SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by flyboy321, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 02, 2009, 06:57 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
Discussion
My second day of summer '09

I got out of school last Friday... and then two days into my summer I flipped a go kart going about 30 mph. I scraped up my elbows and legs pretty bad. I also broke a bone in my wrist... I'll put some pics up in a little bit. When I flipped i didd 2 full rolls and landed sideways. I blacked out for a minute or two. You could see my knucklr bone for my midddle finger and all the tendons and muscles and such. I went to the ER for a few hours 2 nights and they gave me 5 stitches to just hold the flap of skin down. Then yesterday we were at the hospital for 6 hours... only 1 hour for preparation for the surgery and 1 hour for the actual surgery... so basically we were sitting around waiting for a long time... which totally sucked because I hadnt eaten since lunch the previous day and I couldn't take any pain pills. When the guy went and looked at the roll cage and it was totally warped. He said there was a bolt stickingg out and that I must have hit my hand on that because there was skin still stuck on it. Well now I can't do RC or anything except tv for 2 months minimum... and of course I'm right handed and it happened to my right hand. Well I'm done complaining, and expect more of these because they give me something to do-besides watching tv. -Tyler

Just FYI for anyone that didn't know: It seems like no ones in a hurry to take care of you in the ER or the hospital... unless you're life is threatened. So if you want quick service youbetter start crying and wailing. lol
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Last edited by flyboy321; Jun 02, 2009 at 09:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2009, 10:32 PM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
tyler
we need to get you on a dirt bike
glad your not hurt too bad
Dan
Micro Dan is offline Find More Posts by Micro Dan
Old Jun 03, 2009, 09:18 AM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro Dan
tyler
we need to get you on a dirt bike
glad your not hurt too bad
Dan

If I was on a dirt bike I have a feeling I'd be dead right now. I was lucky I was wearing a safety harness, helmet, and had a roll cage. I woulda been fine but when I flipped the force of it made my hands let go of the wheel and hit a bolt. but a broken bone and 9 stitches aren't too bad.
Old Jun 03, 2009, 01:27 PM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
my opinion is that at least a dirt bike tends to not pin you to the ground and grind you up like ATV will
just 9 stitches.... thats not too bad.
i once got 44 stitches from a piece of lumber
heal up quickly
Dan
Old Jun 03, 2009, 04:56 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
Wow... 44, I wouldn't want to be the one who got those... but how the limber it you and where?
Old Jun 03, 2009, 05:11 PM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
2x4 and a table saw threw a sharp shard and hit me in the jaw
i kept on working until i felt a breeze inside my mouth
i then checked the damage in the mirror and had a 1" gash clean through the cheek.
by the way its easy to pull your own stitches...just remember to pull on the knot after you cut the thread
Old Jun 03, 2009, 05:12 PM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
i bet i have had more than a thousand stitches so far in my life.
it was never my fault either
Old Jun 03, 2009, 10:19 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
I'm hoping you have insurance tp pay for your bills
Old Jun 04, 2009, 08:24 AM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
those incidents happend 20 year ago, back when insurance covered near 100% and premiums were less than $20 a month.
those days are long gone
you get hurt today and its a short skip to the poor house for sure even if you are "covered" by insureance.
Dan
Old Jun 04, 2009, 05:12 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
Hey Daniel, I've been messenging you on here but have had no replies. Would it be easier to contact you by email? -Tyler
Old Jun 04, 2009, 05:54 PM
www.gobrushless.com
North Carolina
Joined Jan 2005
1,564 Posts
email is mucho better
sales@gobrushless.com
Old Jun 19, 2009, 08:58 PM
"I Am The Animal!" in training
Winston-Salem, NC
Joined Sep 2008
1,008 Posts
oh man Tyler! you hadnt mentioned this to me yet! wow! thats one gnarly looking wound there! ouch! (didnt slow u down when it came to building an aquarius though )

heal up man!
helifryer is offline Find More Posts by helifryer
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:31 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifryer
oh man Tyler! you hadnt mentioned this to me yet! wow! thats one gnarly looking wound there! ouch! (didnt slow u down when it came to building an aquarius though )

heal up man!

Yup, will do. I just got all my stitches out the other day (20). Now I'm wearing this brace thing. And yeah, nothing stops me from building. We lost power to an ice storm and had no electricity for 2 days... I built my F22 by candlelight and flashlights... nothing will stop me from my builds... unless I don't have anything to build. -Tyler