SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2009, 06:42 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,908 Posts
Nice Landing!! Was that with or with out flaps? Whats your setup?

James
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2009, 06:45 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,260 Posts
4s 2200mah 20c lipo x 2 in parallel. Also using a Eflite 60A pro ESC. RClander 4s motor and fan. A bunch of Hitec and hetronik servos. BEC 6A.

Yes, I definitely used the flaps on take off and landing. Around 50sec you can see me retract my landing gear. I was trying to get it in the video as well.

It was very windy that day, but it was going right down the runway, so that helped a little.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Last edited by SkylineFlyer; Jul 29, 2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 08:00 PM
Joined Aug 2007
440 Posts
skyline_g35

The Hunter video looks great, how many amps are you pulling at full power on the ground?
What is the preferred setup for this machine 4s or 6s?
I still trying decide between the Hunter and the Rafale.

Thanks

Dave
X30PILOT is offline Find More Posts by X30PILOT
Old Jul 29, 2009, 08:20 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwind3Zero
Back from the field. Flew great, solid in the air, flaps were helpful on landing. CG 160mm. Flew 4 min and used 3250 mAh. She ain't slow with this setup
Regards, Chris

Congraulations on your maiden!!! Very clean work.

Pete
hole digger is offline Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:20 PM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
Hey skyline I did not know yours was a 4 cell bird? Mine is a six cell bird. Did you do the servos for the elevators in the back or just leave the stock one with the two wire's? Thanks
giddyuperic is offline Find More Posts by giddyuperic
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:59 PM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckie
Congrats on the maiden!

Mine arrived today. I'm going gear-less too with a 2W-20/6904 on a 4S XPS 4000mAh.

How was the hand launch?

Cheers!
Thank you! The hand launch was a piece of cake for an experienced launcher (thanks Paco!), went off like on rails, didn't even dip at all. Greased the landing although that's not how maidens usually are You'll be fine on your setup!
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:02 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X30PILOT
skyline_g35

The Hunter video looks great, how many amps are you pulling at full power on the ground?
What is the preferred setup for this machine 4s or 6s?
I still trying decide between the Hunter and the Rafale.

Thanks

Dave

I haven't check the amp draw, but it should be around 50-55. The 6s is more powerful, but you need 6s lipos. That translates into more weight. This plane is already around 5lbs, which is ridiculous for a foam jet. I'll check the amp draw tomorrow. This Hunter sure is beautiful in the air though.

I used to own the 6s setup, but not with this plane. I was using a 80A, but the amp draw was around 36a on 6s2850mAh 30c lipo

Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:02 PM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hole digger
Congraulations on your maiden!!! Very clean work.

Pete
Thank you holedigger! I put in fair amount of carbon reenforcements since it's a pretty long fuselage - should pay off sometime
Regards, Chris
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:07 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyuperic
Hey skyline I did not know yours was a 4 cell bird? Mine is a six cell bird. Did you do the servos for the elevators in the back or just leave the stock one with the two wire's? Thanks

I used a Hitec MG 82? for my elevator. I used new push rods and sleeves and changed the wires AOA to the elevator. It make a world of difference.

Yeah, this 4s setup is in my opinion just as quick. I viewed on YouTube the Hunter being run on 6s in China I think. If it was quicker, it wasn't much. The big difference I guess would be the flight times since the 6s will draw less Amps. I figured since I am running 4s 4400mAh and flew for 3 1/2 minutes and my voltage dropped from 4.20V to 3.98, I could probably get another 1 or 2 out of it. I'll keep testing it though.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:39 AM
Zoom-Zoom
Switzerland, ZH, Dietikon
Joined Jun 2004
815 Posts
Quote:
Thank you! The hand launch was a piece of cake for an experienced launcher (thanks Paco!)
No worries...

Folks, keep in mind that no girly throws are allowed with an AUW of 1.5kgs! No "javelin stylee" either, toss it flat and level and bob's yer uncle.

Best regards - Paco
RoverTomcat is offline Find More Posts by RoverTomcat
Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:38 PM
Situationally Unaware
Rhode Island, USA
Joined Dec 2007
130 Posts
Quote:
Thank you! The hand launch was a piece of cake for an experienced launcher (thanks Paco!), went off like on rails, didn't even dip at all. Greased the landing although that's not how maidens usually are You'll be fine on your setup!

Thanks - enjoy your Hunter too!

Cheers.
muckie is offline Find More Posts by muckie
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:27 PM
Jimbo and the Jet Set
York
Joined Jul 2005
543 Posts
super video, love the quallity, as well, what camera are you using. I can only dream of having facilities like that to fly from.......
Jimmy_H is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy_H
Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:43 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,260 Posts
I'm using the new Canon Digital Rebel 15MP w/ HD video. It will record in four different qualities. 1080P being the highest.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:10 PM
Jimbo and the Jet Set
York
Joined Jul 2005
543 Posts
thanks for that,

After completing my hunter for a week or so ago and watching the weather in the UK turn into a wndy monsoon I decided to fettle the retracts, the nose wheel is great but the mains are giving me some trouble. I'm using the sprung legs to fly from grass and have reinforced the mountings and added some ply to compensate for the difference in depth but they won't cycle properly.

Can anyone who is using the sprung legs post some photos for me of a successful non buzz setup please.
Jimmy_H is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy_H
Old Aug 11, 2009, 09:25 PM
Joined Aug 2007
440 Posts
I received my hunter today and the kit looks great!
I am planning on running 6s.
What is everyone using for retract servos?

X-30
X30PILOT is offline Find More Posts by X30PILOT