SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:33 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,842 Posts
New Product
Legend Model Boats, new kit release "ST. LAWRENCE River Skiff

I thought I would post the newest kit release from Legend Model Boats ready for shipment in about three weeks. This kit is a departure for Legend Model Boats in that the model is a true 1/12th scale, static model, of the 19 foot St. Lawrence River Skiff, built in 1885, for use on the St. Lawrence river in the Thousand Islands. The lines were taken from the original boat which resides in the Antique Boat Museum at Clayton, NY.

The kit is a full laser cut bass wood kit which can be built one of two ways, either with interior covering boards or open rib type. The kit comes complete with display stand and machined bass wood and brass parts to add the final touches for realism.

This is another of the kits produced by Legend Model Boats in their line of “Boats of the Antique Boat Museum of Clayton, NY.” and will be available at the museum’s store in time for their Antique and Classic boat show for 2009. This years show’s theme is boats of the Thousand Islands. Since the model is of a skiff which was built by A. Bain & Co. of Clayton , the kit will be a welcome addition to the show.

For now I will post some pictures of the finished two versions of the model, with a later posting of the entire build.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
Last edited by frankg; Jun 18, 2009 at 10:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:58 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,157 Posts
Pretty boat, Frankg!
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Jun 18, 2009, 11:04 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,990 Posts
A real beauty there!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Jun 18, 2009, 11:41 PM
WooHoo!
Lake Balboa, CA
Joined Jun 2007
5,134 Posts
Very cool model. Beautifully built too.
woodybob is offline Find More Posts by woodybob
Old Jun 19, 2009, 08:17 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,765 Posts
Awww right Rich---!
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jun 19, 2009, 05:47 PM
Joined Feb 2009
822 Posts
Is there a price yet?
Nederlander is offline Find More Posts by Nederlander
Old Jun 19, 2009, 07:41 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,842 Posts
Big Dutch- The price for the kit is $85.00 plus $12.00 handling, shipped Fed EX ground. It will be available in about three weeks and listed on the M.A.C.K. Products web site, www.mackproductsrc.com
Old Jun 19, 2009, 07:44 PM
Camden Maine
Joined Feb 2005
1,149 Posts
Really nice !!
H.Lauer is offline Find More Posts by H.Lauer
Old Jun 19, 2009, 08:48 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,990 Posts
Wow, a "Legend Model Boats" kit for under a hun. That's like getting a laptop for under three hun.
Old Sep 08, 2009, 02:20 PM
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/
Narrows, Virginia
Joined Jun 2009
72 Posts
Hi Rich, Very nice looking boat. I talked to you about a first time boat build a few weeks back. You suggested the Midwest lobster yacht as a good 1st time boat. We also talked about the Cavalier and the Dumas Commander Express. I really like the old cruisers and would like to build one in the future. How does the St. Lawrence skiff compare to the Lobster Yacht or the Dumas racer for that matter as a first time boat (in general terms and in experience gained to build a dumas or legend crusier in the future)? The price is attractive especially considering that no RC equipment would be neccessary (not that it is on the others but I don't think I could build a Cavalier and keep it static)
drw-fj40 is offline Find More Posts by drw-fj40
Old Sep 08, 2009, 04:22 PM
Joined Nov 2005
191 Posts
Frank, Nice, but any update on the Century Sea Maid?
edmigley51146 is online now Find More Posts by edmigley51146
Old Sep 08, 2009, 05:23 PM
pharaoh,ok
Joined Jun 2005
303 Posts
hi rich,any word on the power units for the creole queen?tom
tfbowen is offline Find More Posts by tfbowen
Old Sep 08, 2009, 10:33 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,842 Posts
I am going to for a one for three answer to the questions posed to me on this thread.

First, TF BOWEN, as we speak right now I am still waiting for DUMAS to send me the motor-reduction units for the Queen and their other paddle wheel boats.

Second, drw-fj40, The =St. Lawrence skiff is a true scale model of the real thing. It was designed for a novice to get started in model building, and yet produce a museum quality model for display. There will be an up coming step by step build on the skiff in this forum by Pat Tritle in the near future.

Third EDMIGLEY 51146, I at present in the process of building the model to prove out the cad drawings, as well as writing the text and taking pictures for the instruction manual. We still have to finish carving our masters for the castings which will be included in the kit. I will start posting the build when I get a little farther along on the model. I can tell you this, the model is big. You could easily fit two Sterling models inside this model. At 1/6th scale of the 18’ Century Sea Maid, the model is over 35” long.
Old Sep 08, 2009, 10:40 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankg
At 1/6th scale of the 18’ Century Sea Maid, the model is over 35” long.
1/6 scale? Cool, I know someone who wants to go for a ride.
Old Sep 09, 2009, 12:52 PM
http://wolfcreekrcpark.com/
Narrows, Virginia
Joined Jun 2009
72 Posts
Thanks, I'll be watching for Pat's build. I can compare it to that of the Cavalier.
drw-fj40 is offline Find More Posts by drw-fj40