HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2010, 03:57 AM
near the Beach
Joined Sep 2007
649 Posts
Hey comet, beautiful approach and landing - very scale jet approach and I have seen many Hunters land for real - perfecto! You must be happy to have that on video. Your club looks pretty cool. Nice work. Have you considered closing your cheater hole? I have asked Tim Wan about this - but no reply above.
AlouetteIII is offline Find More Posts by AlouetteIII
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:29 AM
Joined Apr 2008
944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlouetteIII View Post
Tim can you please tell us what modifications you have made to the Hunter ducting in order to achieve 'without cheater hole'. Any steps you took to streamline airflow or achieve laminar flow inside the ducting - Also interested to know the AUW & thrust in this configuration. Thanks
Dear AlouetteIII,

Since no more any retract servos inside the main fuslage. I just hide all servos cable of aileron & flaps to meet inside streamline airflow effect. The total thrust ratio under this setting is around 1: 1 or a little bit more.

Thanks,
Tim
Tim Wan is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wan
Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:32 AM
Italy
Joined Oct 2008
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlouetteIII View Post
Hey comet, beautiful approach and landing - very scale jet approach and I have seen many Hunters land for real - perfecto! You must be happy to have that on video. Your club looks pretty cool. Nice work. Have you considered closing your cheater hole? I have asked Tim Wan about this - but no reply above.
Thank you very much for your appreciation about landing, If one day you'll come in Italy you'll be our welcome guest ( www.gapl.it )
About closing of cheater hole I'm waiting for the same reply from Tim ....
Fabio
comet68 is offline Find More Posts by comet68
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:33 AM
near the Beach
Joined Sep 2007
649 Posts
Tim : Thanks for that - hide all the cables. 1:1+ ! that's one way to do it.
Comet : Credit where credit is due. Attitude controls airspeed and power controls rate of descent. Perfect jet work from you mate. I have closed the cheater holes on my RCL Rafale and F-16 - so now I have been planning my Hunter for a while and I might try to use depron and balsa to line the duct and make a smooth bi-fork inlet. Chow.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:30 AM
Keep building, buying,fly
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,608 Posts
No Cheater Holes. I have just received my new Lander Hunter (Rainbow version) and the cheater hole in front of the fan is blanked off at the factory and there are no holes in it. I cant believe the intakes will be enough. Anyone else found this

Dennis
Bigplumbs is offline Find More Posts by Bigplumbs
Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:56 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,791 Posts
Hey, Can somebody explain the difference between Cheater Holes and No Cheater Holes? I thought they are required for the air flow?!

Thanks,

Andy
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:06 AM
Joined Apr 2008
944 Posts
RCLander Hawker Hunter update flying video

Dear All,

This is an update flying video of her for sharing with you.

RCLander Hawker Hunter Rainbow color update video.wmv (3 min 17 sec)

Best regards,
Tim
Tim Wan is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wan
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:42 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,791 Posts
Hey Tim,

Thanks for the Vid. One thing I noticed is that you barely see the Nav Lights and Afterburner while in the air.

How much will those run for with the electric retracts?

Thanks,

Andy
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:59 AM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,877 Posts
Nice video
mavdriver is offline Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old Apr 27, 2010, 09:02 PM
near the Beach
Joined Sep 2007
649 Posts
Nice video Tim! Congratulations on your Hunter achievement and very nice to see the rapid product improvement at RCLander with all products. The wing shape/flaps and aerofoil on the Hunter is a work of art. Keep up the good work.

Can you please tell me the aileron differential your hunter test pilot used to achieve those nice axial rolls in that video. ie L 15mm up = R 9mm down.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:56 AM
Joined May 2002
2,877 Posts
flew mine last weekend it felt heavy on take off but flew awsome , the 165mm CG is spot on , I would recommend the 6s setup , as I add it some lead on the nose for the 4s set up , the 6s would also would be much faster , although the 4s is no slouch .
Old Apr 28, 2010, 01:43 PM
Freestyle God!
sunny wales
Joined Mar 2007
175 Posts
Finaly got my Hunter flying this weekend together with some of the other Overlander boys, My Hunter is the 6s version and i absolutly love it

Heres a couple of vids with most of the range

Overlander Lander Jets at SCRCS (3 min 2 sec)

Lander EDF Jets from Overlander (4 min 7 sec)

BB
barnesyboy is offline Find More Posts by barnesyboy
Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:17 PM
Jimbo and the Jet Set
York
Joined Jul 2005
543 Posts
Nice video, notice the Rafale at the start, did you fly it, love the colour scheme ?
Jimmy_H is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy_H
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:23 PM
Joined May 2002
2,877 Posts
Yours look about the same speed as mine once is in the air , but it takes a bit before it lift off , where yours took off right away , i`ll have to video mine then decide .
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:57 PM
Freestyle God!
sunny wales
Joined Mar 2007
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_H View Post
Nice video, notice the Rafale at the start, did you fly it, love the colour scheme ?

Sadley the Raff isnt quite flight ready this week hopfully

BB
barnesyboy is offline Find More Posts by barnesyboy