HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2011, 05:43 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk View Post
Been working on a few Blue Thunder bodies. Thought it would be neat to share pics. Almost through with these (Sorry I think all these are spoken for except maybe one)
Bad ass Darth!
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2011, 07:44 PM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
A short scenic flight around the ghetto with a #11 HD keychain camera strapped to my MiniProtos. Need to get this set up on a bigger heli...just a little orientation loss when all you see is a black blob and a stick out the back

Ghettobird take 2.avi (1 min 9 sec)
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:01 AM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
You take good pictures sideways. I have a key chain camera I put on one of my birds but the pictures have a wave in them. The clearity is not to bad but that damn wave is annoying as hell. I've tried and tried to fix it but I never did get it done. I think I'll put the camera on a set of glass frames like darthdark did and use it that way.
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Jul 09, 2011, 04:22 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
That is awesome ! how did you keep it from getting blown away while it was so high in the air ?
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Jul 09, 2011, 04:41 AM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prop bender View Post
You take good pictures sideways. I have a key chain camera I put on one of my birds but the pictures have a wave in them. The clearity is not to bad but that damn wave is annoying as hell. I've tried and tried to fix it but I never did get it done. I think I'll put the camera on a set of glass frames like darthdark did and use it that way.
I believe the waves is from the camera moving around on a cushioned mounting. I tried it that way using various cushioning techniques...Jellovision. Got a tip of hardmounting it on the battery...and it worked . I am using the MSH factory battery hold-down orings to strap it directly on the battery now, and you can see the results

Here's a pic of the setup. I masked off a 'frame' with painter's tape and poured some epoxy wedges to get the angles better when mounted on the battery, and for the oring to not roll off the camera body. Various elevation adjustments can be made by putting coins under the wedge to get whatever desired camera angle is needed, with the same results
Last edited by SidewaysLS4; Jul 09, 2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 04:41 AM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
That is awesome ! how did you keep it from getting blown away while it was so high in the air ?
Crossed my fingers . Not much wind also
Old Jul 09, 2011, 07:25 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk View Post
Been working on a few Blue Thunder bodies. Thought it would be neat to share pics. Almost through with these (Sorry I think all these are spoken for except maybe one)
Very nice as always Darth, Are they 450 size?
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jul 09, 2011, 08:29 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post
A short scenic flight around the ghetto with a #11 HD keychain camera strapped to my MiniProtos. Need to get this set up on a bigger heli...just a little orientation loss when all you see is a black blob and a stick out the back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYsJd9PeWqo
Where do you get this #11 keychain camera from ? I have one that looks exactly the same as yours but the video is no where near as clear as that !
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Jul 09, 2011, 10:18 AM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
Check out this thread...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1362692

I think I got mine from the first ebay store listed there
Old Jul 09, 2011, 11:30 AM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post
I believe the waves is from the camera moving around on a cushioned mounting. I tried it that way using various cushioning techniques...Jellovision. Got a tip of hardmounting it on the battery...and it worked . I am using the MSH factory battery hold-down orings to strap it directly on the battery now, and you can see the results

Here's a pic of the setup. I masked off a 'frame' with painter's tape and poured some epoxy wedges to get the angles better when mounted on the battery, and for the oring to not roll off the camera body. Various elevation adjustments can be made by putting coins under the wedge to get whatever desired camera angle is needed, with the same results
Execellent setup! I'll copy that and see if I can get the same results. Thanks for the information.
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Jul 09, 2011, 12:01 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Very nice as always Darth, Are they 450 size?
Yep
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Jul 10, 2011, 09:57 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Oct 2007
129 Posts
my MD500 defender ,
8S 3300ma lipo 890kv motor,
futaba CGY750, working fine.
MD500 defender.wmv (4 min 34 sec)
philipcmf is online now Find More Posts by philipcmf
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:07 AM