HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by customrcparts, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 09, 2009, 12:29 AM
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
Hobbyzone Super Cub Motor upgrade

This is a custom cnc machined motor mount that lets you install an EFlight 450, 480 or Turnigy 3536 on your Hobbyzone Super Cub.

Very simple to install.
Very lightweight (.6 oz).
All fasteners included.
To maintain the thrust line, the compound angle that matches the stock motor is machined into the mount.
There is no need for shims or spacers.

Buy it here: CustomRCParts on EBay
on EBay ($20.00 + $2.00 shipping)
or
RCGroups discount $20.00 including shipping (PM me and we'll make arrangements with or without EBay).

Check out CustomRCParts for information about this motor mount and other custom products I offer.
customrcparts is offline Find More Posts by customrcparts
Last edited by customrcparts; Jul 01, 2009 at 06:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2009, 03:40 AM
zoom zoom
USA, NJ, Mt Laurel
Joined Oct 2007
3,691 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Are you accepting vendor inquiry's?
gotboostedvr6 is offline Find More Posts by gotboostedvr6
Old Jun 09, 2009, 07:40 AM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Hello from up North! I'm thinking of ordering a couple of these but I want to make sure of something first. The info. here states that it fits the Turnigy 3536 as well as the E-Flite Park 480, but the info. on Ebay makes no mention of the 3536, on the 2 different E-Flite motors. I have both those motors on 2 different SC's and want to be sure before I order any that it will indeed fit both motors.

Thanks

Bryan
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Old Jun 09, 2009, 10:28 AM
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Bryan,

Yes the Turnigy 3536 does fit this motor mount. I hadn't advertised that on EBay because I haven't test flown with that setup. I did have an inquiry about this setup so I installed one on my Super Cub and made a tutorial about how to do it. You can see it at www.customrcparts.com under the airplane section then click Super Cub.

The person that inquired about using a 3536 said he'd been using one on a competitors mount and worked fine. My concern was that only 2 screws attach the motor to the mount. He said that he's never had a problem with that. He purchased one of my mounts and plans on using it with the 3536.

Regards,

Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias
Hello from up North! I'm thinking of ordering a couple of these but I want to make sure of something first. The info. here states that it fits the Turnigy 3536 as well as the E-Flite Park 480, but the info. on Ebay makes no mention of the 3536, on the 2 different E-Flite motors. I have both those motors on 2 different SC's and want to be sure before I order any that it will indeed fit both motors.

Thanks

Bryan
Last edited by customrcparts; Jun 09, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old Jun 09, 2009, 10:29 AM
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Absolutely! I got your PM and responded.

Regards,

Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6
Are you accepting vendor inquiry's?
Old Jun 09, 2009, 10:42 AM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Gary, thanks for your fast reply. Ok, if I understand this all correctly you're saying that the Turnigy 35-36 will work but by using ONLY 2 screws. Correct? If so, I'm wondering if there's enough room next to the existing holes to drill 2 more so the Turnigy can use all 4 holes/bolts. Hey...what about ordering one witrhout any holes from you!? Is that possible? Thanks

Bryan

P.S.
Sorry, I should probably be P.M.'ng these questions, ya?
Old Jun 09, 2009, 11:11 AM
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Bryan,

Unfortunately, there is no place to add the two extra holes. The "legs" are right where the holes need to be. As for ordering one with no holes, I could do that on my next run.

PM-ing isn't necessary. These are good questions!

Gary
Last edited by customrcparts; Jun 09, 2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old Jun 09, 2009, 12:53 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Gary, again thanks for the info. I see what you are saying. That graphic helped a LOT! Ok, I think what I'll do is wait until you make some more and get one with no holes as I am also going to modify one of these to hold a ParkZone 480 Brushless (out of my Corsair). With a blank one without holes I can compare the 2 (Turnigy and ParkZone) to see how close they are. I'm good right now for my E-Flite with the home made mount that I've made.

So, I guess the next step would be to just PM if you would please when you are going to have a blank one available. Sound good? I'm in no hurry so don't worry about it.

Thanks
Bryan
Old Jun 09, 2009, 02:38 PM
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Sounds good. Maybe you could ping me in a couple of weeks to check in.
Take care and happy flying!
Gary
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:10 AM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,991 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Like Olias I would be interested in one with no holes.
Would your mount line up with this? http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...unt-for/Detail
Or this? http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...7&pid=B2632605

Using the X-Mount.
race58 is offline Find More Posts by race58
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:38 AM
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
If I am reading the mounting information on the links that you provided, the hole pattern on the motors are 16mm X 19mm. These would fit my mount without using the X-Mount. The only issue may be the length of the motor. My mount is designed for a motor that is 1.62" (42mm) from the base of the motor to the face on the prop adapter. Also, my mount is designed for 3mm screws. The 2.6mm shouldn't be a problem though.
Gary
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:20 AM
!!BEWARE!! NOOB PILOT AM I
CANADA "EH"
Joined Jan 2009
14 Posts
Would this product work on other ParkZone models? I have the FW-190 whose motor mounts look very similar.
Mixednutz1 is offline Find More Posts by Mixednutz1
Old Jun 11, 2009, 01:55 AM
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
I looked up the FW-190 and the Hobbyzone site says that the motor mount is the same for the FW-190 and the Spitfire. I have installed this on my spitfire and it works. I haven't found a spinner that will maintain the stock look though... As far as I know, the Super Cub and the Spitfire use the same motor/mount so it would stand to reason that it will work on the FW-190.
Closed Thread