HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2009, 11:05 PM
Appleton, WI
Joined Feb 2008
85 Posts
Discussion
Aviation Explorers June 11th at Quarry field?

I received an e-mail from Carl Walby asking if it would be possible for our club to do a demo and or some hands on budy box type training to members of the Aviation Explorers of Appleton.

I am posting here to see who would be available that night, weather permitting, to bring aircraft to quarry field and give a demo and maybe have one of the training aircraft with a budy box operative for that evening.

I beilive I am working that day, but if able I will swap my shift to be available.

If the weather is not condusive to flying I will try to make myself available to attend their regular meeting at the airport.
As of right now I told him to plan on brining his group to Quarry field and have given him my cell number for future contact if things change.

I myself was a member of an explorer group and this would be a great opportunity to bring new members into our great hobby that already have a passion for aviation.

Thanks in advance for everyones support and hope to see as many people as we can get out at the field on Thursday evening June 11th if the weather is good.

Matt Cramer

( included the a copy of the e-mail from Carl for those of you interested to read )

My name is Carl Walby and I am an adult leader with Aviation Explorers in Appleton. Our youth members are made up of youth 14 to 21 who have an interest in aviation. Many of our members have asked about the hobby of radio controls airplanes and I am writing you to ask if you or a few of your members would be able to attend out next meeting on Thursday June 11th. We do meet at the safety building at ATW but we are willing to meet at your flying field if that was advantageous to demos.

Would you have someone available on the 11th and would you be interested in giving a presentation on your hobby?

I can be reached at 920-470-4052

Thank You for your consideration.

Regards,

Carl Walby
MDCramer is offline Find More Posts by MDCramer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2009, 06:12 PM
Neenah WI
Joined Apr 2008
274 Posts
Matt I have a trainer that is available for use, it works with the futaba buddy box.
It's ugly but flies great
Are you looking for someone to give a presentation to the group or just a demo?
I can also bring my P-47 and Edge.
IBBUCK is offline Find More Posts by IBBUCK
Old Jun 01, 2009, 08:19 PM
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
617 Posts
I'm 80% sure I can be there and help out. Would need to use the hitec buddy box and cord. What is the exact time we would be starting? How many students?

Thanks,
Tim
timflight1 is online now Find More Posts by timflight1
Old Jun 01, 2009, 08:48 PM
wisconsin
Joined Jan 2009
53 Posts
count me in
Boomstrike101 is offline Find More Posts by Boomstrike101
Old Jun 04, 2009, 08:33 AM
Joined May 2009
12 Posts
Does anyone know the time for this event?
harrier212 is offline Find More Posts by harrier212
Old Jun 04, 2009, 11:42 AM
Appleton, WI
Joined Feb 2008
85 Posts
Aviation explorers

Yes if available any training aircraft that you would be willing to let the group use would be great, as well as any aircraft you would like to fly for a demo... I have been able to get off work that night and will be out at the field in the afternoon around 4:30 pm or so. I called Carl this morning and I am waiting for him to call me back as to what time his group can be at the field, and if the weather is not the greatest I plan on meeting them at the airport for their regular meeting with some of my models for a static demo.

I will post agin here when I find out the final times.

Thanks
Matt Cramer
Old Jun 05, 2009, 05:17 PM
Appleton, WI
Joined Feb 2008
85 Posts
June 11th

Got the final word today that the aviation explorers will be able to make it to Quarry field between 6:00 and 6:30 PM on the 11th, and based on that I told them to expect a quick presentation at around 6:45. Other than that the rest of the evening will be based on the weather and the aircraft we will have available, I told them there may be a small chance a trainer aircraft may be available for some hands on stick time but I made no promises.

Also just an FYI the Civil Air Patrol may be looking to do something similar to this with us later in the summer.

So again thanks for everyones help with this, and feel free to be out at Quarry Field at any time on the 11th and fly whatever you like as usual. The only request we may have once the group arrives is that if a training aircraft is in use the other members my be asked to wait until it has landed to resume normal use of the field, but the more members and aircraft we have the better.

Thanks,

Matt
Old Jun 13, 2009, 09:00 AM
Joined Jan 2007
338 Posts
Outstanding job guy's! Great pics! Looks like everyone was having a great time! Sure wish I could have been there.
flyerfreq is offline Find More Posts by flyerfreq