HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by CoronaL, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 09:16 AM
Winnebago IL
Joined Jan 2008
80 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
For Sale
Top-Flite P-51 Mustang 60 ARF new partially assembled, Saito 125 4stroke pickup only

I've got a Top Flite P-51 Mustang ARF that I bought last summer. I've done the wings, and most of the steps up until mounting the motor. Just don't have the time/interest to finish it. I bought a NEW Saito 125 Four Stroke motor last August and ran about 3/4 of a gallon of 15% Wildcat 2/4 cycle fuel through it to start the break in. Motor starts, runs and idles so sweet. I think I might have an extra set of mechanical retracts my friend gave me, but I'll have to look. Futaba Digital 3151 servos on Aileron x2, and JR servos for the 2 flaps servos, but cannot recall the model # offhand, but I think DS821's. Also forgot it has a JR metal gear retract servo that will be included. Going to also offer 3-4 ie throttle, elev/rudder Spektrum DS821 servos to help the buyer finish the kit. They are not installed and are either new or basically new. I bought 20 of them in a lot of parts I got, so they should be radio pulls and new.

$500 for the P51 and Saito/servos. I've got about $900+ in it so far .
I think I have 1-2 props for the Saito 4 stroke I won't need, those will go with the buyer.

Where I"m at in the build. Need to install the motor. The elevator/horizontal stab is NOT installed. Wing is pretty much finished. Someone asked if there is any damage to the kit or CA fingerprints on the build. RE: damage. Not any damage persay. On any ARF I've come across there is some "rash" I call it from packing and shipping these things. I went through 3 of these TF kits at my LHS to find the one with little to none. I do have a few CA fingerprints on the plane, but they should come off easily with that solution people use. They are not bad. I did have something knock into the wing and put a small chip in the "radiator nacille(spelling?)", the paint got dinged a bit on this part, but is not easily noticed and didn't damage the fiberglass or plastic(forget which material).

I paid about $300 for the ARF
$350 or so for the motor-I forget exactely
$50 for the retract servo
$40 ea or so for the Fut 3151's call it $70 for both
JR servos in wing and the one's I throw in for the throttle/elev/rudder $100-150

I'm not asking for the moon for this combo, but I don't want to lose everything I have in it either.

I think my asking price is fair, so considering what I'm including I'm not inclined to part it out, OR come down in price. Please don't offer lower. Also, I work ALOT, I don't have time to pack and ship this plane. Honestly I wouldn't know how and I don't have boxes that large to protect it, nor the time to insure it would be done proper. That's why it would be up to the buyer to come and get it. Another reason I'm asking what I consider a low price, due to the limited "audience" for this purchase. I don't have time to drive and meet people etc... I suppose if it doesn't sell, so be it. However, I hate to see it sit and just collect dust. If you have wanted this kit, and are within reasonable driving range, I promise you won't be disappointed, and will get a KILLER deal.

I'll try to take pics here in the next day or so. Just have been so busy with other projects etc... that I've forgotten about this FS thread

I'm in Winnebago IL zip is 61088
thx for looking
CoronaL is offline Find More Posts by CoronaL
Last edited by CoronaL; Jul 08, 2009 at 11:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2009, 11:10 AM
USA, IL, Benton
Joined Jan 2005
375 Posts
Trader Rating: 43
CoronaL, I just sent a pm to you about your plane combo.
Fred
Red Raider is offline Find More Posts by Red Raider
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:41 PM
Winnebago IL
Joined Jan 2008
80 Posts
replied
thx
Old Jul 08, 2009, 11:20 AM
Winnebago IL
Joined Jan 2008
80 Posts
bump. Added more servos to sweeten the deal.
Closed Thread