Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 07, 2009, 09:01 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Dec 2008
198 Posts
Discussion
how to connect an ESC with BEC to a receiver.

Hi guys,

I have problem with my new transmitter. the receiver is designed for ESC without BEC and it was working well.

unfortunatly my ESC without BEC had been broken down (not because of crash ) and i do have ESC but with BEC. some folks tould me to dis connect the red wire coming from the ESC to receiver to disable the BEC but it doens't work with me.

Experts, could you please help me out .

below is the transmitter picture.
h_bondok is offline Find More Posts by h_bondok
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2009, 10:02 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
BEC just supplies RX power... generally regulated 5.0 v, up to the current limit of the BEC.

The RX pictured should have no issues with that.

The first/easiest problem you could be having is signal/- reverse plugging the ESC into the RX.
The RX can even be powered up by the BEC and operate servos with the ESC plugged this way but the motor would not respond.

If you plug the ESC backward... then following the color code of the ESC you would plug all the servos backward and the RX's LEDs will work, but it won't move any servo.

No damage to this point... just unplug the ESC and servos... ONE AT A TIME, reversing the black vs white (Futaba color code) wire order and replugging.
(brown vs lightest orange if JR color code... Black vs yellow if Hitech color code)

See if that gets you functioning...

Whatever is supposed to normally supply power to the RX... (since your old ESC reportedly had no BEC) can be plugged in, along with one servo.

Make that servo work. If you can't make a servo work off of the other power supply, then you can't make the ESC work with the red (center) wire disabled.

Basicly... I doubt its the new ESC's fault that things are not working. And your old ESC may also be fine.

You might have some other issue that made you THINK the ESC was bad...
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:37 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Dec 2008
198 Posts
Hi fhhuber506771,

i had replaced the ESC and considered your advice, finally it works now.

thank you buddy.
h_bondok is offline Find More Posts by h_bondok