HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:39 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,519 Posts
Yes it comes all painted. It states highly finished on the web sight.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:58 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Thanks, good to know, since I just got done ordering it , I really am a weak person, I guess my wife isnt gonna get anything from Santa

Shipping was a wee high, but I think this is coming from China, if it gets here after Christmas, I cant be accused of anything..... right ?
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:11 AM
I didn't break it....
United States, OR, Clatskanie
Joined May 2010
148 Posts
It's the old saying, what she doesn't know won't hurt you!
udidit is offline Find More Posts by udidit
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:23 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,519 Posts
rc711 is one of the fastest places over seas that I do business with. I think you will be surprised just how fast it will get to you. Much faster than HK, OOmodel, I even have a lenovo 7 inch android pad I got from them during a special. Spend $200 with them and you got the pad for cost. I think it was $134 when everyone here was paying $200 when it was on sale. That was last Christmas. Of course like anything else I think you can get it on sale today for $150
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:36 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
I'm looking forward to geting it, but with the Dx6i, I wonder how to get the retracts to work. I found this http://www.myrcguides.com/Airwolf450scale.html and the guys uses the gain plug, however I'll be using a ZYX with a FBL head so my options are limited.

I do have a brand new TH9x and rx, but the thing is very confusing to set up and I havent used it yet. I like the idea of using only one Tx for all my helis, but allas , I may have to use the TH9x for this one........ Oh, the pain
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:25 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,519 Posts
You should be able to find some good youtube videos of how to set up that radio.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Slightly modified "222" in my own livery fitted with X-Cell 60 /OS'61 with tuned pipe, J.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2008
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
I'm looking forward to geting it, but with the Dx6i, I wonder how to get the retracts to work. I found this http://www.myrcguides.com/Airwolf450scale.html and the guys uses the gain plug, however I'll be using a ZYX with a FBL head so my options are limited.

I do have a brand new TH9x and rx, but the thing is very confusing to set up and I havent used it yet. I like the idea of using only one Tx for all my helis, but allas , I may have to use the TH9x for this one........ Oh, the pain
I have a used DX7 that will be for sale soon....$125
coptercptn is online now Find More Posts by coptercptn
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptercptn View Post
I have a used DX7 that will be for sale soon....$125
Thanks but I've spent enough money so far and the wife may just neuter me if I dont slow down....... I'll just have to step up and learn the Th9x.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:17 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Thanks guys

@ karlic, that one states that it comes unfinished and no landing gear.

@mhills51, the one from alzrc comes with the landing gear and linkages, it doesnt state weather its painted or not, I'll try to get in touch with them to find out, if painted, thats a good deal. May just pull the trigger on that one.
Painting and LG are options and available too.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:01 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Well darth......Santa just gave me my bill this Christmas for all the kids and grandkids....but when I recoup from it......I'd really like to find out more on your H-34 / S-58.

Merry Christmas guys......and hope ya'll have a blessed New Year.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:51 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk View Post
Painting and LG are options and available too.
Well we shall see how it gets here, I ordered it back then, no rush tho, I still dont have all the electronics here anyway and then test fly without the fuse on it first.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
I got it

and it is a thing of beauty, this is really to nice to even take out and get dust on it.

The ALZRC Airwolf was a great choice, landing gear is installed and ready for linkages..... I am extremly impressed.

Thank you Mhills51 for the link to get this, the drinks are on me.

One question I have is what type of glue should I use to glue on the fins and guns ?

Well, heres a picture, I just needed to share with others that appreciate this.

Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:25 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,519 Posts
I used epoxy on the tail fins, but I used shoegoo on the guns. I bet the shoegoo would of worked on the fins too, but I had a upcoming scalefunfly and didn't have time to test. The shoegoo drys like a super more flexible hot glue. I figured if I have a incident the gun pods have a better chance to just pop off.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:39 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
918 Posts
I used 30min epoxy on mine.
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart