HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:02 PM
Freestyle God!
sunny wales
Joined Mar 2007
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavdriver View Post
Yours look about the same speed as mine once is in the air , but it takes a bit before it lift off , where yours took off right away , i`ll have to video mine then decide .

To be honest mines abit tail heavy which telps with the take off and the steep climb out (thank god its got the power, firt flight it went vertical lol)

The camo Hun in the vid was on 4s and was about the same speed as mine but didnt have any droptanks/roket pods so that will help. Im going to strip out (no retracts/lights etc etc) a F9F i think on 4s and hand lauch for general club flying as it seems more airobatic than the Hun and a fair bit faster

BB
barnesyboy is offline Find More Posts by barnesyboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:19 PM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesyboy View Post
To be honest mines abit tail heavy which telps with the take off and the steep climb out (thank god its got the power, firt flight it went vertical lol)

The camo Hun in the vid was on 4s and was about the same speed as mine but didnt have any droptanks/roket pods so that will help. Im going to strip out (no retracts/lights etc etc) a F9F i think on 4s and hand lauch for general club flying as it seems more airobatic than the Hun and a fair bit faster

BB
Yeah mine had the gun pods so for sure that`s major drag , not installing the fuel pods . the plane does fly beutifully though .
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old May 01, 2010, 04:55 AM
Freestyle God!
sunny wales
Joined Mar 2007
175 Posts
short vid showing the afterburner light

Lander Hunter with Afterburner (0 min 58 sec)
Old May 01, 2010, 06:41 AM
Situationally Unaware
Rhode Island, USA
Joined Dec 2007
130 Posts
Mine's a belly flopper on the Lander 4S setup.
I fly with the tanks and they work well as landing skids. The bottom of the tanks are .5 oz glass and wubu. I have CF rods running up through the wing mounts after the tanks popped off on early landings. I also have a CF rod running between the gear mounting blocks after a heavy landing early on folded a wing.
Nearly 20 flights on this setup now and all's well (knock on wood).
Speed-wise there doesn't seem to be much difference between this setup and my gear-less stock Habu and is certainly scale appropriate (to me) for a 50's jet.
Enjoy your Hunters!
muckie is offline Find More Posts by muckie
Old May 02, 2010, 08:56 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesyboy View Post

BB
Very nice flying and the videos are very well done! Thanks

I was wondering what retract setup you are using for the Hunters flying off grass? Did you modify or "beef up" the retract setup or is it just as it comes from the factory?

Thanks again

Max
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old May 03, 2010, 02:45 AM
Freestyle God!
sunny wales
Joined Mar 2007
175 Posts
My retracts are as they came from the factory,

Heres some pics from yesterday (when i did have to hand lauch as our stip hasnt been cut for a couple of weeks)

Some shots from Yesterday

BB
Old May 15, 2010, 07:42 AM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,314 Posts
Just installed the Lander electric retracts (with shock struts) in the Hunter and like with the Panther they are not the simplest of retrofits. I had to rip all of the existing mechanical retract mounting plates out (mains and nose) to get the gear to sit as deep into the wing/fuse as poss. The wing had to be gouged out to just the top skin and the gear strut is still a little proud of the lower surface when retracted. Both mains and nose gear are longer than the standard so either the mounting positions have to be moved or a lot of foam has to be gouged out of the fuse. The nose gear was a b---- to install as had to work around the glued together fuse. Had to grind out the old mounting plate and install new one with tapered stand-offs. Had to taper them (i.e. angle the nose gear to a non scale rake back) to get the nosewheel to retract as fully as the battery pack would allow, it still protrudes quite a lot when fully retracted and the steering arm gets jammed occasionally --- gave up trying to resolve that problem!!.

On the plus side they work perfectly and off of grass and there are no servos, wires etc in the duct --- I filled in and blended the wing surface where they used to sit. I would definitely order them with any new kit but know that retrofitting will require some work.
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Old May 15, 2010, 09:07 AM
Joined May 2002
2,880 Posts
You can get any of the lander kits with the electric retracts already installed from the factory but you need to order the kit that way , thats what i did when i purchase my Mig 17 , save me tons of work .
Old May 16, 2010, 04:06 AM
Freestyle God!
sunny wales
Joined Mar 2007
175 Posts
Ive just instaled a set of Oleos in my Hunter (got them cheep off a clasified add), hopfully will try them out this week, as ive said, Ive not had a problem with the standard legs but the Oleos look cool

BB
Old May 21, 2010, 11:40 AM
Joined May 2009
2 Posts
Hi guys, just a quick question....maybe a silly one but where are you taking the CG measurement from ?

Is it the nose ?

Oh and is this thing easy to hand launch ?
gibbo1974 is offline Find More Posts by gibbo1974
Old May 21, 2010, 09:36 PM
Joined May 2002
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbo1974 View Post
Hi guys, just a quick question....maybe a silly one but where are you taking the CG measurement from ?

Is it the nose ?

Oh and is this thing easy to hand launch ?
The CG is measure from the front of the leading edge next to the fuse , and no you do not want to hand launch the plane , is heavy as it is , and it takes a few feet before it takes off .
Old May 23, 2010, 04:46 AM
Freestyle God!
sunny wales
Joined Mar 2007
175 Posts
It depends what set-up you have for hand launch mine is the 6s and yes it feels heavy but it rips away from the hand launch no probs

BB
Old Aug 30, 2010, 03:09 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
I just bought the Mis-Demeanour version from Overlander at the UK Nationals on Sunday in their 1/2 price sale.

Very happy to get this awesome aeroplane with fan,motor and retracts for £100

They had a stack of F-16's, Panthers etc. on sale, think most of them sold pretty fast!!

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Aug 30, 2010, 03:31 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,530 Posts
The original 4 cell hand launched easy as pie, flew nicely and landed sweet as it was not too heavy. Add all the extras and like all Landers they pork up and do not fly anywhere near as nice.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Sep 12, 2010, 05:55 PM
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Extreme, im getting ready to order a hunter, since i had such luck with my panther. I was wondering how the new suspension electric retracts were holding up ? I fly off hard surfaces, like parking lots, roads etc...im gonna do a 6s with the new wemo fan unit and a hacker motor....I havnt seen anyone say much on how effective the flaps are ?? tks for help...DJ
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds