SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 02, 2009, 03:26 PM
luisflycubs
Vancouver WA
Joined Feb 2009
46 Posts
Discussion
The DX7 not compatible with a reverse Y-harness?

I just learned some disturbing news about my DX7. I am using a reverse Y-harness to operate the two separate horizontal stabs on my 90 mm Fly Fly F4 Phantom EDF, but I just read, that Spectrum recommends against using a reverse Y-harness with there DX7 radio.
Iím not sure why that is their recommendation, and have sent them an email asking for more information about it. As of yet, I have not heard anything back from them. The type of reverse Y-harness Iím using can adjust one of the servos with a built in dial to make them even.

Have any of you heard anything like this before? Have any of you successfully used a reverse Y-harness with your DX7?

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Community/...Practices.aspx

Thanks Luis
luisflycubs is offline Find More Posts by luisflycubs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2009, 04:31 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,391 Posts
Amplified and reversing Y-harnesses tend to create voltage spikes at the receiver connectors. As Spektrum receivers are sensitive to undervoltage, a voltage spike (voltage going up and down for a short period of time) can make the receiver reboot. While rebooting the receiver will not control the servos so there will be no control over the model. It might take up to 8 seconds for some receivers to reboot which can be enough for the plane to crash.

OTOH the DX7 can drive two elevator servos on two separate channels while reversing the output to one of them - just use mix 5 or 6 so the master channel trim affects the second servo.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member