Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 29, 2009, 06:03 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,452 Posts
Awesome Dankers! looks great, love the start too!
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2009, 01:57 AM
Australia, QLD, King Scrub
Joined Jun 2005
1,367 Posts
Lovely job Danks.
twang is offline Find More Posts by twang
Old Jul 01, 2009, 12:49 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,598 Posts
AWESOME video gents...it just rocks! Wow, I gotta go watch that one again! Very, very nice!

(looks like 24P maybe?!)
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite Allusive 2.2M
Old Jul 01, 2009, 10:46 AM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,233 Posts
Don't want to steal your thread but I think this is where people are visiting.

A couple of pictures of my elevator hook-up which is much simpler than the original and probably just as light. Note I re-positioned the servo and laid on side so that the motion is linear to each elevator half --- no arc. Will have to paint the nyrods at elevators.
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Old Jul 01, 2009, 01:43 PM
S.A.D Member
West Midlands
Joined Jun 2002
983 Posts
Hunter

Finished mine today and i used gold sullivan pushrods on the elevator as well and super smooth and easy now. Have the Lander 6s1p fan in the model on 6s1p 3000. boy i wound it up it is so super smooth and the whine is almost turbine like, loads of thrust will charge packs and give you watts the fan is producing.

Grant
gooseman is offline Find More Posts by gooseman
Old Jul 03, 2009, 11:15 AM
Orange,CA
Joined Aug 2003
284 Posts
Killickb

Nice job...now THAT is how you do it! No humming servos, no need to use WD-40! Looks like you need to use 'threaded' pushrod and make a joiner and solder the whole thing together. Looks like you use cable for the rudder.
Nice job..will plan on something similar for mine...

FB
FLYBOY2000 is offline Find More Posts by FLYBOY2000
Old Jul 03, 2009, 01:19 PM
United Kingdom, England, Chester
Joined Jun 2009
40 Posts
what servo's are everyone using in the hunter? and does anyone know if the panther oleo's are exactly the same as the ones on the hunter?
Thanks

Paul
paulhunter is offline Find More Posts by paulhunter
Old Jul 03, 2009, 03:23 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,107 Posts
Paul,

I typically use standard 9gram servos for the control surfaces, but it seems you may want to go a little bigger on the elevator servo on this one.

Retracts need beefier servos as well. I used HS81MGs on my Panther and F-16.

Don't know about the oleo's.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 03, 2009, 05:47 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,452 Posts
I am using the standard pushrods for all surfaces, buried the elevator tubes well into the foam and they operate fine, no WD40 on mine.

All my servos are our popular Batan B1122, 1.4kg torque 9g ball bearing output shaft, very nicely made little servo. In USD they would be about 12-13 bucks so not expensive.
Old Jul 04, 2009, 12:40 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhunter
what servo's are everyone using in the hunter? and does anyone know if the panther oleo's are exactly the same as the ones on the hunter?
Thanks

Paul
Thats a great question. I have an email into the factory right now asking about the differences, if any with the oleo's for the F9F2 and the Hawker Hunter so I know exactly which ones to stock and how to label them.

Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 04, 2009, 12:49 PM
United Kingdom, England, Chester
Joined Jun 2009
40 Posts
thanks Pat, i do have some hs81 mg's kicking around that i will use for the retracts.

thanks Extreme but i cant find the batan b1122's in the UK only s1123's. I think i will try and use the standard pushrods like you.

Max, can you let me know the answer from the factory as the oleo's look very similar and it would make sense to make them fit both.

Paul
paulhunter is offline Find More Posts by paulhunter
Last edited by paulhunter; Jul 04, 2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2009, 01:14 PM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,233 Posts
For these size models I always use 65MG for ailerons/flaps/retracts, 82MG for elevator and 65HB for rudder (where no chance to touch ground). Don't see any point on saving a few grams of weight v's possible gear stripping. With most models using one servo per aileron the torque requirement for 70/90mm fan models is not that great but I like a little overkill in the elevator. For the Hunter I am using digital versions of 65's just because I have them sitting here. Have also found the Hextronik HXT 900's work ok for retracts --- one per leg.
Old Jul 04, 2009, 01:21 PM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,233 Posts
Anyone have experience with the oleo gear v's standard metal gear? I suppose the main assemblies are identical just the leg being different. I wonder if they will function or hold up any better than the standard or is it just glittter for this weight model. My Panther set (standard, metal) worked great but the Hunter set must have been made on the graveyard shift, quality and fit just isn't there !!
Old Jul 04, 2009, 05:50 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,452 Posts
The TowerPro 900 servos (hxt) are amp hogs, I would be wary of using them in a model with so many servos, especially on retracts where you will need to get them set 100% perfect, any binding is proven to draw heaps of mah with those servos.

The S1123 are a plain bearing version of the B1122, they are almost as good but not quite as torquey in real life use.
Old Jul 05, 2009, 12:40 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhunter
..Max, can you let me know the answer from the factory as the oleo's look very similar and it would make sense to make them fit both.

Paul
This from the factory about the Landing Gear...

"*Our Metal base retracts are all different for each model item of F9F , Rafale, F-16, Hunter, they look like each other, but the little details not same."
"*Yes, for the Suspension metal legs retracts , there are also different between F9F, F-16,Rafale, Hunter".

"Above all, when you place orders for Metal base retracts or suspension legs metal retracts, we need to know which item kit they will be put into."

"*Suspension leg retract come in two different versions. One for existing RCLander jets to upgrade and one different version for other factory kits new install."

"*Yes, the new factory install of gear doors included the new stronger servo LS-02 (3pcs) +3pcs retract gear doors/w spring hinges + control horns + linkage." (Carbon Fiber Gears and Ball Bearings)

I hope this helps,

Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Jul 05, 2009 at 12:49 AM.