HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2010, 07:31 PM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Its not funny guys! I get 3 hour runtimes and its sooo stable....

bwahahaha.

G.
Minibichus is offline Find More Posts by Minibichus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2010, 08:52 PM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
Man, you must have some crap setup or something...I get overnight run times. On the way to work in the morning I just turn that powersupply connected to the esc off so it doesnt just sit there spinnning...but it is nice heading those blades whop whop whop all night!
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Jul 07, 2010, 05:26 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,762 Posts
I am going green I just put some of that reflective tape on my blades and some wire and can fly all day as long as the sun is shining.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2010, 07:53 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,650 Posts
I know I'm a little behind the power curve Guys, but here's the real birds I pulled wrenches on for 7yrs, (and sneaked in a little stick time when I could.. :O) ),that I'd want to do a scaler of.
Barry
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Jul 07, 2010, 10:07 PM
Killeen, TX
Joined Jul 2006
624 Posts
Nice, those would be best served up in 1/4 scale. Visit www.superscalehelis.com for more info or over at that freaky site in the scale stickies for a LOOONG thread on the development of that big boy. I keep thinking of getting one and doing an OH-58D conversion off of it, but maybe I'll start small with a 60 size Century fuse first. That one's pretty big too!
AMA Outlaw is offline Find More Posts by AMA Outlaw
Old Jul 07, 2010, 10:12 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,650 Posts
Yes Sir AMA.......Len Mount did the OH 58D for Vario....and man I wanted one. Big helis are awesome. There'a huge E Powered Blackhawk...I think its made in Germany....another wish...lol.
I do like the 206L...and I've seen some really nice kits out there for the smaller e mechs and hopefully I'll be back in the hobby late this summer.
Old Jul 08, 2010, 04:39 PM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
Need some advice from you guys. Should I arm up my Lynx with rocket pods, or save weight and leave it alone?

davylah is offline Find More Posts by davylah
Old Jul 09, 2010, 10:27 PM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
I converted my T450 Littlebird...into another one, lol

This started as a fresh new Heliartist MD500 'white' fuselage. Skids reworked/relocated to be more like the 1:1 standard/short skids. "C" model tail to match the 4 bladed head.

Video made today was pretty painful to watch...so just a couple seconds of hovering to prevent headaches

redbird really short.wmv (0 min 20 sec)
Old Jul 09, 2010, 11:01 PM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post

This started as a fresh new Heliartist MD500 'white' fuselage. Skids reworked/relocated to be more like the 1:1 standard/short skids. "C" model tail to match the 4 bladed head.

Video made today was pretty painful to watch...so just a couple seconds of hovering to prevent headaches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WT7pGLaezs
Looks good man! Good work.

G.
Old Jul 09, 2010, 11:28 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,650 Posts
Looks good to me too Sideways

Barry
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:30 AM
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post

That looks fantastic!!!

@ TFModels/HeliArtist/RCAerodyne - Please include both the "V" and"T" tail in the future kits.
I don't want to fabricate and paint my own!!!!!
BlackTitanium is offline Find More Posts by BlackTitanium
Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:27 AM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
Thanks guys!

BT...I think the 'future models' of 450 MD500's are going to be vaporware. IIRC Kin said this idea was just in the planning stages but they had bigger better more profitable fish to fry. I can tell you this...if you want to mess with 450 MD500's, I recommend getting the Heliartist version ("V2"). In comparision to the version sold by TF Models/Smartmodel, it really is a "V2" in which the body is shorter and more true in profile to the 1:1 version. I guess TF Model is using what I think is the "V1" mold...and it is pretty wrong in comparison. The skids still suck though on the Heliartist version as they are using the same base plate...and the skid struts still need to be moved back for the rears and foward/outwards in the front, along with clearancing the wood former in the rear for the new strut location. Of course the 'engine bay doors' still need to be removed as well as they are quite bizarre even in HA's V2 mold. But once this is done, the HA mold is getting pretty close
Old Jul 10, 2010, 04:21 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,347 Posts
450 blue thunder in flight

some pics
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Jul 10, 2010, 05:06 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,762 Posts
Great job on the blue thunder. Yours is the first one I have seen that was painted right. I hate to see it in blue. I almost think that is why the series didn't make it. They actually painted it blue, but would use footage from the movie that made you think- Is it blue or black. The blue in "blue thunder" was just the anagram for what the chopper was made for and not the color.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:39 PM
MB-Commander
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Great job on the blue thunder. Yours is the first one I have seen that was painted right. I hate to see it in blue. I almost think that is why the series didn't make it. They actually painted it blue, but would use footage from the movie that made you think- Is it blue or black. The blue in "blue thunder" was just the anagram for what the chopper was made for and not the color.
I agree, to me it looks almost black, but I am not sure if its actually very dark blue, I've seen closeup pictures of this helicopter and it sure looks black to me.

G.