HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by kansascloud, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:43 PM
Checking the wind
Aubry Township, Kansas South of KC.
Joined Jan 2002
1,403 Posts
Discussion
New iterest-meat tray foam, KF wings and Park 180 motors

Since completing and flying Big Bertha, I've worked on a few minor projects. I've mostly been flying what I already have.

On a winter vacation to Cancun, I took a copy of Park Flyer Magazine. Without a lot to do, I read every word of that mag at least 10 times. This included the build of a scratch build foam wing, powered by a tiny Eflite Park 180 motor. As soon as I got home I built one. Boy did it suck! Oh I got it to fly but it was really awful. So....what was I supposed to do with that cute little motor and speed control? Well, I had a whole package of 3mm foam and this little motor. In a short period of time I ended up with a little pusher powered slow flyer. Another neat thing about the pusher was, the KF2 styled wing I build for it. (took a whole 15 minutes to build) and it flew great!!

30 hours of flying and I finally wore the poor little motor out and pretty much fatiqued the airframe. I have just put the finishing touches on serial number 2, (a slightly improved version of the origional. I sort of made the nose pod look like Glamerous Glennis so I'm calling it the Bell X-1 EZ. The LHS called this evening and my new Park 180 has arrived. With any luck and calm winds tomorrow evening, I'll be flying the the X1?
kansascloud is offline Find More Posts by kansascloud
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:40 AM
"I Am The Animal!" in training
Winston-Salem, NC
Joined Sep 2008
1,008 Posts
hey Looks good! has it flown yet?

and what did u do with the burned out park 180? i have been getting better at rewinding brushless outrunners, and i would really appreciate it if you could send me your burned out one for me to re-wind! i would be happy to cover shipping cost.

Please PM me if u still have it

Patrick
helifryer is offline Find More Posts by helifryer