished with your boat before me.

Looking forward to your build of the Miss Behave.

Ed
Ed Crowell is offline Find More Posts by Ed Crowell
Old Jul 25, 2010, 02:36 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,726 Posts
ED- I have some pictures of the vents and I made some drawing of them for my castings of them. I left out the holes because at the size of the vents, they will be hardly noticeable. Besides, cast the holes in the mold, doesn’t make for a good release of the parts and could wind up destroying the mold to get the parts out. I can always hand drill dummy pilot holes in the parts later if I really feel the need for them.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
Old Jul 25, 2010, 06:06 PM
Southern Calif
Joined Dec 2005
1,804 Posts
Thanks for the picture and PDF file; it will be a big help.

Ed
Ed Crowell is offline Find More Posts by Ed Crowell
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:42 AM
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/
Narrows, Virginia
Joined Jun 2009
69 Posts
Frankg, as a first time begginer builder (I purchased a Midwest Lobster yacht from you last year and am slowly building & learning from my mistakes), I can say your build log is a real selling point for your kits. The detailed explanation of all the steps is an excellent compliment to the kit and certainly adds value for someone like myself. Keep up the good work. (P.S. would love to see the Lyman Islander some day)
drw-fj40 is offline Find More Posts by drw-fj40
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:07 PM
WooHoo!
Lake Balboa, CA
Joined Jun 2007
5,074 Posts
woodybob is offline Find More Posts by woodybob
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:19 PM
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/
Narrows, Virginia
Joined Jun 2009
69 Posts
I have a thing for old cruisers & initially wanted to build a Dumas commander or Legend Cavalier and frankg talked me into the Midwest kit (a wise choice for 1st time). We talked about the islander that was on the cover of the Lyman book, I think '67 or somewhere there abouts.
drw-fj40 is offline Find More Posts by drw-fj40
Old Jul 27, 2010, 03:37 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
13,987 Posts
At one point, I think Rich mentioned that the Lyman "Islander" would be part of the Legend product line...

Great looking boat-
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:45 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2004
2,453 Posts
Yes, very pleasing lines. In the right scale, could be a nice size model.
jeepers1940 is offline Find More Posts by jeepers1940
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:26 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,119 Posts

Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Jul 28, 2010, 06:33 AM
Joined Dec 2004
3,726 Posts
Hey Kmot- The build thread has been completed on the Sea Maid. The only thing left to post is when the kits are ready to ship.

We were just discussing the next model to be released from Legend Model Boats, some time before Christmas this year, which will be the 1935 Gar Wood Speedster “MISS BEHAVE” in 1/6th scale.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:10 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,119 Posts
heh heh
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Jul 28, 2010, 06:02 PM
Joined Nov 2005
222 Posts
I don't know Rich. After a few mahogany runabouts, I think that Islander might be the way to go with the next kit. Just my 2 cents.
Bruce
papower is offline Find More Posts by papower
Last edited by papower; Jul 28, 2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old Jul 28, 2010, 06:47 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,726 Posts
Yes guys and gals, the Lyman Islander is a definite will do kit, but only after I get the lines from Mr. LYMAN him self, Tom Koroknay. I am in the process of collecting info and pictures of the interiors of the boat, but have the project on hold waiting for the plans and lines drawings.

As of today, we have one more kit we are trying to finish for release right before Christmas, and the line up of boats to be released next year is pretty well set.

This weekend we will be at the Antique Boat Museum at Clayton, gathering more info and pictures for projects more than a year down the road, as well as enjoying the boat show and seeing old friends again.

Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:11 AM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
13,987 Posts
Any news on the release of this kit? gotta start dropping hints around the house for the holidays...
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded