SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 12, 2009, 02:01 PM
Joined Feb 2009
20 Posts
Discussion
First Nitro: Nitro 'Pede .15, T-maxx Classic 2.5R, or T-maxx 3.3?

Hello All,

I've been driving a electric traxxas stampede for about 2 months now. 7 cell 5000 mah Maxx Amps, whole deal. i don't want to go brushless, and my main problem with the 'pede is when i decide i want to take it round the yard, i have to wait the hour and a half to charge! i'm running a cheap peak detection charger, at 5 Amps. i like how its clean and low maintenance, but i kinda want higher maintenance.

I want nitro for the sound, (kickass) power, and get up and go. (sans easy start battery and rx power pack) I've spent time researching nitro maintenance and engine tuning, and honestly, tuning a 6 piece drum kit is harder.

I like the 'pede cause its a 'Pede and its cheap, leaving me money for glow plugs and Top Fuel. its a proven platform, and its a .15, which is smaller and easier to handle. I don't like the no-reverse part.

I like the T-maxx classic because it's fast, it has reverse, it's a Maxx truck, (8 shocks, durability) its powerful without being obnoxious (jato and 4tec i'm talking to you) and when i go to the lake house in cape cod i can traverse the dune hills with maxx power .(i should stop now )

And Finally, the T-maxx 3.3. No reverse, 3.3 power, 450 new. meh. 5 more mph over 2.5r.

I also want aluminum upgrades, (caster blocks, a arms) and a dx3s. I hate shelling out for Spektrum, but Telemetry is worth the money. i'd rather pay to have DSM2, rx voltage, and temp then pay for a new engine, chassis and possibly truck because my truck drove into a wall and broke due to dying rx packs, or explode the engine from 350 degree cooling head temps.

i would appreciate some opinions rcg! .

(remember, not above 500 for the truck, nothing but traxxas Losi and Hpi, as im trying to go the LHS route)

HBking
HBKingCP is offline Find More Posts by HBKingCP
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:05 PM
Dragster Dragons
Joined Jun 2009
163 Posts
Hello there !!

I do not have any opinions on the maxx 2.5 or the 3.3 but hoever I got opiniuns on the pede though

Traxxas Stampede .15:

Durability 5/10
Am sorry that I have tto say this but the pede is not durable at all.. I did a 1 foot jump landed on rock and the servo broke also get alot and alot of glownplugs/slipper cluthces oherwiae everything was good

If you got money to spare get the savage x 4.6 big block it's durable with many aftermarket parts
Bruzzer is offline Find More Posts by Bruzzer
Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:22 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,398 Posts
t-maxx suck and savages have way to many problems, get
the revo.
rc_pro_86 is offline Find More Posts by rc_pro_86
Old Jun 14, 2009, 01:39 PM
Joined Nov 2008
196 Posts
If you wanted to spend a little extra, I would so, So, SO recomend the Losi LST.
It has reverse, mutli-speed trannsmsission, big-block power, proven design, VERY durable! (I would know! )
You could also get one of those trucks used, that is what I did with a Losi Lst 1, and got a couple up-grades that the LST 2 has, including a Mach 427, and it is a BEAST!!
100 times worth the money!
Airplanedude is offline Find More Posts by Airplanedude
Old May 08, 2010, 11:37 PM
Joined Mar 2010
54 Posts
i like the fact that you wanted more maintenece haha i had a brushless it was crazy fast but i love engines. i sold the brushless and got a used tmaxx off ebay for 180$ . it was a great buy . i would recomend a tmaxx for shure or maybe a revo, but ive never drove one. but i would stay away from the pede because of durability and the .15 engine
tjend is offline Find More Posts by tjend
Old May 09, 2010, 01:40 AM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_pro_86 View Post
t-maxx suck and savages have way to many problems, get
the revo.
i have a savage, it does not have problems. what problems are you having?
on to the topic, if you've considered the maxx don't bother with it, get a savage. darn near bullet proof, can handle major air, is at home in a skate park and bmx bike track, they are just tough and good at flying and not breaking when landing. i can't say the same about a t-maxx for sure, and the revo(it's supposed to be better than the t-maxx durability wise, but still not as strong as a savage.).

but, electric has more power. get a savage flux on 6 cell lipo, lipo's from www.hobbyking.com or www.hobbypartz.com and 2 chargers as well. speed: 60mph. does standing back flips. my nitro savage can't do that.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old May 10, 2010, 08:13 PM
Joined Mar 2010
54 Posts
yeah if you want to go extreme power and speed get the savage flux
tjend is offline Find More Posts by tjend
Old May 10, 2010, 10:06 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,437 Posts
The thing I like about the new Tmaxx are all of the seal bearings if you are going to run on the dunes that would be a plus. Having reverse is no biggie to me but I know some people want it. The 3.3 is a screamer of an engine especially with a tuned pipe. The drive shafts and pivot balls are all sealed as well another plus for it. It is pricey I wish they had an almost ready to run with out a radio. Everything on the truck is sealed up nice.The 2.5 is a good truck I have one of those and I plan on replacing the bearings with the sealed version. I am think of replacing the drive shafts as well. I recommend the max only because I have one and have just tore apart and fixed 5 2.5 Tmaxx's and 1 3.3 Tmaxx I have a Nitro rustler but that is a smaller truck than the max. I don't have any experience with the Savage but I have 2 MT2's they are the older versions with the 18ss mine run's great but the MT2 needs some upgrades out of the box and The Tmaxx's are good out of the box. The upgrades I like for the max are RPM parts. You can't go wrong with them. I don't put to much aluminum parts on. Kind pricey for me.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old May 10, 2010, 10:10 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
don't worry about upgrades out of the box with a savage, it only needs 4 screws that attach the bumper. that's it.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02