HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Joshua Wesley, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:17 PM
Faster!
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Oct 2004
1,152 Posts
Discussion
Flying at Mom and Dad's: My first Blog entry.

I've decided to give this blogging thing a try, so here it goes.

Took the day off from work today, and decided to do a little flyin. Headed up to our club field, and just about the time I got the Spatha Jet in the air the rain hit. We called it a day and headed to Mom and Dad's for some lunch and front yard flying.
My parents live in Palisade, CO. This small town located on the Western Slope is nestled at the base of Grand Mesa, the world's largest mesa. It's world famous for its peaches and becoming more and more popular for its vinyards. At an elevation of about 5000ft msl, you'd think it would be a little cool, but temperatures can sore over 100 degrees in the summer in the high colorado desert. Despite the temperature extremes, its a great place to live, and I'm lucky to have been raised there.

Here are some photos of the front yard where we fly. Dad's got his trusty Slow Stick and I've got my EFlite Cap 232. I know Dad's known for being anti-ARF but he caved in on the SS, and I don't think he regrets it. The area is big enough to fly airplanes up to 2 lbs You have to stay on your toes to dodge mail boxes, trees, houses, etc... There have been a lot of test flights, crashes, successes, and memoring in this front yard. Its the birth place of our electric movement.

Below are some videos of the area, shot at previous times

Slow Stick Chasing Champ (4 min 6 sec)

Mid Summers Night Flight (6 min 26 sec)

-Joshua
Joshua Wesley is offline Find More Posts by Joshua Wesley
to remove ads between posts