HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:07 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
I built the 68" Velox that Amir (3Dwannabe) owns, and when I originally built it, I did built it with the pull/pull, however, when trying to balance the plane, it seemed quite nose heavy, so, I switched it to push/pull, but left the pull/pull control horns. After flying the plane a few times, and getting the CG where I wanted it, I found that I could go back to pull/pull. So...I just left the control horns for the push/pull, and covered the opening for the servo in the tail. I probably have the control rod for the push/pull in my hardware drawer...So, it will be very easy to switch over to pull/pull if needed....

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:08 PM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
where are your packs? i kinda want to do a 4320, but i also would prefer push pull if i can manage it
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosam View Post
let me check tonight and i will let you know...
sorry about the delay but the 6s 50000 packs sits 5" forward of the wing tube for slightly nose heavy inverted flight...
hosam is offline Find More Posts by hosam
Last edited by hosam; Feb 13, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:11 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
Quote:
sorry about the delay but the 6s 50000 packs sits 5" forward of the wing tube for slightly nose heavy inverted flight...
With what motor?

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:22 PM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
With what motor?

SteveT.
sorry Steve but my reply was for rcbirk from a few days ago... I am using a Motrolfly 4325.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:24 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,312 Posts
Quote:
and you said you have the rudder servo up front?
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:25 PM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
809 Posts
yup... pull-pull
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:35 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
Quote:
sorry Steve but my reply was for rcbirk from a few days ago... I am using a Motrolfly 4325.
No problem....

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:00 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,885 Posts
Quote:
Man, I bet you get some serious flight time but would be tough to balance.[one too many zero's]
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:12 AM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
Man, I bet you get some serious flight time but would be tough to balance.[one too many zero's]
it's a very very very special one of a kind pack and I am the only one in the whole world that owns it ... it was late and I was tired but great catch...
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:34 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
To those that are running a motrolfly DM4325-310 (on 8s) what prop are you running? I have a xoar 18x8 (gas prop) and it really isn’t very impressive. I was hoping for performance similar to my 58 and 59, which I run a 4315-714 on 4s and a 15x6-7 props. The LHS ordered a Xoar gas prop by accident, but will that make much difference? Really, this plane isn’t all that much better than it was on a DLE20.
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:20 AM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
The LHS ordered a Xoar gas prop by accident, but will that make much difference?
I can only answer this part and it is NO... I have run gas props on electric motors this size as I have a few sizes from my 30cc motors...
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:05 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,312 Posts
well, i hate to argue but i think it does make a different. the electric props are significantly lighter, and that will make a difference on spool up. top end performance may not be a big deal, but more weight for spool up will make a difference, but either will work and wont harm anything
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:16 PM
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
I know its not going to hurt anything and I have it perfectly balanced, it just doesn't have the snort I was expecting, I wonder if the 17x10e will be better? I think this plane wants some speed for the high energy stuff it loves and a little less torque up front also.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:09 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
Well...the lack of "snort", may be as Eric said, the prop is taking longer to spool up, and therefore your aren't getting the punch you are expecting, Try an 18X8 electric, and you may get what you are wanting, if you don't like it, then try the 17X10...Personally, I like the larger diameter props, due to better air wash over the surfaces....YMMV...

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:13 PM
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
I usually go for the largest diameter props also but I want a bit more top end speed on this guy. The 18x8gas has plenty of power and acceleration is instant, just not the top speed I want for my attempts to snap a wing tube in flight