HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:04 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
That's what l thought. It looked like its the same blue that's on the slick. Thanks. Will get some this weekend.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:11 PM
3D Addict
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
989 Posts
hinge tape

did u seal the elevator gap with 3m blenderm tape? i think u need to try and eliminate potential causes 1 at a time. I sealed my 71-in slick cuz I had slight misalignment on the elevator half joiners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Something is wrong with yours...perhaps the loose nut behind the sticks....

SteveT
alfabeast is offline Find More Posts by alfabeast
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:25 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Sealing the hinges after reinstall the rudder. Should have it all done by tomorrow. Can't wait to see if my small changes that l have done will help. I have my 71 sealed too
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:46 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,816 Posts
I didn't seal mine...though I usually do on my planes...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:16 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,119 Posts
Ordered!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:39 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
Ok got te velox all fixed up. Well the elevator authority is much greater than the slick now. It tumbling just about as good as the slick though it takes a slightly different entry.
I ended up going a bunch of small changes and it seemed to work. Thanks for the help guys.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,119 Posts
Well I got mine up and running, only about 4 flights so far. I will say first couple flights the elevator authority was weak. But the CG was to far north. I just do the inverted flight for all my planes, never been on the CG sticks. The further back I moved the packs the better. But I think I like a little more but an about to run out of room. It's also taken about 95% of the coupling out of a KE.

I was checking the elevator move by doing some medium speed walls. With the CG back there was a huge difference. And I have a lot of elevator movement.

Plenty of rudder though!! You can stand up a slow KE easy as pie. Easiest plane to harrier I have, upwind or down wind or transition. And I haven't flown it in anything less than 10+mph.

Good wind plane and tracks trally well.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:49 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Well I got mine up and running, only about 4 flights so far. I will say first couple flights the elevator authority was weak. But the CG was to far north. I just do the inverted flight for all my planes, never been on the CG sticks. The further back I moved the packs the better. But I think I like a little more but an about to run out of room. It's also taken about 95% of the coupling out of a KE.

I was checking the elevator move by doing some medium speed walls. With the CG back there was a huge difference. And I have a lot of elevator movement.

Plenty of rudder though!! You can stand up a slow KE easy as pie. Easiest plane to harrier I have, upwind or down wind or transition. And I haven't flown it in anything less than 10+mph.

I really like mine also....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:52 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,852 Posts
Quote:

Heading out to the field to fly mine later. Can't wait to try some short/light flights with my 6S 3000's.

I notice you have 610 servos. That's what I have too. Super fast and they center well.

-Buzzed

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:55 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,816 Posts
And Rob also seems to like the wing bolts from Aztec Aero...as do I. For all of my planes except this one, I Loctited the nut onto the threaded part, but I have found for this plane, it works best to Loctite the threaded part into the wing, then thread the nut on when installing the wing.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:30 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,145 Posts
Quote:

congrats! I LOVE that scheme
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,119 Posts
Yep those wing bolts are nice. I had some broken balsa in that area out of the box so I laid on the ply and hogged out enough room to spin the nuts on. Otherwise I guess it would be a little tight getting the bolts in.

One flight yesterday in no wind, I still want my CG back a bit, I'll have to move the bec pro. This would put the pair of batterys touching the wing tube. What do yall have for battery locations? Also I don't know what the wing loading is(haven't looked it up), but it's not as "floaty" as a 71, 74, or 72. When taking off I have to get it going a bit..just something I noticed. More time on it this weekend!

Rob
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:25 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Yeah sounds like moving your BEC might do it, but you could always move your rudder servo too. I'm loving mine with a push pull rudder... but I'm also flying a Hacker A50-12L which sort of made that a necessity.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,119 Posts
So your packs are pretty far back?
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:58 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
So your packs are pretty far back?
Maybe 1.5" from the wing tube for neutral CG with rudder servo in the back, 6s 5000 and A50-12L in the front. Like you I am running a BEC Pro which is mounted alongside the battery bay inside the fuse.

That gives me so little coupling I haven't bothered with mixes at all.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate