Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:33 AM
Joined May 2003
172 Posts
The cg is from 130 to 160mm from the leading edge of the wing attacment point. It flys and lands best at 160mm.
Jack
jets is offline Find More Posts by jets
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:40 AM
Joined May 2003
172 Posts
Dont worry about the wing flex. If you glue the wing on you wont be able to get to your retract servos if they need adjustment. Believe me, I 've had some pretty hard landings with no damage to the wings. The way they engineered the carbon fiber tube layout is great.
jets is offline Find More Posts by jets
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:54 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,617 Posts
Do I see a Hoffman Storm in there!? Oh yeah, that ought to rip! Looking forward to your flight report.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:47 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,601 Posts
Ok, on both counts, measured right way up, it's @ 160mm with a 2500mAh 6s in the nose, so no lead needed, ta for that.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:20 AM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Hello

I have the F9 from RC LANDER And now I just got the Hunter. Can any body help me with a couple of things? First the tail end on the top half of the jet was dented a bit. Can I just cut it out or try to fix it or just leave it? See photo's And where do you guys put your receivers?? I am putting in the AR6100?? Please and thank you for your help. Eric from freaking hot so cal.
giddyuperic is offline Find More Posts by giddyuperic
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:06 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,187 Posts
Eric,

I don't have a Hunter yet so I can't comment about the dented foam. However, I strongly suggest AGAINST using the AR6100 for this bird. That RX is best suited for small park foamies with very small batteries and motors. Since it is only a single dipole RX, you will most likely get a blocked signal during flight, and bad things will happen. I suggest using an AR6200 or better.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:18 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Sorry I only use AR 6200 with the extra sat on it. That was my type ooooooooooooooo
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:23 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
where to put the AR 6200 IN THE HAWKER????

Does any body have a photo of where they put thiers?? Please and thank you. This one of my AR6200 in my showtime 90. I would never use the 6100 in any thing that flies a over 500 hundred feet away. I lost a t-28 with one in it and I will never do that again. I have one and it is going in a flatana.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:25 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyuperic
Sorry I only use AR 6200 with the extra sat on it. That was my type ooooooooooooooo
OK, great. I'd hate to see you lose such a beautiful plane to an improper RX.

As for the dented foam, you could try soaking it in very hot water to tray and get the foam to expand back out to shape.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 14, 2009, 01:27 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
I have a friend who is master builder so he is going to look at it tonight for me. Can you guys tell me about the rudder rod. When it goes threw the top of the plane when you mount the tail . Well the hole where it should go threw is way off. Can I just make a new hole so the tail and the rudder control rod will all line up?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 07:21 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,489 Posts
Should be no problem to make a new hole. COG should be at 160mm minimum, any further forward is just nose heavy. Mine is almost 170mm at the moment and I could go back even further judging by the response from elevator and the inverted flight. I measured mine from underneath just to keep things simple, it is pretty well mid winged anyway.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jul 14, 2009, 09:23 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Hows this look??

Well the heat did it and my friend. Does it look okay to you guys?? I got the elevators and rudder all mounted too, The rod and tube for the rudder were a bear but I got them. The rod is off for the top part where it goes threw the plane. So I just made the new hole so it lines up with the servo horn .
Old Jul 15, 2009, 07:38 AM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Okay one more time

Sorry to keep asking so many questions. Can you tell me if it is okay to cut this hole longer to fit the rudder rod threw the top of the plane? And it would be better to be able to seat the tail down . Did you guys have a hard time with rear end of the tail going down in it's slot? Thank you for the help. Eric
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:19 AM
Orange,CA
Joined Aug 2003
284 Posts
My 'exhaust cone' was also crushed a bit during shipping.
I'm sure Lander will add a bit more cushion to the tail in their boxes.

FB
FLYBOY2000 is offline Find More Posts by FLYBOY2000
Old Jul 15, 2009, 07:26 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Tail all done

Well I have the tail all done. Now just put the cover on and hook up the rudder and the the fun starts Wiring!!!! And I have planes and other RC stuff all over my apt . I live by my self and my apt is full of planes ,cars,boats, The last girl friend said this place looks like the hobby shop you took me to. As I said she is my last girl friend.