SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:38 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Hey Scale Master, I love your vids, some of em Ive watched countless times especially the AH-6 one.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:28 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilerbee View Post
I did that on my Hirobo AH-1s cobra using benedini sound card. I gave him the sound files off a UH-1 and he input it into the sound card for me. The sound is now available for download on his wesite at www.benedini.de.
The Cobra is a bit narrow for speaker box so it was not to loud in flight but it sounded cool !! I have since taken out the sound card and will be putting it into my own product !! The 800 UH-1C. This time with a built in boom box!!

p.s. My sound is in 3 stages, turbine start up, the hovering thump and the turbine shut down. I have a video of my AH-1s on youtube, go check it out. Search for wilerbee !!
Seems like there will be room in my TFModel/SmartModel HH-60J USCG Jayhawk for the AH-1S sound track. Thanks for the post Willis.

Cheers - Boyd
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:43 PM
Joined Jul 2008
86 Posts
Quote:
Great job on the 21st Century Little Bird Scale master.

A few tweaks and it will be perfect:

1. Red/Green navigation lights need their covers repositioned so that they cannot be seen when looking in from the side. e.g. If looking in from the port side only the red skid tip light should be seen and vice versa.

2. T/R needs to be on the port side.

3. Who's flying the heli or are the crew having a tug-o-war.

I really do like the BB magazine on the port side. Please don't shoot me for the constructive comments Lieutenant

Please share your mechanics setup. Really interested to know what motor, ESC and Batteries your Little Bird will be using as these display models are really haeavy porkers.

Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
IRCHA 3355
Major USAF
Retired
Hey Boyd what's up dude. Always good to here from ya. Just to let you and everyone else know this heli is NOT a 21st Century toy conversion. This heli is a 60 size fuse that is about 56 inches long. The Toy version of the little bird is only about 32 inches long. The mechanics are the T-rex 600 with torque tube update. And as you know the Trex 600 mechs would probably barely fit in the toy and take up all the internal space and not allow for the cockpit detail to be included. I scratch built about 50% of the cockpit myself, while at the same time using some pieces from the ToysRus toy. The motor is a scorpion out runner type, and is set up for 8-10S. ESC in the CC HV 80Amp, Align 3G flybarless system, all futaba digital servos, receiver is a spectrum 7ch. I recently sold this bad boy to a dude in Florida about 5 months ago!

Below is a pic of my one and only 21st Century Toy conversion in the air...I used old Nexus mechanics with a torque tube mod as well....

-The Scale Master
Scale Master is offline Find More Posts by Scale Master
Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:24 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
All cool Scale Master. Been busy with the cardio vacular surgeons lately. Just finishing the post op no lifting no driving drill and about to cure the resulting heli withdrawal. Were there any CG balancing issues for the electric Little Bird with the full forward cockpit area? Where did the flight batteries end up? Someone got a nice bird for sure.

for scale heli sales will be dusted off, updated and implemented? I think there is still a market for high end, turn key, scale helicopter models at the outstanding quality level you could deliver.

Cheers - Boyd
Go USAF
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Last edited by Hoverup; Jul 13, 2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 06:18 PM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scale Master View Post
Hey Boyd what's up dude. Always good to here from ya. Just to let you and everyone else know this heli is NOT a 21st Century toy conversion. This heli is a 60 size fuse that is about 56 inches long. The Toy version of the little bird is only about 32 inches long. The mechanics are the T-rex 600 with torque tube update. And as you know the Trex 600 mechs would probably barely fit in the toy and take up all the internal space and not allow for the cockpit detail to be included. I scratch built about 50% of the cockpit myself, while at the same time using some pieces from the ToysRus toy. The motor is a scorpion out runner type, and is set up for 8-10S. ESC in the CC HV 80Amp, Align 3G flybarless system, all futaba digital servos, receiver is a spectrum 7ch. I recently sold this bad boy to a dude in Florida about 5 months ago!

Below is a pic of my one and only 21st Century Toy conversion in the air...I used old Nexus mechanics with a torque tube mod as well....

-The Scale Master
Whoops... I thought it was the 21st century toys but it looked too good to be true... Like I said, good job!

G.
Minibichus is offline Find More Posts by Minibichus
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:42 PM
Joined Jul 2008
86 Posts
Quote:
Hey Scale Master, I love your vids, some of em Ive watched countless times especially the AH-6 one.
Hey thanks Darthdrk! I love all the great bidies you make! Still want one dude! Let me know what cool military stuff you got. You know I still want that damn 53

-TSM
Scale Master is offline Find More Posts by Scale Master
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:25 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scale Master View Post
Hey thanks Darthdrk! I love all the great bidies you make! Still want one dude! Let me know what cool military stuff you got. You know I still want that damn 53

-TSM
The work Ive seen you do, it would be shocking what you would do with the 53.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Jul 16, 2010, 02:15 PM
Austin, TX.
Joined Feb 2008
155 Posts
A109 "Coastie" 450 SE

Hey Guys,

Finally getting around to showing this one off. She's the RC Aerodyne A-109 "Coastie" in the 450 size. She has the RCTek "Diablo" head (overhead slung flybar design) on the Align 450 SE V 1.5 frame. She's running HS-65mg's on the cyclics with a 3400g and a Gy-401 on the tail. I have installed a Lazertoyz light set in her as well. My retracts are fixed at this point due to the fact that I run a six channel x-mitter.

Here she is:

Hope Ya'll like her...

JC
Austin, Tx
J_Cunny is online now Find More Posts by J_Cunny
Old Jul 16, 2010, 07:33 PM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Interesting, I have an RC-Tek Skyshark and the head doesn't use the hoops from an AXE CP... do you have one of the earlier RCTeks?

G.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:10 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,642 Posts
Same here, but I was not going to say anything. It could be that the head was damaged along with the flybar cage and they replaced it with a align putting the balls right over the blade holders. So they found the AXE link worked perfectly.

Glade to know so if I find myself with the same problem.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2010, 05:46 AM
Austin, TX.
Joined Feb 2008
155 Posts
Hoopies...

I have had that head for about two years now. The flybar cage was damaged, and I did install the plastic Align replacement. However, even with the CNC cage that origianlly came with the head, the hoops were there. They are the old design (had to search the H-Freak site to hear tale about them), but since she don't do 3D, the percieved restriction of them doesn't affect scale flight. Guess that's whatcha get when you buy used parts. But, have never had an issue with the head itself, other than the damage that I encurred upon myself. I didn't think about it when describing the bird.

JC

Austin, Tx
Last edited by J_Cunny; Jul 17, 2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:16 PM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Yeah, I was just curious. The SJM180 did something similar with bent pushrods... that would work too

G.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:27 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,642 Posts
What is it with scale people always trying one off stuff. Is it because we are not afraid to trying different things??
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2010, 03:07 PM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
What is it with scale people always trying one off stuff. Is it because we are not afraid to trying different things??
LOL

Maybe, bu I don't have a single helicopter that isn't a frankenheli... even my RCTek-450 has parts and 'upgrades' from all other 450s...

G.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:22 AM
Austin, TX.
Joined Feb 2008
155 Posts
Scale dudes...

I kinda think what we do is read alot about different mods and such, and try to use the best ones (or ones we hope to be the best for our use) for our birds. Some pod and boom tricks, some general setup tricks, ect. That's the way I look at it. When you get down to it, crashng a scale is ultimately more heatbreaking than pod and boom. Not only do you have to fix the mechanics, but now you get to play "body shop man" with the fuse (if you're lucky enough to have pieces that you can recover with).

My two cents,

JC