HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2009, 04:14 AM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,503 Posts
Looks good Eric - that will work for sure! Got some nice inflights yesterday, will post as soon as I get them.
Chris
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2009, 11:22 AM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Lets see them, She is such a beautiful plane. I hope to maiden mine in the next couple of days it is still way to hot here and all the smoke from the fires does not help. I will get some inflight photos this time for sure.
giddyuperic is offline Find More Posts by giddyuperic
Old Sep 07, 2009, 11:51 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Hello Chris Can you help me I need to find a six cell battery that will fit in the hunter? You know how much space there is in there. I have the fully max batteries and they are just to big they get in the way on the front landing gear. What did you do for this problem? On my last flight the front gear got stuck because of this I am looking at these batteries . Can you please tell me what you did in the case. Thank you Eric https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/...idProduct=9176
Old Sep 08, 2009, 12:06 AM
Joined Aug 2007
440 Posts
I finally finished the Hunter in time to for the E-jet Rally in Mansfield TX, were I completed two fights. To start with this thing flies great! It handles very much like a sport-pattern ship. Its speed is very good although I would have thought it would be a little faster on 6s. The 6s fan does run very efficiently as I only used 2200 mah on a 5-1/2 minute flight. I use 2 Zippy 3s 3300s stacked on top of each other. I had to drop the aft battery mounting plate down to do this. The nose retract and steering servos are laid on their sides to accommodate the batteries. While flaps would make it easier to slow down it doesnít need them as it is very capable of flying slowly without them. Loops and rolls were very nice but it does not have great vertical performance.
The rough runway took its toll on the gear as all of the scale struts broke off of the landing gear. I did find all of the strut pieces and have re-glued them back in place.
After I returned home the nose cap developed a nasty pucker and the smooth foam finish is showing more of the cells particularly under the canopy. I have since filled in the nose with epoxy and micro balloons and repainted it. Iíll be flying the Hunter at the Greater Southwest Jet Rally in Waco Texas this coming weekend and I am looking forward getting more familiar with the way it performs.

Dave
X30PILOT is offline Find More Posts by X30PILOT
Old Sep 08, 2009, 07:25 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,508 Posts
Just came across the RC Lander Hawker Hunter on Nitroplanes. Not a bad price for $117 with Labor Day discount which expires tomorrow!

http://www.nitroplanes.com/rchahu70rcre.html

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2009, 08:45 AM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Wiring??????

My mind does not works as well as it used to. So I am asking if you guys can show me some photos of your wiring jobs on the hunter please? I have the fullmax batteries 3300 two of them and they are way to big so I think I am going with the one that I posted a couple of post up . It comes from hobbycity for $59.99 and with shipping it come to about 70 bucks. I don't know what other batteries to use??? And here is some photos of my wiring so far there is just not that much room for any thing. Any tips will do please and thank you. The little black things that are holding the wires under the wing will be hot glued down when ready to put it all together. Eric
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:21 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Helloooooooooo Is this thing on???? Can you guys tell me what battery pack or packs you are using for the 6 cell set up?? Please as you can se in my other post the ones I have are just to big and pain in the to get in and out. Hobbycity.com as some 5000mAh 6 cell for 59 bucks but I am not sure if they will fit and I would like to know what you guys are using please??? Thank you
Old Sep 11, 2009, 02:37 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
This like being at home nobody listing to me . But oh well it was 4000mAh and it was $59.00 bucks, so guy on e-bay trying to sell the same battery for 89 bucks he must be high. So I went with one for now because they charge so much for shipping . I will try one and if they fit and work good I will buy two next month.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 08:13 PM
Chillaxin dude!
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
4,795 Posts
watching and listening giddyuprc... but can't help you as I don't have a hunter yet.
BulletMaster is offline Find More Posts by BulletMaster
Old Sep 11, 2009, 09:18 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyuperic
Helloooooooooo Is this thing on???? Can you guys tell me what battery pack or packs you are using for the 6 cell set up?? Please as you can se in my other post the ones I have are just to big and pain in the to get in and out. Hobbycity.com as some 5000mAh 6 cell for 59 bucks but I am not sure if they will fit and I would like to know what you guys are using please??? Thank you

Sorry for being late to answer. But I am using 2 3s -3300 mah 25 hyperion G3 packs. As well as my other flying set is 2 3s - 3300 mah 30c thunderpower pro's. I will get some pic of placement and wiring for you.

James
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
Old Sep 11, 2009, 11:30 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Thanks guys, As I said the fullymax 3300mAH are just to tight of a fit and the hang up the front gear. The turngy 4000mAh six cell should be right on with room to spare. The link is a couple of post up. And I sure would like to see photos of you set up's batteries and wiring please and thank you. Eric
Old Sep 12, 2009, 05:19 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
Just came across the RC Lander Hawker Hunter on Nitroplanes. Not a bad price for $117 with Labor Day discount which expires tomorrow!

http://www.nitroplanes.com/rchahu70rcre.html

Best,
Tony
Tony,
Yes Nitro has some great prices, as all of us RC Lander Authorized Dealers try to offer the most competitive pricing possible and still stay in business
(like EJF, ExtremeRC and myself)
As a tip to all the members here, around the world, you can go to www.rclander.com and get links to all the dealers around the world.
We stock all the airframes for immediate delivery, with shipping included in USA and Canada, if that is any help. And our custom orders are showing a 2 week turnaround from the factory.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Parkflying is online now Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:57 PM
Joined Aug 2007
440 Posts
Here is a picture of my battery installation in the Hunter. 2 3300 3s batteries fit quite well if you lower the aft battery plate.

I purchased my Hunter from Max at www.parkrcmodels.com and I can tell you that I received the model promptly with free shipping and great customer service!

Dave
X30PILOT is offline Find More Posts by X30PILOT
Old Sep 13, 2009, 12:50 AM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Thank you very much. I think the turngy 4000mAh 22.2 six cell will fit right in there with room to spare. I am going flying in the morning and there will be someone there with one so we can match it up with the fullumax. Don't get me wrong the fullymax are great batteries just to big and the hold up the front gear. Thank you for the photo.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:30 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Hello Dave I thank you for the photo. Can you take one of the battery compartment without the battery in it please? I am trying to see how you keep the batterys from hitting the steering and retrack controll rods. That is my problem they are making the front gear hang up. Please and thank you