Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:57 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
I don't know. I have no stance on this.
And furthermore you don't even know if it's true.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Jun 11, 2009, 01:10 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean I cannot know if what he expressed was honest, that is true. I can however know he said he valued free market principles, and then violated them.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Jun 11, 2009, 01:11 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe M.
Actually you can be held responsible for some actions that do get people killed or injured, even if that is not your intent, your christmas display for example, if it is distracting above the norm for your area and in fact does cause someone to be distracted to a point of causing an accident, and some one is killed or seriously injured, you can and shold be charged with negligent homicide of injury to others, you could be charged criminally or sued civilly, or both.
Of course but the burden of that falls directly on the accuser who is dead. All that's left is for (hopfully) reasonable people to determine if my nativity scene was overly distracting.

Quote:
But the real problem you are having is with moral relevence, if Bush went to war thinking that he was defending his country, he is not responsibile morally or criminally for the deaths that were incured, likewise, those that were responsible for causing Bush to make that decision (radical islam), are responsible for each and every death caused in that war.
Then the same holde true of the sanctions, no? Were we really in the moral gutter for the sanctions that goat claims killed people and then in much better moral standing for the war itelf?

Quote:
If Palistine had no guns there would be no war, if Israel had no guns, there would be no more Israel.
So whoever made the guns are also responsible for the war? Or is it whoever sold them to them? Just because I sell sombody a gun dosn't mean I'm responsible for how he uses it, does it? Of course, if he makes his intentions clear to me and I sell anyway then I do become the enabler so then I would share in the responsibility.

Ya know I actually do understand this stuff. I generally play a little coy on purpose. There is no way that the sanctions were more wrong from a moral standpoint than the war itself.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 01:12 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean I cannot know if what he expressed was honest, that is true. I can however know he said he valued free market principles, and then violated them.
And that means exactly what in the context of this discussion? I wanted to do what's right momma... I really did.... but the devil made me do it.