HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2009, 04:45 PM
TJMCANOE
Joined Oct 2008
4 Posts
Litho Plates

Bob, you will be happy to know that printing plates have made it into the computer age. I run a CREO CTP system, which is a overgrown laser printer using KODAK plates. If you need more plates I can send you more up to 22"x35". Most newspapers still use plates and will let you have a few if you ask nice.
Did Tony Eliott do the fuselage also and is he marketing them as a kit?

TJM
TJMCANOE is offline Find More Posts by TJMCANOE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2009, 05:48 PM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
And who won ? an X HP-11 owner .

P.S. I really like your r/c project
To be honest, it was me. I loved standing on the pedals on the way down.

Hp-11, very cool!

-bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Old Jun 26, 2009, 05:53 PM
Look out! The lever!
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMCANOE
Bob, you will be happy to know that printing plates have made it into the computer age. I run a CREO CTP system, which is a overgrown laser printer using KODAK plates. If you need more plates I can send you more up to 22"x35". Most newspapers still use plates and will let you have a few if you ask nice.
Did Tony Eliott do the fuselage also and is he marketing them as a kit?

TJM
Good to know that the plates are still available and thanks so much for the information. I still have about a half dozen left but now I know where to go for more.

Tony did the fuse and wings/tailfeathers and although I don't know that he offers it as a kit per se I'm sure that he'll be glad to make one for anyone that's interested. For those who may be familiar with the Viking molds, Tony is now the owner of them and has a list of fuselages he can make on his web site. I'm sure he'll be glad to make a kit of any level for anyone interested, but that's me speaking for him which is unfair. I just know that I'm very pleased with what he produced for *me*.

-bob
Old Aug 15, 2009, 11:15 AM
0.9g retracts
3" from insanity, 2' from the computer ,Richford, Tioga county, Southern Tier, New York, U.S., North American Continent, Northern hemisphere, Earth, The Sol System, Milkyway Galaxy, The Universe, The Current Dimension, Your Selected Realm of Reality.
Joined Dec 2006
1,946 Posts
I saw an eample of this beautiful aircraft at the National Soaring Museum (only an hour or so from my house ). The preformance is quite impressive, even today. good to see someone is building one!
Yellow Baron is offline Find More Posts by Yellow Baron
Old Aug 16, 2009, 01:57 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,726 Posts
Bob your -18 is looking good can't wait to see it airborne. I have a Slingsby T-53 with a 110in. span I'll finish some day. Just sloped a plan's built Climax HLG off the "A" and managed to bring it in intact. Dave.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:24 AM
Look out! The lever!
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
Hi, Dave

I've been sidetracked by some other projects but will most likely post my progress to date early this week if not sooner. Get to work on that T-53!!!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 12:30 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,726 Posts
I'm building a Miles for Tom Gressman at the moment among other prodjx. Later Dave.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:00 PM
Look out! The lever!
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
Well, here we go again. I took some time to at least finish one part of the plane and although it really didn't come out as great as I hoped for it'll definately work.

The pictures pretty much tell the story...I'm pretty sure I turned it into more of a project than it had to be - good lessons for the next one. I originally had long tubes bonded to the doors to use as a hinge but didn't consider the compound curves of the doors so I had to drop back and punt. The original doors were a bit different shape but used a piano hinge at the front and rear so this seemed the easiest solution. Well, it turned out to be a real PITA but worked out OK in the end. I'm not as happy as I could be with this and may redo it in the future before the final paint. We'll see....
Last edited by bobthenuke; Aug 18, 2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:30 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2005
634 Posts
Hi Bob,

This is really looking great. Dennis B and Rick B came up with a very simple way to do gear doors.. I'll have to demonstrate/ describe it to you when we go to Greens Peak.
But your door hinging looks real good. Got your pictures and will look at them later.

Btw If your landing gear breaks or needs work.... How are you going to get it out without breaking things?? It appears that the gear is in permanently.

I always make mine removable.

Bill
Billymac is offline Find More Posts by Billymac
Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:46 AM
Look out! The lever!
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
Hey, Bill

Looking forward to Greens Peak and seeing your door system.

As far as the gear being in permanently I had considered this from the beginning and having a removable section of former seemed like more complexity than I wanted (so I transferred that to the doors, right?). Anyhow, the retract frame itself is not bonded in but is held in place by the front and rear formers. To remove it all that is required is two short saw cuts above the retract frame sides on the front former only. Hopefully I'll never need to do that.

-bob
Old Aug 18, 2009, 05:35 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2005
634 Posts
Bob,

That is the idea; but partially..
On my Big Pilatus; the front bulkhead is larger than the rear. That's so I can put an Aluminum beam to hold the retract down. Since I used blind nuts on the bulkhead, all I have to do is unscrew the metal plate. And pull the gear out. Doesn't look like you have enough material in the front to do that. But maybe you do..
Either way it's looking great!

Bill
Billymac is offline Find More Posts by Billymac
Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:07 PM
Look out! The lever!
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
Last edited by bobthenuke; Aug 18, 2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: duplicate post
Old Aug 18, 2009, 07:40 PM
Look out! The lever!
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
Bill,

I just hope I never have to remove it, for whatever reason! In any case, I'm not worried about it.

-bob (a quasi-deciple of the KISS principle)
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:14 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2001
1,060 Posts
Looking good Bob. Yes, I can see that it got to be a 'project' alright.

I can't see any turnbuckles, interplane struts, or flying wires.

Carry on anyway..

John
John Cole is offline Find More Posts by John Cole
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:54 PM
Look out! The lever!
Joined Feb 2005
2,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cole
Looking good Bob. Yes, I can see that it got to be a 'project' alright.

I can't see any turnbuckles, interplane struts, or flying wires.

Carry on anyway..

John

ROFLMAO!!! Just give me time...