HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:26 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
yeah, I sent my ice 120hv in a little later than you and still have not gotten it back yet. I also sent my ice 80hv in just before they expanded the recall. I suspect this grounded a lot of folks.

I have an electrified old sig fazer that I might try the SFGs on. 5SA123. it's a little weak on rudder so the SFGs seem like they should help.

I was hoping to find some more general discussion on setting the correct size and shape.

tim
twilkers is offline Find More Posts by twilkers
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:32 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkers View Post
yeah, I sent my ice 120hv in a little later than you and still have not gotten it back yet. I also sent my ice 80hv in just before they expanded the recall. I suspect this grounded a lot of folks.

I have an electrified old sig fazer that I might try the SFGs on. 5SA123. it's a little weak on rudder so the SFGs seem like they should help.

I was hoping to find some more general discussion on setting the correct size and shape.

tim
From what I can read, the shape doesn't "really" matter, so, you could copy the general shape and even the size doesn't really matter either. It's kind of like if they don't look "out of proportion" then they are about right.....kind of like the "TLAR" (that looks about right) method....

You might find more info on the "Addicts" thread...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:53 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
I did read that placement with respect to CG can be important, but it was only a comment, no prescribed method. aft of CG would help directional stability but before CG would degrade it.

tim
twilkers is offline Find More Posts by twilkers
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Hey Guys, anyone know where I can get a MB for the 68??
svonavja is offline Find More Posts by svonavja
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:22 AM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
822 Posts
Why, what did you do now ?
hosam is offline Find More Posts by hosam
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:34 AM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
haha Hey! I heard a rumor that you crashed your 72 also, please tell me it's not true???

***I am fixing all my crashed stuff and sticking to my EPP for the time being, I am getting sick of repairing
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:37 AM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
822 Posts
True... Was not a good weekend for me... Oh well, part of flying...
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:47 AM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Very True! It was great meeting you and hanging out! Looking forward to more events! Thanks again for the Velox!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:51 AM
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
822 Posts
ditto... always a pleasure to meet an addict…

I hate fixing, working on my SHP when I got home so its ready for our fun fly in 2 weeks… I just found out that my initiation box on my DA50 is dead…
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:56 AM
I'm a pilot... I can fly
United States, OH, Hiram
Joined Jun 2010
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosam View Post
ditto... always a pleasure to meet an addict…

I hate fixing, working on my SHP when I got home so its ready for our fun fly in 2 weeks… I just found out that my initiation box on my DA50 is dead…
Bummer! Yeah I am hoping to get the 57 repaired again to fly until winter. Good luck enjoy the Fun Fly!
Old Sep 06, 2011, 01:29 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Jun 2009
153 Posts
Sadly the smoke velox died during low rolling harriers yesterday. Worst part is that I can't get any replacement in time for the NW huckfest. Oh well, I still have plenty of airplanes to bring... Just sad that I can't yet fill the hole in my hanger until 3DHS opens it's doors or ADC restocks inventory. Probably smart to wait for whatever the new model is that will be coming out.
TyeeFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TyeeFlyer
Old Sep 06, 2011, 10:37 PM
Fly Low-Crash-Rebuild-Repeat !
Jackson, MO
Joined May 2009
3,231 Posts
I have a few parts.

What do you need?

Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyeeFlyer View Post
Sadly the smoke velox died during low rolling harriers yesterday. Worst part is that I can't get any replacement in time for the NW huckfest. Oh well, I still have plenty of airplanes to bring... Just sad that I can't yet fill the hole in my hanger until 3DHS opens it's doors or ADC restocks inventory. Probably smart to wait for whatever the new model is that will be coming out.
RotorJockey is offline Find More Posts by RotorJockey
Old Sep 06, 2011, 11:43 PM
" I only fly Davebuilt"
north county san diego
Joined Jan 2011
259 Posts
Dam the Velox flys good!

Have the new 71" slick (8s), 78" EF Extra (10s), and have test flown many other med to large electric aerobatic aircraft. My buddy finally got around to bringing out his new 68" Velox running A50-12L on 6s. All I can say is wow....what a sweet flying machine. I felt at home within the first min flying the plane.....would be nice to see a 3DHS 50cc sized Velox!
I'd buy one..

James
wrjames38 is offline Find More Posts by wrjames38
Old Sep 07, 2011, 07:39 AM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Last fall I picked up a second hand 68" Velox. Just now getting around to prep it for flying. I see that its no longer on the 3DHS website. I was hoping to download the manual for throws, CG, and general setup info. Anyone know of another location to find the manual or does anyone have a digital copy of the manual that would be willing to email me? If so, please PM me and I'll forward my email address. Thanks!
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Sep 07, 2011, 07:42 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,359 Posts
CG - start at the front of the wing tube. This is a good rule of thumb for most 3dhs planes.
Throws? For me I setup low rates about about 1"-1.5" or 15 degrees on aileron/elevators. 30 degrees or so on the rudder.
High rates are generally all I can get with each surface.
The big Velox will be back, Ben has said that it's out for a freshening up, and will return this fall/winter I think it was. Send theKM a PM about the manual, he does quite a bit of website work for them and could probably help you out with the manual if you still want one.
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m