HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2009, 06:15 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Discussion
exceed 2.4 ghz RX and TX for heli and planes

I got the RX TX combo in pretty quick order of time. I read the entire book
and installed the drivers on my Vista PC. looked at the programmable settings and then tried to "bind" the RX to the TX. the RX nor the booklet has the polarity for the battery to connect to the RX. so I cannot get the TX to control anything with the RX.. no lights on the RX .. nothing works..
Doesn't most receivers show the right direction to connect servos and battery connectors. I did a search in this forum and sent an email to support.
So .. is this Rx toast? the TX works fine on the PC and config program..
Anyway .. could use some help
Thanks..
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:31 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Anyone? looking at older radios I have . the Battery connection can only go in one way, like a keyway. this RX has nothing like that .. you cant plug in servos and batteries or ESC in only one direction. I think a simple wiring diagram would be needed for this RX and which servo or plug types is right for this RX. This is frustrating.. I wanted to mod my plane from 2 channel to 3 this weekend .. I am going to try support phone number but I doubt they are open on saturday..
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Last edited by bsfixit; Jun 20, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 04:51 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2009
554 Posts
To bind:
You must connect the bind jumper to the battery port on the RX. Then connect the a RX battery to the chan 3 or ESC. Yes there is a polarity to the RX and center wire is positive, right of it is negative, and left of center is signal. Once you plug it in the RX will be flashing red light. That means it's ready to accept the binding code. Go to the TX and press and hold the bind button, then turn on the TX. Once the code has been sent to the RX the light will stay solid. That means you have just successfully binded the TX and RX.

There is no wiring diagram but this RX follows the same exactly wiring diagram like any other RX on the market. Keep this in mind: center wire is positive, right of it is negative, and left of center is signal. This is true if you held the RX in your hand and the short antenna is on the left. If you held the RX in your hand and the short antenna is on the right then think the opposite. Let me know if you need more help.

Hobbypartz
hobbypartz is offline Find More Posts by hobbypartz
Old Aug 01, 2009, 01:46 AM
Joined Jul 2009
12 Posts
will you be getting more of these 6ch tx/rx combos? can you pm me the response. thanks
edwalsh18 is offline Find More Posts by edwalsh18