HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2009, 11:45 AM
Joined Jun 2009
8 Posts
Discussion
twin pack charge lead (2 x 3S)6S + Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger

Heya, im new to this hobby, just got my honey bee king 3 and i'm really satisfied with it. The only problem is the charger, it charges about 3+ hours so i orderd Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger + twin pack charge lead (2 x 3S)6S. I just need to know how can i plug it in ? When i get the package should i just plug and charge? Or, i need any other cables etc... As i saw on the twin pack charge it has 2 connectors. I know that the white one should go into the charger but what about the other one ? I read that i should go into the charger aswell but i cant see any connector on the picture that could fit into it ...

Charger

Twin pack charge lead

Thanks for Your help

Best regards,

Tevz
tevz is offline Find More Posts by tevz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2009, 04:02 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
The charger should come with a charge cable with a deans connector for the batteries on one side, and banana plugs on the other end for the charger. When charging a single 3S pack you will plug the balance connector into the charger port, and the charge lead into the main leads on the battery. The charger will charge through the main leads, and balance through the balance plug.

When using the twin lead, you will plug the balance connectors from both packs into the twin lead adapter, and the twin lead adapter will plug into the 6S slot on the charger. You will plug the charge lead from the charger into the charge lead on the twin adapter. The charger will now charge and balance both the packs through the balance plugs on each battery. The main leads on the batteries will not be used at all when using the twin adapter. Select 6S on the charger program, and charge rate of 1C for the packs being charged. In other words, for 2 3S 2000mah packs, select 6S and 2.0 amps.

Remember, make sure the packs have identical cell count and capacity when using the twin lead adapter. Also, make sure the starting voltages are nearly the same or else it will take forever to charge both packs, and could potentially stop before one of the packs is completely full.

Another option, that is safer and easier, is get a parallel lead and charge multiple packs at once in parallel. The packs just have to be the same cell count and have a remotely close starting voltage. They can be any capacity, and don't have to be the same, just add up the capacity for the charge rate. For example, 2 3S packs, one is 1300mah, the other is 3S 2200mah. Select 3S and 3.5 amps on the charger program. This is a basic way to do it, and won't balance the cells in the pack. But so long as you balance charge them every so often they will do just fine like that. It is possible to balance charge in parallel, just do a search for how to do it, there are plenty of threads showing how to set it up.

Hope that helps,
Eric
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320
Old Jun 18, 2009, 05:34 PM
Joined Jun 2009
8 Posts
Thanks for the reply, it's much clearer now
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:48 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
What are you going to be useing as your power supply for the charger?
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:33 AM
Joined Jun 2009
8 Posts
I will be using 12V 5A Power Supply
Old Jun 20, 2009, 09:35 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevz
I will be using 12V 5A Power Supply
OK I was just checking to make sure you knew that you needed one,,,good choice...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob