|Jun 09, 2009, 11:14 PM|
I was lucky enough to get 2 Rebel kits from the Predator. Here's the first one...
Edit: I finally got to DS her at Weldon and we clocked a 170mph on her maiden. She handles well at speed but kinda skids around on the frontside. Most likely due to the cut down elevons.
It's your standard 46oz combat wing build…
additional fg arched rod spar (next time it will be carbon ribbon but I had to experiment)
carbon drag spar
Fixed TE, 4" inboard and out
5 cell batt pack
Build thread here.
Update: New top speed of 180mph recorded at Weldon last Thursday.
|Apr 28, 2014, 10:54 AM|
The South will fly again.
The Rebel Lives!
I didn't realize that this plane was over 7 years old. I still fly it but only about 4-6 times a year.
This last month I did my semi-annual battery cycling and only got approx 60% capacity. Time for a new battery.
Cutting into my planes is not something I like to do. I thought about passing it on to someone else but decided to give it a go first. I really like this plane and Karl doesn't make them any more.
My intentions were to also change out the rec-r to 2.4 but decided against that since it's working fine.
Here are some pics of the surgery.
I want to point out how well the tape and covering stick to the spackle and EPP.
Spackle DOES NOT turn into powder with age or impact when it is used with thinned goop.